PDA

View Full Version : It starts to get obvious that it may be time to downsize.

ajbrown
09-13-2013, 02:30 PM
So how do you know it may be time to downsize? I think I got a good indicator today!

My wife mentioned our ceiling fans needed to be cleaned and lights adjusted. Maybe even balance them while we are working in the area? Most of our rooms have ceiling fans in MA.

Very simple I proclaimed, I may have even puffed out my chest. I then realized what fans she meant.

Simple yes, just a few steps, bring up:

six pieces of staging (three flights) from basement (for folks in FL, a basement or cellar is space under your house. :)
six cross braces
three planks which are thicker than a ‘2 by’ and they feel like they are soaked in water for extra weight. Did I mention they are warped so that they rock one to two inches?

Now for some easy setup..

As you are trying to keep your balance rocking back and forth on a plank ten feet off the ground, lifting the third height of staging high enough to fit into height two, you immediately realize you are not nearly as strong as you used to be.

It also dawns on you that ten feet off the ground is high enough up to hurt oneself if you went crashing down with staging in hand.

All went well enough and the setup is complete….

Next I help lovely wife clean fan by spotting for her in case she falls…….take picture with phone….. you know who even sneaks into the picture. BTW, there is another fan out of the picture frame right.

Yes indeed, the clean, adjust lights and balance was really as easy as I thought…..

Now all I have to do is put everything away. Easy peasy. It has to be 5'oclock somewhere :beer3:

If I have not downsized by the time these fans need work again, I will buy new fans and have them installed!

http://i1002.photobucket.com/albums/af146/ajbrown2007/totv/IMG_1242_zpsbeea7628.jpg (http://s1002.photobucket.com/user/ajbrown2007/media/totv/IMG_1242_zpsbeea7628.jpg.html)

graciegirl
09-13-2013, 02:39 PM
So how do you know it may be time to downsize? I think I got a good indicator today!

My wife mentioned our ceiling fans needed to be cleaned and lights adjusted. Maybe even balance them while we are working in the area? Most of our rooms have ceiling fans in MA.

Very simple I proclaimed, I may have even puffed out my chest. I then realized what fans she meant.

six pieces of staging (three flights) from basement (for folks in FL, a basement or cellar is space under your house. :)
six cross braces
three planks which are thicker than a ‘2 by’ and they feel like they are soaked in water for extra weight. Did I mention they are warped so that they rock one to two inches?

As you are trying to keep your balance rocking back and forth on a plank ten feet off the ground, lifting the third height of staging high enough to fit into height two, you immediately realize you are not nearly as strong as you used to be.

It also dawns on you that ten feet off the ground is high enough up to hurt oneself if you went crashing down with staging in hand.

Next I help lovely wife clean fan by spotting for her in case she falls…….take picture with phone….. you know who even sneaks into the picture. BTW, there is another fan out of the picture frame right.

Yes indeed, the clean, adjust lights and balance was really as easy as I thought…..

Now all I have to do is put everything away. Easy peasy. It has to be 5'oclock somewhere :beer3:

If I have not downsized by the time these fans need work again, I will buy new fans and have them installed!

http://i1002.photobucket.com/albums/af146/ajbrown2007/totv/IMG_1242_zpsbeea7628.jpg (http://s1002.photobucket.com/user/ajbrown2007/media/totv/IMG_1242_zpsbeea7628.jpg.html)

Alan. Two homes may be one home too many. We want you here full time..and the lovely wife and the dawg.

jimbo2012
09-13-2013, 02:51 PM
Boy I hope you took her out to dinner :icon_hungry: after asking her to climb those monkey bars.

I've done that in my house in NY......oooh fun.

Just think the most you'll need here is one section:shrug:

justjim
09-13-2013, 03:09 PM
Here in TV most of us have made our checkbook our NEW tools. Leave all those tools and such up north and pedal on down! Life is good here.

ajbrown
09-13-2013, 03:43 PM
Alan. Two homes may be one home too many. We want you here full time..and the lovely wife and the dawg.

We will downsize for sure.... will we be full timers? Not quite ready to make that call. Only thing I know for sure, I will not be balancing those fans ever again!

ajbrown
09-13-2013, 03:48 PM
Boy I hope you took her out to dinner :icon_hungry: after asking her to climb those monkey bars.

I've done that in my house in NY......oooh fun.

Just think the most you'll need here is one section:shrug:

She earns it every day! The reasons she did the cleaning was logical:
my definition of clean and hers do not line up.

Yes, no more staging when in TV, where a man can do manly household chores with a step ladder :thumbup:

goldendog
09-14-2013, 12:05 PM
That is a great woman you got there AJ; you better treat her right!

senior citizen
09-16-2013, 09:25 AM

six cross braces

When you are all finished and rested up......come and help my husband declutter his garage and his shed. Thanks.