PDA

View Full Version : No Syrian Attack

Golfingnut
09-11-2013, 04:09 AM
I am happy to see that the world has convinced the US to slow down. I hope those calling for blood to run in the streets with our young people's lives are not too upset with the call for no US involvement.

Madelaine Amee
09-11-2013, 05:43 AM
I am happy to see that the world has convinced the US to slow down. I hope those calling for blood to run in the streets with our young people's lives are not too upset with the call for no US involvement.

Common sense prevails.:agree:

asianthree
09-11-2013, 06:42 AM
Many families can sleep better tonight

billethkid
09-11-2013, 08:34 AM
some of us believe it was never in the cards, however given the nature of never knowing who is going to do what, I remain guarded.
We are more likely to get involved by accident than we are by intent.

The political aspect of the feigned approval process has accomplished it's mission although not the way intented (thanx to the Russians pupeteering).

btk

Monkei
09-11-2013, 12:59 PM

A lot has changed in the USA since 2001. Our desire for red meat has gone. It's nice that we are willing to find other ways to deal with issues instead of always pushing war and keeping our defense industry fed.

But the threat of bombing was important in this case. We had to show we were willing to take that action.

billethkid
09-11-2013, 01:17 PM
But the threat of bombing was important in this case. We had to show we were willing to take that action.

I believe if the threat of bombing was important, then it is a tactical error to put off the vote for approval until who knows when. I further believe that proceding with the request for approval while pursuing diplomacy would demonstrate resolve and commitment to intent.

We all know that was not the choice because the votes/support was not there to approve.......an embarassing result to that took precedent to avoid.
Obama would have been taken much more seriously in the international community if he would have remained on the course to seek approval.

One just does not wait until one sees the flames before deciding what to do about the fire....let alone wait to go get approval to see if it is OK to fight the fire.

I do not think men with the chemistry of the Assads and the Putins and the Iranians are much impressed with....if I get approval I'm gonna get ya, so you better listen up!!

As Teddy Roosevelt said walk softly but carry a big stick.

We are walking softly and we will decide later to get a big stick....if we are allowed to get one!!! It is not the same by a long shot.....having the big stick is what it is/was all about....Putin and Assad know this very well.

btk

kittygilchrist
09-11-2013, 02:11 PM
Russia sells chems to Syria, supervises genocide, US threatens, Russia offers to intervene. I'm definitely missing something.

donb9006
09-11-2013, 02:43 PM
Yes. The gullible US will take Russia up on its offer and a weak president hellbent on blowing something up gets kudos for a job well done. LOL

Gullible? You wish... Nothing of the sort.

Are you talking about the Nobel Peace Prize winner? That guy is hellbent on blowing something up? "You have to kill to have peace". Isn't that something in 1984?