PDA

View Full Version : Are There Any Plans For An Additional "Wellness Center South"?

Villages Kahuna
07-14-2007, 07:26 PM
The Wellness Center at the hospital seems well designed-equipped-staffed and is very popular. Popular to the extent of overcrowding at fairly regular times, particularly "in season". The exercise facilities at Laurel Manor seem similarly overcrowded at the most popular times.

I've decided not to pay the fee to gain access to an already overcrowded Wellness Center that's a long golf cart ride from our house in the "south Villages". I would happily opt for a fee-based Wellness Center if it was properly sized for its useage and closer to home.

Anyone hear of plans for another facility out our way?

villages07
07-15-2007, 08:25 AM
Kahuna.... the new regional rec center at 466A - Colony Cottage -- has a fitness center ...much bigger than Laurel Manor and lots of state of the art equipment. You can pay as you go (approx $5 daily rate) or purchase a membership. It is a beautiful facility and because it is now on the outskirts of TV probably won't be too crowded for awhile. It is not like the Wellness Center with personal trainers but has all the equipment. Check it out!!

Villages Kahuna
07-16-2007, 08:30 AM
...I'll definitely check out the Colony Cottage Rec Center when we get back. We're "up north" for the summer and missing The Villages a lot. Next year our northbound trek will be a lot shorter, for sure.

gobarb26
11-15-2007, 01:55 AM
Hi. I just wanted to let you know that I have heard that they will be opening a new Wellness Center, south of 466 sometime in the future. This will not be the one that is currently in Colony Cottage that is just a fitness center, not a wellness center.