PDA

View Full Version : How to get rid of junk prior to moving....

Bonnevie
09-08-2013, 04:41 PM
I'm cleaning out my house, garage, and shed in preparation to moving to TV in a couple of weeks. I had a lot of junk I didn't know how I was going to get rid of it....not good enough for goodwill....
well, I put it all out at the curb today, went to craigslist and put in a "curb alert" ad and viola....it looked like chum in the water out there. Almost of all it is gone...and I mean junk, rusted hibachi bottom, rusted shovels.Christmas decorations, old crutches, dilapidated shelving...
I guess some of it was taken for scrap....but anyone getting ready to move....I highly advise trying this...I guess the saying someones trash is anther one's treasure holds true

asianthree
09-08-2013, 04:55 PM
i would have never thought of that...thanks:clap2:

amybelles
09-08-2013, 05:33 PM
When we were cleaning things out to move, we sometimes would just put large items like furniture or equipment out at the curb the night before trash day and cross our fingers. Usually someone came and picked it up before the garbage truck arrived. There's also a site called freecycle if you don't want to use craigslist.

DangeloInspections
09-08-2013, 07:48 PM
When we moved we decided we were not taking very much at all....the cost of moving stuff often exceeds the value of the stuff. We sold and gave tons of stuff away.

We moved everything in one 7' x 8' x 7' ABF Relocube. I taped the dimensions in the middle of our garage floor and told my wife EVERYTHING we are taking to Florida MUST fit within those boundries. We used every square inch. The cost was low.

The ABF folks laughed and said it was the heaviest, best packed cube they ever moved. It was nice having everything unpacked in less then an hour....

Frank