PDA

View Full Version : Do you own a KIA ?

Sunny08
09-05-2013, 08:19 PM
I'm thinking about buying a KIA. Any KIA owners, let me know if you are happy with your KIA.

asianthree
09-05-2013, 08:29 PM
have a 10 year old sonota love it never a problem..2 year old kia...has been in the shop 14 times ( push start stopped workingand host of other things)...and just got a recall notice for something else...can't wait till the lease is up to dump it

Phanatic Luvr
09-05-2013, 08:40 PM
have a 10 year old sonota love it never a problem..2 year old kia...has been in the shop 14 times ( push start stopped workingand host of other things)...and just got a recall notice for something else...can't wait till the lease is up to dump it

You must be working really long hours again there asianthree. A Sonota is a Hyundai, not a Kia. Although I know they are similar, not the same.

Phanatic Luvr
09-05-2013, 08:45 PM
We have a Kia, a new turbo Optima. So far we love it but only has about 2,500 miles on it. I have a 2012 Hyundai Elantra which is good for skipping around The Villages in. Just had my first recall on that which was minor. I do have an issue with the steering, mostly when I am out on the highway. I always feel like I am fighting with the steering wheel, as it has a hesitation when you move it ever so slightly. I have had it back twice complaining about it and they made an adjustment which was good for about 100 miles and then started the same thing.

asianthree
09-06-2013, 09:09 AM
You must be working really long hours again there asianthree. A Sonota is a Hyundai, not a Kia. Although I know they are similar, not the same.

we have a hyundai that we can not part with not a single problem..bought the kia thinking we would have two great cars...the kia has been in the dealerships shop or the service manager house more than ours....car would not start for hours at a time..of course never worked at the dealership..after six months of maybe start or not starting..the service manager took the car home to see if it would not start...had it two days and nothing...on the third day he stopped at the grocery with our car to pick up his daughters birthday cake, and tons of ice cream....low and behold car would not start...dealership was closed had to wait for tow truck had to take cake and ice cream back in the store...and angry daughter and 11 little girls with no party...his parting words for me when they fixed it was... i will never send another customer home with their car when they say my car won't start..

McP1605
09-06-2013, 09:21 AM
I have a 2011 Kia Sorento. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE! It is the perfect size for me. I haven't had it in the shop at all except for regular oil changes. It has had two minor recalls. But, you rarely buy a new car these days that don't have recalls on them. The recalls were fixed in under an hour. Although I don't use the additional two seats in the way back very often, it sure does come in handy once in awhile when the grandkids are around. I hear the new ones have the automatic tailgate lift. The one feature I wish I had! Good luck.

alanmcdonald
09-06-2013, 09:43 AM
We bought my wife a 2013 Kia Optima in blue last October when her old Chrysler Sebring was getting to the point that repairs would cost more than the car was worth.

We loved it so much that when my Audi started having engine problems I got a matching one in red in May.

Both of them are SXL models with everything.

MrBluSkies
09-06-2013, 09:57 AM
I bought a 2013 Kia Soul Exclaim in May, and really like it a lot. Has a lot of nice features as standard equipment, much more roomy inside than you'd guess looking from the outside. I have no regrets in the purchase.

jackz
09-06-2013, 12:34 PM
Our son just accepted a position to teach Science and English in Thailand and left this week.

We will be assisting him by selling his 2012 Kia Soul. Getting it cleaned up and serviced and will be posting photos and price soon.

PM if interested.

cwo4mat
09-06-2013, 01:01 PM
Have a 2012 Sportage and like it a lot. Have 30000 miles and never had a problem!

CaptJohn
09-06-2013, 06:34 PM
we have a hyundai that we can not part with not a single problem..bought the kia thinking we would have two great cars...the kia has been in the dealerships shop or the service manager house more than ours....car would not start for hours at a time..of course never worked at the dealership..after six months of maybe start or not starting..the service manager took the car home to see if it would not start...had it two days and nothing...on the third day he stopped at the grocery with our car to pick up his daughters birthday cake, and tons of ice cream....low and behold car would not start...dealership was closed had to wait for tow truck had to take cake and ice cream back in the store...and angry daughter and 11 little girls with no party...his parting words for me when they fixed it was... i will never send another customer home with their car when they say my car won't start..

That's a great story every mechanic should endure when they tell you there is nothing wrong with your car!
A friend who bought his wife a Mercedes said not to get a Kia but I don't remember why. He is a helicopter pilot and is pretty knowledgeable on mechanics and checks out things carefully before purchasing.

PS. Hyundais are made in Alabama by people who care! :laugh:

Sunny08
09-06-2013, 07:33 PM
Thank you for your responses ! I have a Ford Expedition. I've been with Ford for so long. Wanting to get out of Ford and also to downsize!

jandlvillage
09-10-2013, 06:33 PM
Have 2010 Kia Soul...50,000 miles. Only problem we had was with the radio, specifically the amplifier located in the back of the vehicle. Fortunately, husband is mechanically inclined and, once Kia dealership provided the new amplifier, he put it in himself.

keithwand
09-10-2013, 08:14 PM
I had a KIA 10 speed bike in college in the mid 70's.
Maybe it's a classic by now.

senior citizen
09-10-2013, 09:02 PM
Our niece and her husband bought twin Kia's. They have had no problems at all with them. She makes long trips several times a year from North Carolina to Northern New Jersey, alone, with two little ones.....seems very reliable as far as vehicles go.....plus they are attractive.

Sunny08
09-10-2013, 09:11 PM
Thank you all for your comments. They are helpful. Now I just need to test drive one and make my decision.