PDA

View Full Version : God Bless America...

CFrance
09-10-2013, 07:22 AM
...land that I love.

One World Trade Center (also 1 World Trade Center or 1 WTC, formerly known as the Freedom Tower)

For an interesting photo tour of the site, go here World Trade Center Construction: 4 WTC and Calatrava’s Transit Hub [PHOTOS] | Untapped Cities (http://untappedcities.com/2013/06/27/behind-the-scenes-world-trade-center-4-wtc-calatrava-transit-hub-photos/)

I have another pic that won't upload from my phone camera even though I have it on my desktop. It shows a structure in front of One WTC that appears to be a remnant of the Twin Towers. But I can't find anything online explaining this structure, so maybe it is just left over from construction. Chime in if you know anything about it.

DianeM
09-10-2013, 08:20 AM
I believe it is, in fact, a piece from the original Twin Towers.

graciegirl
09-10-2013, 08:22 AM
And I would agree with anything you ever said or thought CFRANCE.....I particularly agree with God Bless America.

We won't forget. Whether we were at ground zero or in Ohio.

Tomorrow is etched in all of our hearts.

CFrance
09-10-2013, 09:50 AM
And I would agree with anything you ever said or thought CFRANCE.....I particularly agree with God Bless America.

We won't forget. Whether we were at ground zero or in Ohio.

Tomorrow is etched in all of our hearts.

That is for sure, Gracie. And there is a mural on the outside of Ladder 10 listing the names of all the firefighters who perished. I couldn't get a clear picture of it, but here are images from the web.

There were a group of children there, with a firefighter reading a story about what happened and using the mural (it's actually a relief, I believe) to demonsrate what happened. Pretty powerful.

jebartle
09-10-2013, 10:07 AM
of our lost Americans....God Bless America!

Lbmb24101
09-10-2013, 10:14 AM
I will never forget that day.

May GOD bless America!
May something like this never ever happen again!

CFrance
09-10-2013, 10:50 AM
Please don't turn this into a political bashing. The intent of the post was to honor those who perished on 9/11 and to celebrate the new beginning of the WTC and the strength of America. Nothing more.

Bucco
09-10-2013, 10:56 AM
Please don't turn this into a political bashing. The intent of the post was to honor those who perished on 9/11 and to celebrate the new beginning of the WTC and the strength of America. Nothing more.

You are correct.

It is a day where we all recall how we heard the news and how we "handled" it.

Those who were there will never be the same. We did show strength and while overwhelmed with grief and sadness, we were so proud of those who ran to help instead of away.

CFrance
09-10-2013, 11:26 AM
Thanks, Bucco

Patty55
09-11-2013, 01:10 PM
I love the design of the new tower. Initially I liked this proposed design better.

DianeM
09-11-2013, 02:42 PM
You are correct.

It is a day where we all recall how we heard the news and how we "handled" it.

Those who were there will never be the same. We did show strength and while overwhelmed with grief and sadness, we were so proud of those who ran to help instead of away.

AMEN. If you lived it, you will never ever forget how it felt. But every American shared the pain with New York and still do.

CFrance
09-11-2013, 06:36 PM
I love the design of the new tower. Initially I liked this proposed design better.

The new building is tapered as it rises and is not quite as imposing as the towers were. It kind of recedes into the sky. I too preferred the design you liked. But supposedly the designers have "corrected" some of the design flaws of the towers, in that there was not a lot of pedestrian through-traffic access, among other things.

There's still much to be constructed, but I'm happy for this much to have happened. It's still a chilling site. I wish they would complete repairing the building behind, at on the outside. It still looks like a war zone.