PDA

View Full Version : Sad to pass on. A murder suicide at Stonecrest.

graciegirl
08-29-2013, 01:37 PM
Murder-suicide at Stonecrest - ************** (http://www.**************.com/deputies-investigating-husband-wife-murder-suicide-at-stonecrest/)

Madelaine Amee
08-29-2013, 02:12 PM
Murder-suicide at Stonecrest - ************** (http://www.**************.com/deputies-investigating-husband-wife-murder-suicide-at-stonecrest/)

I would prefer to think of this as a mercy killing/suicide. It would seem to me that they could not, or did not want to, live without each other. In any case, very sad.

Taltarzac725
08-29-2013, 02:25 PM
Sad news. Doubt if there is much to investigate. There could be more going on here however than just a couple so much in love that one cannot bear to be without the other. Perhaps, they both had serious medical problems and did not want to burden any other family members if that had them.

Golfingnut
08-29-2013, 02:36 PM
I agree with the mercy killing and suicide as the likely cause. What a strong show of love for a life partner. It is so sad that we do not have assisted suicide laws all over this country.

ijusluvit
08-29-2013, 02:50 PM

Somehow it seems out of character for you to be the "out front" reporter on this item.

keithwand
08-29-2013, 03:55 PM
That's what they make garages for. A pitcher of Manhattans rocking to ACDC would be our preferred way.

Villages PL
08-29-2013, 04:33 PM
It's nice to think it was "true love" and that they didn't want to be apart. But we don't know what happened. It could have been altogether different. He might have said, "we can't afford your "assisted living facility" anymore. Do you think money grows on trees? We are nearly broke!" He might have been suffering from depression because of financial problems. So they argued about it and the rest is history.

Halle
08-29-2013, 04:40 PM
I agree with the mercy killing and suicide as the likely cause. What a strong show of love for a life partner. It is so sad that we do not have assisted suicide laws all over this country.

I agree.

deltaguy
08-29-2013, 04:58 PM
It's nice to think it was "true love" and that they didn't want to be apart. But we don't know what happened. It could have been altogether different. He might have said, "we can't afford your "assisted living facility" anymore. Do you think money grows on trees? We are nearly broke!" He might have been suffering from depression because of financial problems. So they argued about it and the rest is history.

Let it rest in peace! It's none of our business!

Villages PL
08-29-2013, 04:58 PM

It may be that only one of them committed suicide. And it might have been because of depression. Does any state allow assisted suicide for people suffering from depression? I don't think so.

Monkei
08-29-2013, 06:33 PM

sad when these things happen I had it happen in my family with a cousin and her husband but to make it tragic they were both in the 30s in good health with children.

Thanks for the post ... I did not even know that this Village news site existed.

asianthree
08-29-2013, 07:24 PM
well we will never know hoping a note to the family will help the healing

manaboutown
08-29-2013, 10:23 PM
Apparently murder-suicides are increasing among elderly couples. According to this article usually the man is responsible and acts without his wife's previous knowledge or consent. Murder-suicide disturbing trend among the elderly (http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/she-the-people/wp/2013/01/26/murder-suicide-disturbing-trend-among-the-elderly/)

chuckinca
08-30-2013, 12:19 AM
RIP Elmo and Doris you will be missed.

DianeM
08-30-2013, 06:34 AM
When you can't take living anymore you do this. Sad but true.

graciegirl
08-30-2013, 08:15 AM
I think this has given us all pause. I feel for their family and friends.

My grandmother would often say...Some things are worse than death.

bennete2
08-30-2013, 08:22 AM
May the good lord bless both of them and welcome them with open arms!!

DaleMN
08-30-2013, 08:42 AM
It may be that only one of them committed suicide. And it might have been because of depression. Does any state allow assisted suicide for people suffering from depression? I don't think so.

Oregon, Washington and Vermont allow physician assisted end of life. All should.

justjim
08-30-2013, 09:32 AM
Oregon, Washington and Vermont allow physician assisted end of life. All should.

Thanks for your post with that information---I was not aware any State had passed such legislation. Of course, not a subject you often discuss or think much about until you hear about such tragedy. Prayers for their family.

gpirate
08-30-2013, 10:26 AM

Dale I agree.

KeepingItReal
08-30-2013, 02:41 PM
Let it rest in peace! It's none of our business!

Agree. :pray:

Having experienced both I know suicide is a totally different kind of pain and anguish to loosing someone from a natural death. The family will question many things for many years to come and always wonder if there was not something they could have done.

rubicon
08-30-2013, 03:31 PM
"Oregon, Washington and Vermont do and all states should allow it."
WATCH WHAT YOU WISH FOR YOU JUST MIGHT GET IT!

perrjojo
08-30-2013, 08:14 PM
I have heard many sick and elderly people say, "I just wish I would die". I have really never understood that because they truly do have that choice. My Mother was faced with a terminal illness, signed on with Hospice and passed in 9 days. She refused all food and drink. No ivs, no stomach tubes.

Without food or hydration it takes 7 to 10 days to pass on. With the help of Hospice it was painless and peaceful.
She was surrounded by family for that entire time.

My Mother was a woman of great courage who lived and died on her own terms.

Barefoot
08-30-2013, 08:56 PM

I wasn't aware any States allowed Physician-assisted end of life. I wonder if they ever get residents of other States approaching the doctors for guidance or prescriptions.

DaleMN
08-31-2013, 09:28 AM
"Oregon, Washington and Vermont do and all states should allow it."
WATCH WHAT YOU WISH FOR YOU JUST MIGHT GET IT!

I sure hope so!!

DaleMN
08-31-2013, 09:30 AM
I wasn't aware any States allowed Physician-assisted end of life. I wonder if they ever get residents of other States approaching the doctors for guidance or prescriptions.

I assume they must have some kind of residency requirement.

graciegirl
08-31-2013, 09:38 AM
Some of us just can't help themselves making every issue a matter of philosophical bickering. It isn't necessary and certainly not kind, in the face of this sad news.