PDA

View Full Version : Sunset Point bad dog owner

Judyh
08-31-2013, 04:30 PM
Saturday morning the 31st I was walking the cart path near the Sunset Point gate when I noticed a couple walking what looked to be a Mastiff dog on the grass around the pond. My thought was large dog – large poop.
I was pleased to note that the man was carrying a plastic bag with the dog’s waste. I then turned around at the gate to walk back when I noticed the man’s hands were empty. I asked him what he did with the waste – his comment “I threw it behind the bushes (pointing to the bushes by the gate sign) because there is no waste container for him to dump it in”. I told him it was a terrible thing to do but my comments did not seem to faze either he or his wife.
Are we to ruin our beautiful landscaping because a bad dog owner is too lazy to carry his dog’s waste home to his own trash???

red tail
08-31-2013, 05:47 PM
Saturday morning the 31st I was walking the cart path near the Sunset Point gate when I noticed a couple walking what looked to be a Mastiff dog on the grass around the pond. My thought was large dog – large poop.
I was pleased to note that the man was carrying a plastic bag with the dog’s waste. I then turned around at the gate to walk back when I noticed the man’s hands were empty. I asked him what he did with the waste – his comment “I threw it behind the bushes (pointing to the bushes by the gate sign) because there is no waste container for him to dump it in”. I told him it was a terrible thing to do but my comments did not seem to faze either he or his wife.
Are we to ruin our beautiful landscaping because a bad dog owner is too lazy to carry his dog’s waste home to his own trash???

isn't it just a form of fertilizer?

hansel
08-31-2013, 06:07 PM

Someone did the same thing in front of our house yesterday.The sad thing is that it is probably one of our neighbors.

Phanatic Luvr
08-31-2013, 10:52 PM
Unbelievable! And to think it is just fertilizer, in a bag, from a Mastiff in 95* temperatures. Unbelievable again!

Easyrider
09-01-2013, 12:02 AM

FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Unbelievable! And to think it is just fertilizer, in a bag, from Mastiff in 95* temperatures. Unbelievable again! [/FONT]

Anyone that thinks it is fertilizer should openly welcome everyone to throw it in their yard.

After all it is cheaper than Scott's turf builder...

sueandskip
09-01-2013, 12:31 AM
you can't fix stupid !

kittygilchrist
09-01-2013, 05:30 AM
I believe Phanatic was using hyperbole and can't believe anyone thinks dog poop in a plastic bag is beneficial.
Me too.

buggyone
09-01-2013, 06:42 AM

At that point, why didn't you just take out your cell phone, call Community Watch, tell them what happened and trail the man - while on your phone until Community Watch arrived on the scene?

DougB
09-01-2013, 07:22 AM
At that point, why didn't you just take out your cell phone, call Community Watch, tell them what happened and trail the man - while on your phone until Community Watch arrived on the scene?

We got some nuts in this world. I wouldn't recommend anybody trail anybody.

bkcunningham1
09-01-2013, 07:35 AM
We should have a thread called "Crazy of the Day," or "The Sh!# you See in The Villages." Yesterday, my contribution would have been telling about being dumbfounded watching a man hold a dog up at the human drinking water fountain outside the public restrooms at Spanish Springs while the dog licked and drank from the public water fountain. Yuck.

Judyh
09-01-2013, 07:53 AM

If I hadn't told them what a terrible thing they had just done but just kept my mouth shut then I would have followed them. Who knows, maybe they will see this and think twice before doing it again.

nitehawk
09-01-2013, 09:07 AM
If I hadn't told them what a terrible thing they had just done but just kept my mouth shut then I would have followed them. Who knows, maybe they will see this and think twice before doing it again.

:bigbow:

Trish Miller
09-02-2013, 01:45 AM
Its plain gross and disgusting!!!!!

rubicon
09-02-2013, 04:23 AM
Well first of all since guy had a Mistiff on he other end of that leash I would not have been there long enough to have witnessed what this guy did with the dog's droppings.:crap2: However, if I had I would not have for a second considered trailing him . I mean I watched the Zimmerman trial:confused:

finally given the poster's comments on the fountain drinking dog. I will never again use a public drinking fountain. I mean who does that!:loco:

Parker
09-02-2013, 05:57 AM
The fountain post is just as bad, if not worse, than the poop post. The attitude of both owners are a mystery to me.

Atlantacracker
09-05-2013, 05:29 PM
we are moving to the village this month have two dogs do you use doggie bags and where do put the bags is there a place to putit or put it in your trashcan thanls atlantacracker

gomoho
09-05-2013, 06:08 PM
The dog poop bags can go in your regular garbage collection; however, the challenge is where to store it till it's time for the trash to go out. I have a closed stainless trash can with a deodorizer in it in the garage, but it still reeks when you transfer the contents to the garbage bag. If anyone has a better system I would love to hear about it.

Barefoot
09-05-2013, 06:09 PM
we are moving to the village this month have two dogs do you use doggie bags and where do put the bags is there a place to putit or put it in your trashcan thanls atlantacracker

Yes, pick up with a doggie bag (and please don't trespass on anyone's property), and place it in your own garbage.

You may wish to join Doggie Doo Run Run, a private Dogpark on CR 101. $30 a month for two dogs and you can go as often as you want. It's a great dog park on ten acres with a section for small dogs, and another for dogs over 30 lbs. And they will clean up your dogs' poop, just place a flag!

Halle
09-06-2013, 12:09 PM
The dog poop bags can go in your regular garbage collection; however, the challenge is where to store it till it's time for the trash to go out. I have a closed stainless trash can with a deodorizer in it in the garage, but it still reeks when you transfer the contents to the garbage bag. If anyone has a better system I would love to hear about it.

My girls are only allowed to go in their yard. I clean the yard several times a day with a scoop and small bucket then I flush it down the toilet. I think there is a post on biodegradable bags that you can use and flush.

maddie101
09-06-2013, 03:54 PM

There is another thread similar and I suggested a Diaper Genie. They keep the odor controlled until garbage pick up and they are sanitary.

justjim
09-06-2013, 05:27 PM
Our last dog passed some 12 years ago---prior to moving into TV. We had agreed she would be the last and we would not replace our 15 years old "Candy"----Didn't know it at the time but it's proven to be a very good decision. There are some dog owners in TV with absolutely no common sense.

kittygilchrist
09-06-2013, 05:42 PM
Our last dog passed some 12 years ago---prior to moving into TV. We had agreed she would be the last and we would not replace our 15 years old "Candy"----Didn't know it at the time but it's proven to be a very good decision. There are some dog owners in TV with absolutely no common sense.

that's a personal decision. I wouldn't give up my relationship with my dog for anything, period.
I do understand not having a pup for whenever it doesn't seem right. It's not a thing to enter into lightly.

Pepperhead
09-06-2013, 05:42 PM

It seems so obvious to me that I can only assume my solution is flawed. Flush it...not the bag...just the poop.

Sidebar...I cannot believe I just used the word "poop." I am more prone to use dysphemisms than euphemisms.

kittygilchrist
09-06-2013, 05:52 PM
oh dear, I shall go all off topic and be censured if I say I'm looking up dysphemism, and that language is far more interesting than poop.
OK, on topic, how do you neatly empty a bag of poop without a mess?

maddie101
09-06-2013, 06:00 PM
oh dear, I shall go all off topic and be censured if I say I'm looking up dysphemism, and that language is far more interesting than poop.

Putting the bag with residue with standard trash would not be sanitary. Inquiring minds want to know where you dispose of bags? This is a messy subject

gomoho
09-06-2013, 06:06 PM
Well now, this is certainly a ball of wax we haven't explored. I have 2 large dogs and when we walk and they poop I have bags that I pick it up in and immediately tie very tightly. So my point is flushing really isn't an option; however, if someone made a bag at a reasonable price that was flushable "HALLELUJIA, HALLELUJIA" that would be a dream come true. But until then I can't flush because dumping the residue from the bog into the loo would be gross; however, it would certainly take care of most of the odor.

Now Kitty, how are bags of residue any worse than bags of poop in the garbage? What do you do with you fur friend's stuff???

Didiwinbob
09-06-2013, 06:07 PM
I purchased a diaper hamper from Walmart. It is perfect. The smell is contained. It's made just for this reason but for dogs.

Pepperhead
09-06-2013, 06:10 PM

I'm just an ideas man and leave implementation to others.:D

kittygilchrist
09-06-2013, 06:11 PM
Putting the bag with residue with standard trash would not be sanitary. Inquiring minds want to know where you dispose of bags? This is a messy subject

yeah it is messy. I meant to ask the poster how to dispose feces into a toilet without a mess.

re your post, Maddie, Where would you dispose of bags if not in the trash? and if not there, sincerely, why not? I'm confused about what is and isn't "sanitary"...?
We come here from all over with really diverse expectations...and cultures, backgrounds and communities...this is me letting go. accckkkk!

maddie101
09-06-2013, 06:15 PM
Look up diaper genie. It Is double contained and antibacterial. I am crazy about germs. Hated the diaper pal when I had babies. Germs crawl around. This takes complete bag and poop and keeps it odor free until garbage pickup. Lots of things work, but this is one of the most contained.

Pepperhead
09-06-2013, 06:15 PM
Eureka!!! (http://www.flushdoggy.com/) Flushable doogy doo doo bags.

shcisamax
09-06-2013, 06:35 PM
We put something in the ground that is filled with a chemical that breaks down the waste. I pick up the poop, plunk it in the inground container, and voila...adios.

maddie101
09-06-2013, 06:54 PM
Doggy doo bags. Who knew? The things we learn on TOTV.
Gotta love it.

gomoho
09-06-2013, 07:58 PM
WOW - those bags look like a wonderful product, but they are about 3x in cost what I now pay for bags. Will give it some thought 'cause it's is an awesome idea. Thanks for the information.

ronsroni
09-06-2013, 08:29 PM
Here I sit, upon my stoop.
I hope and pray the dogs will poop.
And when they do it'll be scooped in a flash,
Of course I'll put it in my own trash.
I love my dogs; they run, jump and play
And my heart sings for them each and every day.

C'mon. See the poop, pick up the poop. ALL dog owners need to do this.
If you are guilty of not picking up, triple shame on you and you deserve to be fined.
I know of ONE person who cannot bend. BUT, there are grabbers and pans on a stick that can be bought or created.
Have a barkless day.