PDA

View Full Version : Supper at Spanish Springs & Crossing Sumter

Boudicca
09-05-2013, 06:23 PM
lovely evening at Margerita Republic - crossed Sumter Bridge on the way home

bkcunningham1
09-05-2013, 06:58 PM
You are such a good artist. Such a good eye for beauty.

jojo
09-05-2013, 07:11 PM
I so appreciate your posting your beautiful photographs. Such artistry. It enriches my day. Thank you.

quirky3
09-06-2013, 07:41 AM
Beautiful pictures! Helps wannabees appreciate what it there!

kittygilchrist
09-06-2013, 07:50 AM
magical. and I love a girl who calls it "supper"--!

graciegirl
09-06-2013, 08:01 AM
What they all said Sandra. Such a gift.

Make these lovely scenes into giclee's and sell them. They would be so wanted in so many homes. Mine would be at the top of the list.

Boudicca
09-06-2013, 08:28 AM
Thank you all :) I'd recently been mired in a "pity party" as a result of three surgeries in quick succession. Skin cancer had reared its ugly head, and one of the surgeries was a complete rebuild of 1/2 of my nose. It will look good as new in a few more weeks, but all the inactivity had driven me "stir crazy". Poor hubby asked the doctor "do you have a straight jacket we can use" because he understood how so much inactivity would be impossible. Your kind and generous comments about my photos got rid of the "Pity Party" feelings in an instant.

DaleMN
09-07-2013, 07:54 AM
magical. and I love a girl who calls it "supper"--!

Ok....so what is the difference between supper and dinner?

asianthree
09-07-2013, 09:13 AM
i am thinking you must have a ton of saved photos..have you thought of printing them and selling them

asianthree
09-07-2013, 09:14 AM
and i love the fountain :ho:

Schaumburger
09-07-2013, 09:19 AM
Ok....so what is the difference between supper and dinner?

Not to hijack a post...but my dad in Iowa calls the last main meal of the day "supper." In Chicago it is called "dinner.."

And there are several "supper clubs" in the upper Midwest -- Iowa, Wisconsin and Minnesota.

Boudicca
09-07-2013, 01:04 PM
Yes, Asianthree, and Gracie, I do have a ton of photos, and its an attractive idea of being able to make "pocket money" from selling them. I took a few I'd transfered to canvas, to one of the local Consignment Stores to get an idea of their worth. As far as canvas/photos were concerned, I'd barely break even. Another TOTV poster gave me the idea of selling my photos simply as photos, and/or as calendars. That's when it gets complicated with having to get a business licence, file forms, and collect/pay taxes etc. The photo sharing website Shutterfly is great for letting people see one's work, but of course, Shutterfly earn the money, should somone want to make a purchase. Having my own website is beyond my capability. I continue to get pleasure from posting my photos here, and so appreciate your generous feedback. Sandra

Barefoot
09-07-2013, 01:08 PM

For us, your photographs are a lovely reminder of the beauty that awaits us when we return to our Villages home in November!

Taltarzac725
09-08-2013, 10:22 AM

Nice pictures. Like how you use things for framing in these. :BigApplause:

amybelles
09-08-2013, 10:23 AM
The pictures are so beautiful...thanks so much for sharing! I am looking forward to seeing this scenery for the first time this winter, when we hope to live here! I will not miss the gray winters of PA!!!