PDA

View Full Version : Top loading high efficiency washer?

vorage
08-29-2013, 08:15 AM
Does anyone use a top loading high efficiency washer? I like the idea of it, but wonder if it agitates as well as the front loaders. If you have one, do you like it? Does it get your clothes clean? (We're looking at a Bravo model at Lowes.)
Thanks!

jnieman
08-29-2013, 10:32 AM
Does anyone use a top loading high efficiency washer? I like the idea of it, but wonder if it agitates as well as the front loaders. If you have one, do you like it? Does it get your clothes clean? (We're looking at a Bravo model at Lowes.)
Thanks!

I have the Bravos Maytag top loading HE washer and dryer. It's about a year old. Bought it at Lowe's. At first I was concerned because some of the settings use such a small amount of water like the white setting. We use that setting for heavily stained whites. Mostly I use the bulky setting for towels and sheets which gives the full amount of water. The hand wash setting is perfect for golf shirts, tops, shorts and anything else. It gives the full amount of water also. I use the tide liquid HE detergent. My clothes have much less wear on them now that I don't have that beater bar beating them to death. I love love my washer and dryer. After hand washing and spinning on low I put all of my husband's golf shirts and my clothes in the dryer for three minutes, shake then hang. No ironing required.

Madelaine Amee
08-29-2013, 11:19 AM
Thanks!

I've got the Maytag top loading HE washer, also purchased from Lowes, but I got mine at a very low price when it first came out. It is an excellent washing machine and I like a top loader. I find the front loader is a nuisance when you have to bend way down to get things out from the back of the machine.

patfla06
08-29-2013, 11:46 AM
I also have the Maytag Bravos top load washer and dryer.
The BEST machines I've ever had!

You don't have the problem with odor you can get with
some front loaders. Also you can pause and add clothes.

I've had them in my house here in Tampa for about 3
years and I bought the same for our house in T.V.
I absolutely love them!!!

Bavarian
08-29-2013, 12:32 PM
We have Kenmore Calypso, works great. Big enough to wash comforters. Uses less water which keeps septic from getting too full. When we get to TV, where we have to pay for water and sewer by gal, should keep bills lower. Here in MD, have well and septic, no more cost after cost of drilling deep well and putting in tank and field.

Halibut
08-29-2013, 01:34 PM
Eh. We have the Whirlpool Cabrio Platinum series.

Mind you, I'm not claiming I do much laundry, and our clothes seem clean enough but if I look through that clear top all I see are items that are barely wet being mildly jostled. I don't think we'd buy a top loader again.

jnieman
08-29-2013, 01:47 PM
Eh. We have the Whirlpool Cabrio Platinum series.

Mind you, I'm not claiming I do much laundry, and our clothes seem clean enough but if I look through that clear top all I see are items that are barely wet being mildly jostled. I don't think we'd buy a top loader again.

When we first bought our Bravos Maytag we had the same thing happen. Very little water and I was leary of it really cleaning the clothes. That is when I discovered the other settings. On ours we have a bulky cycle for towels sheets and also a hand wash cycle for all of our other clothes. Both of those cycles fill up like a normal washer. I have found tinkering with different settings made a huge difference and now I love my washer and dryer top loader.

vorage
08-29-2013, 03:13 PM
That's all so great to hear. I knew I'd get good info from TOV. Thank you so much for responding.

firebiker
08-29-2013, 03:37 PM
I like my top loading HE washer, but I didn't get one with all the bells and whistles. Subsequently can't add fabric softner to the rinse cycle (Downey balls don't work since the washer doesn't fill up with water). My only suggestion is to get one with a fabric softner dispenser.