PDA

View Full Version : Musicians Showcase Today

Marigold
09-13-2013, 11:17 AM
Fabulous musicians all day at the Savannah Center!!!!!
All four rooms have great groups playing/singing throughout the day until six.
I saw it in the newspaper yesterday and am glad I came. Each group performs for one hour showcasing their talents . One stop shopping for those who need a great act/ group for you next social or party. Come on down now!!!
Nice way to spend the afternoon in cool comfort.

susiejwill
09-13-2013, 11:49 AM
Hillsborough's own Diva Kay and Musicman Ed are performing in the Rhett Butler room at 3:30, far as I know.

Marigold
09-13-2013, 11:51 AM
Great group, Vinyl Recall performing now

Marigold
09-13-2013, 03:01 PM
Beatlemaniacs are starting at 4:30. Still time to listen and dance!

DougB
09-13-2013, 06:56 PM
Thank you, Marigold for the kind compliment. Wow, did we have a great time at the showcase today. Lots of dancing and singing to the old music we all love. Vinyl Recall would like to thank everyone who came out today.

PammyJ
09-13-2013, 08:46 PM
What a fun day! I met many fellow musicians. Some people move here for the golf, I moved here for the music! Beatlemaniacs are a great group! Yes, I am a member of Vinyl Recall. We had a great group in the audience today. If you need to get in contact with us send us a PM. We need more of the showcases....and maybe more advertisement!
It was a pleasure to play music today with great musicians!

Baileysmom
09-13-2013, 09:31 PM
:BigApplause::BigApplause:We had such fun today at the Showcase. Went to see Vinyl Recall and stayed to finish off the day at the Beatlemanics show. Both were great fun and showcased some really wonderful musicians and vocalists. Between the two shows we found comfy chairs and got to sit and listen to several other acts. It was truly a great way to spend a Friday, I hope there will be more of them. It is really amazing to me how much talent there is here, I had no idea what a perk that would be. Good work everyone. :)

Diva Kay
09-14-2013, 03:10 PM
Hillsborough's own Diva Kay and Musicman Ed are performing in the Rhett Butler room at 3:30, far as I know.

Thanks girlfriend - it was a blast.

Dr Winston O Boogie jr
09-14-2013, 03:14 PM
Thanks for the nice comments. As a member of both Vinyl Recall and the Beatlemaniacs of the Villages, I really appreciated the enthusiasm shown by the crowds. Thanks to everyone for coming and supporting us and thanks to the recreation department for running this event. It had to be a lot of work to put something like this together. I hope that all the musicians and audience members appreciate what the red dept did.

bkcunningham1
09-14-2013, 04:54 PM
Was this a free event?

Marigold
09-14-2013, 05:59 PM
Yes it was a free all day long event with free cookies and refreshments sponsored by the rec. dept. The only advertisements I was aware of were an article in the Daily Sun the day before the event and the rec news.
Sadly our great community radio station was busy all morning promoting the new Chrysler dealership outside of The Villages. I guess they must be a new sponsor for them. It was a shame that they didn't support this first time all day event within The Villages showcasing what excellent musicians/ entertainers we have.
If I missed any radio announcements that morning, I apologize in advance.
Anyone hear an announcement on the radio Friday about the Musicians lovers Showcase?

Dr Winston O Boogie jr
09-14-2013, 08:56 PM
Here's a bit of the Beatlemaniacs performance. Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKpddbSEmnA

Dr Winston O Boogie jr
09-14-2013, 09:28 PM
Here's another one, featuring the dulcet tones of MrRoy Bill of Buttonwood.
ISHST 09 13 2013 - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFY6IL8wd38&feature=youtu.be)

susiejwill
09-15-2013, 10:40 AM
Rock On!

DougB
09-15-2013, 07:41 PM
Yeah, yeah, yeah

Dr Winston O Boogie jr
09-18-2013, 12:19 PM
Yeah, yeah, yeah

You should have been there. It was a great crowd.