PDA

View Full Version : Flat Screen TVs

zcaveman
09-08-2013, 03:50 PM
Just a rant! Before flat screens, all of the CRT TV screens used to show the entire picture and all of the images were a realistic size. Then came the flat screens and nothing is normal any more. Excluding HD, which you need a special box to see the HD screens, we are basically screwed. Unless you still have the old CRT screen, you cannot get a natural look (normal looking actors). If you have a flat screen TV, on my TV you have to go to the “Natural” option. Any of the other selections on the flat screen show fat and fatter people on the tube. They lose the bottom of the screen so you cannot see the scroll at the bottom of the screen.

I was watching the football games today in the “Natural” screen mode. On the FOX channel I get a 15”X9” inch screen with a lot of black around the picture. On CBS I get a 16”X13 screen. Since both are the Natural screen mode I wonder why do I get two different views.

There should be a setting where I can get what I used to see on a CRT screen.

Z

Villager Audio Video
09-08-2013, 05:45 PM
There isn't, ALL TV today is shot in high definition in a 16:9 aspect ratio. Watching 4:3 television today is like playing 8 tracks. Do yourself a favor, get the HD feed. It's soooooo much better and it's designed for todays display devices

asianthree
09-08-2013, 05:52 PM
and when the channel isn't in HD boy do the people look bad:shocked:

zcaveman
09-08-2013, 07:28 PM
There isn't, ALL TV today is shot in high definition in a 16:9 aspect ratio. Watching 4:3 television today is like playing 8 tracks. Do yourself a favor, get the HD feed. It's soooooo much better and it's designed for todays display devices

It is not worth the $12 plus a month for the computer room and bedroom TVs to rent the HD DVRs.

Z