PDA

View Full Version : If I got a tattoo _____________________.

kittygilchrist
09-15-2013, 06:58 AM
If you got a tattoo...fill in the blank...
This subject came up off topic in another thread, big surprise, and I'm thinking about it....
If I got a tattoo, I'd get a butterfly on my shoulder....or maybe a dragon.
If you got a tattoo???

RETIREDSFW
09-15-2013, 07:27 AM
No way---don't like unnecessary pain.

Taltarzac725
09-15-2013, 07:29 AM
I like to donate blood and believe that getting a tattoo puts a one year hold on donating. http://tattoo.about.com/cs/articles/a/blood_donation.htm

Under a new Florida law its is only 4 months if the tattoo was done in a licensed tattoo parlor. http://www.oneblood.org/target-your-type/blood-donor-basics.stml

•If you received a tattoo at a licensed and regulated facility in Florida after January 1, 2013, or in another state with licensed and regulated facilities, you are eligible to donate after 4 months. If you received a tattoo in Florida before January 1, 2013, or in an unlicensed facility, you are eligible to donate after 12 months.

NH to Fl
09-15-2013, 07:31 AM
I like the butterfly.

Patty55
09-15-2013, 07:38 AM
I kind of like the white ones, they look like lace.

If I were going to do one I would do an ankle bracelet.

KARENNN
09-15-2013, 07:38 AM
Two paw prints, one for each dog that I have had

Patty55
09-15-2013, 07:45 AM
Two paw prints, one for each dog that I have had

A friend of mine did that, put their paw prints over her heart.

CFrance
09-15-2013, 07:53 AM
Anthony Bourdain's shoulder tattoo is The Ouroboros or Uroboros[a] an ancient symbol depicting a serpent or dragon eating its own tail.

The Ouroboros often symbolize self-reflexivity or cyclicality, especially in the sense of something constantly re-creating itself, the eternal return.

His is black. Now that I see it up close, I probably wouldn't choose it. Like it on him, though.

OCsun
09-15-2013, 08:56 AM
It would be my Florida phone number on the palm of my hand. I had the same phone number for forty years before moving to TV and my brain just can't get past the new area code. :)

Lbmb24101
09-15-2013, 09:14 AM
I would not inflict pain and risk on purpose

However, I would like to understand the why people do tattoes on themselves.

Besides a way to express yourself, your individuality, what other reasons are there??

Several in the younger generation in our family have tattoes and I would like to understand them, if possible.

Dr Winston O Boogie jr
09-15-2013, 09:45 AM
If I got a tattoo it would say, "I hate tattoos and I don't understand the fascination with them."

gomoho
09-15-2013, 10:02 AM
My daughter has her master's degree in clinical psychology and is pretty tatted up - good thing she chose that field where they are readily accepted. Hers all tell a story or
symbolize an important event in her life. She works with under privledged youth and
they are of course curious. Her left sleeve tells a story of Buddhism which opens the door for conversation of all sorts. I was shocked when she first did this, but they have actually served her well.

If I ever had the guts to go through that pain mine would be a hummingbird although I love the idea of paw prints on my heart.

Patty55
09-15-2013, 10:14 AM
I think if you do it make sure of the spelling. My sister had a guy painting her house who had a "Led Zepelin" tattoo. Somewhere along the way I guess he realized he was short a "p" so he put one of those caret things and inserted it on top.

Diva Kay
09-15-2013, 10:33 AM
A butterfly on the back becomes a buzzard in the crack when old age sets in. LOL

Applepie
09-15-2013, 10:54 AM
I already have 3 butterflies tattooed on my left shoulder. I got them to mark my 60th birthday 10 years ago. I love them!!

DougB
09-15-2013, 10:59 AM
A butterfly on the back becomes a buzzard in the crack when old age sets in. LOL

I saw a butterfly in my backyard that had a tattoo of a fairly large woman on it's wing!

deltaguy
09-15-2013, 11:00 AM
This subject came up off topic in another thread, big surprise, and I'm thinking about it....
If you got a tattoo???

If it was intended that people had tattoos they would have been born with them.

Pepperhead
09-15-2013, 11:01 AM
If I got a tatoo, it would be one to cover up the fifty year old one I already have. It used to look like a rose until the canvas stretched.

graciegirl
09-15-2013, 11:08 AM
I do not like tattoos.

On female people.

If you are a sailor YES.

If we all liked the same thing they would run out of Publix Premium brand Rum Raisin Ice Cream.

DougB
09-15-2013, 11:11 AM
I do not like tattoos.

On female people.

If you are a sailor YES.

If we all liked the same thing they would run out of Publix Premium brand Rum Raisin Ice Cream.

If you ate a whole gallon at one time of that Rum Raisin, you may get Breyer's remorse.

patfla06
09-15-2013, 11:14 AM
Don't like them and never will.

DandyGirl
09-15-2013, 11:43 AM
I saw a butterfly in my backyard that had a tattoo of a fairly large woman on it's wing!

:1rotfl:

CFrance
09-15-2013, 11:49 AM

That butterfly was past middle age. the large woman used to be a pinup girl.

DougB
09-15-2013, 12:03 PM
That butterfly was past middle age. the large woman used to be a pinup girl.

Now that you say that, it did kind of resemble Delta Burke

graciegirl
09-15-2013, 12:12 PM

I am crazy about you dougb. Tell Pammy to be very worried.

stroglass
09-15-2013, 01:36 PM
I checked this off my bucket list this year butterfly to my right chest love it but that will be the last one

billethkid
09-15-2013, 01:38 PM
if I ever was tempted (and I will never be) I would get an eyeball done on my thumb and the drive everybody nuts when it looks like I am watching them with three....and one does not have to stoop to look in a keyhole (oh that was for having a real third eye on the thumb).:D

btk

glgene
09-15-2013, 01:52 PM

If I got a tattoo, Kathy would shoot me (and ask questions later).

Gene

ilovetv
09-15-2013, 01:55 PM
Liking needles that much is incomprehensible to me.

And so is taking on the unnecessary risk of getting deadly infections such as hepatitis, staph, MRSA, and more, from the ink and other possibilities:

Infected tattoo outbreak traced to ink - CBS News (http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-204_162-57498697/infected-tattoo-outbreak-traced-to-ink/)

CFrance
09-15-2013, 02:54 PM

:1rotfl::1rotfl:

rubicon
09-15-2013, 03:06 PM
It use to be that a curiosity at a carnival side show was the tattoo man. today it is a common occurrence on any street in the USA

Two things immediately turn me off when it comes to women, if they smoke or if they have tattoos. Please understand that I am not biased and I would have said men too except I am not attracted to men and so that issue is moot

redwitch
09-15-2013, 03:07 PM
If I got a tat ... the shock would kill anyone who really knew me.

Patty55
09-15-2013, 03:19 PM
I would never actually get one, afraid I'd regret it when I got old.

DougB
09-15-2013, 03:39 PM
I would never actually get one, afraid I'd regret it when I got old.

When I was young I used to date women with tattoos. Best kind of woman to date was those that would do anything first and regret it later.

graciegirl
09-15-2013, 03:42 PM
When I was young I used to date women with tattoos. Best kind of woman to date was those that would do anything first and regret it later.

Doug. Doug. Doug.

Serenoa
09-15-2013, 04:16 PM
If I were younger & in medical school I would strive to become a dermatologist specializing in laser tattoo removal.

Something tells me they'll be in high demand once the tattoo fad wears off in a few years.

Schaumburger
09-15-2013, 04:42 PM
If I were younger & in medical school I would strive to become a dermatologist specializing in laser tattoo removal.

Something tells me they'll be in high demand once the tattoo fad wears off in a few years.

A former coworker got a small tattoo on her calf when she was in her early 20's. Once she became a mom with 2 little girls she regretted getting it, but she couldn't afford to have it removed. Her daughters were constantly asking her when they could get a tattoo.

I have advised my 19 year old and 22 year old nieces to think about where they get tattoos should they decide to get one (or more than one). There is still bias in more conservative career paths to those who have tattoos that are easily seen (lower arms, neck, etc.).

the square
09-15-2013, 04:47 PM
I'd get recommendations for some good ink shops in the area. Do the same as if you were hiring any other tradesman..

PammyJ
09-15-2013, 04:51 PM
Doug. Doug. Doug.

Wait for it..... Doug will be revealing his tattoo that he got for his birthday last year. Stay tuned! He told me to post this, he is driving!

Halle
09-15-2013, 04:53 PM
If I were to get a tattoo there would have to be a really good story to go with it and being a Sailor I have some really good stories but no tattoo. :D

My husband has several and it is a really good story unfortunately it is the same story repeated several times.

Vietnam War, 19 year old Sailor, Liberty in Hong Kong, Pinky's Tattoo Parlour, free beer with tattoo.

:beer3::beer3::beer3::beer3::beer3:

USSGompers
09-15-2013, 04:56 PM
When my girlfriend and I were 22, she got a small 'cream puff' tattooed on her back shoulder.

Now almost 40 yrs later when she wears a sleeveless shirt, strangers will comment that the mole on her shoulder looks like melanoma and she should have it checked out.

maddie101
09-15-2013, 05:09 PM
A former coworker got a small tattoo on her calf when she was in her early 20's. Once she became a mom with 2 little girls she regretted getting it, but she couldn't afford to have it removed. Her daughters were constantly asking her when they could get a tattoo.

I have advised my 19 year old and 22 year old nieces to think about where they get tattoos should they decide to get one (or more than one). There is still bias in more conservative career paths to those who have tattoos that are easily seen (lower arms, neck, etc.).

My daughter got a very small flower tattoo near her ankle when she was in college. As soon as she hit the work force she regretted it. 900.00 later it is ALMOST removed. The green ink is stubborn. Very expensive for removal. Good advice for your nieces.

CFrance
09-15-2013, 05:22 PM

Our niece (architect) got her naval pierced her senior year in college. Her father was furious. "You are closing doors on job possibilities!" he said.

We were all, like, "Wha...??? She gonna interview in a bikini?"

gomoho
09-15-2013, 05:39 PM
Dogs don't care if you have a tattoo, but they might poop on your neighbor's lawn! :boom:

swimdawg
09-15-2013, 07:10 PM
If you got a tattoo???

I'd nix the dragon, Kitty!

My story. I am really not a "tattoo gal". BUT I was born on St Pat's Day and I gave careful thought about getting a tattoo....a little shamrock on my ankle. My brother came to town for my 60th birthday and was shocked when he asked me what I wanted for my Big 60 BD present & I told him that I wanted a tattoo. His son was also born on St. Pat's Day...so he "got it". Everyone...friends and relatives...wanted to be there for"Karen's 60th BD tattoo". It's a tiny thing...about half an inch...kinda cute. No one could see the end result because the area was bandaged ....so it was covered. The following Thursday was "The Unveiling of Karen's Tattoo Party".

My aunt is in a nursing home....and they had a carnival that Thursday before "The Tattoo Unveiling". They had a face painter for the kids. Hmmmm.......the wheels started turning. I got in line with all the little ones and when it was my turn, I asked the face painter to paint a HUGE shamrock on my OTHER ankle. I told her the story of my 'tattoo unveiling party" and she painted a huge shamrock on my other ankle. The rest is history. The relatives and friends could hardly wait for the "unveiling".....& when I showed them the HUGE SHAMROCK, they were all shocked. I waited a couple minutes before I showed them the REAL tattoo.

If you're thinking of getting a tattoo, realize that you'll have it forever. You can change your mind but it's not a piece of cake. I worked in the medical field and we had patients who went through a lot physically, mentally and financially...to have the tattoos removed.

BTW....This year I turned 70. Would you like to see my huge 70th BD tattoo???
And just wait 'til my 80th!!!! :)

DougB
09-15-2013, 07:19 PM
If I were to get a tattoo it would look like this. In fact it does. Had this inked on last year. Its my 1976 Les Paul Deluxe and my wife's name. Have to warn you, they are addictive. Hard to stop at one.

DougB
09-15-2013, 07:25 PM
Our niece (architect) got her naval pierced her senior year in college. Her father was furious. "You are closing doors on job possibilities!" he said.

We were all, like, "Wha...??? She gonna interview in a bikini?"

I thought about getting my naval pierced, but then again if I can't look down and see it, why should anyone else.

CFrance
09-15-2013, 07:29 PM
I'd nix the dragon, Kitty!

My story. I am really not a "tattoo gal". BUT I was born on St Pat's Day and I gave careful thought about getting a tattoo....a little shamrock on my ankle. My brother came to town for my 60th birthday and was shocked when he asked me what I wanted for my Big 60 BD present & I told him that I wanted a tattoo. His son was also born on St. Pat's Day...so he "got it". Everyone...friends and relatives...wanted to be there for"Karen's 60th BD tattoo". It's a tiny thing...about half an inch...kinda cute. No one could see the end result because the area was bandaged ....so it was covered. The following Thursday was "The Unveiling of Karen's Tattoo Party".

My aunt is in a nursing home....and they had a carnival that Thursday before "The Tattoo Unveiling". They had a face painter for the kids. Hmmmm.......the wheels started turning. I got in line with all the little ones and when it was my turn, I asked the face painter to paint a HUGE shamrock on my OTHER ankle. I told her the story of my 'tattoo unveiling party" and she painted a huge shamrock on my other ankle. The rest is history. The relatives and friends could hardly wait for the "unveiling".....& when I showed them the HUGE SHAMROCK, they were all shocked. I waited a couple minutes before I showed them the REAL tattoo.

If you're thinking of getting a tattoo, realize that you'll have it forever. You can change your mind but it's not a piece of cake. I worked in the medical field and we had patients who went through a lot physically, mentally and financially...to have the tattoos removed.

BTW....This year I turned 70. Would you like to see my huge 70th BD tattoo???
And just wait 'til my 80th!!!! :)

That' a fantastic memory/story, swimdawg. Thanks for sharing.:MOJE_whot:

CFrance
09-15-2013, 07:34 PM
I thought about getting my naval pierced, but then again if I can't look down and see it, why should anyone else.

Well. I'm thinking it would lead the way...

kittygilchrist
09-15-2013, 07:44 PM
If I were to get a tattoo it would look like this. In fact it does. Had this inked on last year. Its my 1976 Les Paul Deluxe and my wife's name. Have to warn you, they are addictive. Hard to stop at one.

:mademyday:finally, the wait is over. I been waitin so long for the Doug tat. My son has my mother's initials among other things. I never knew how close he felt to his gmo...lucky both of YOU finding each other in true love.

CFrance
09-15-2013, 08:05 PM
My father had a tattoo. He was from a family of Rolls-Royce dealers in Philadelphia who lost everything in the depression. He went to Valley Forge Military Academy, then to Johns Hopkins. The tattoo was an anchor on his upper arm. He was never in the military. We kids never thought much about it at the time, would only see it in the summer. But now I wonder about its story.

DougB
09-15-2013, 08:06 PM
:mademyday:finally, the wait is over. I been waitin so long for the Doug tat. My son has my mother's initials among other things. I never knew how close he felt to his gmo...lucky both of YOU finding each other in true love.

Yep, I love that ol' guitar!

kittygilchrist
09-15-2013, 08:14 PM
roflol...doug, oh doug. hahahaha.
one of a kind.....LOL....

CFrance
09-15-2013, 08:16 PM

Luv your guitar. Used to play a Martin in college. Unfortunately, it was someone else's. sigh...

Didiwinbob
09-15-2013, 08:20 PM
I recently had "Diabetic" with the medical symbol tattooed on the underside is my right wrist. I have never complied with wearing the medical bracelets and necklaces. I also have the outline of a Shar Pei on my ankle ( as I grow older and develop "kankles" the Shar Pei will look more realistic. If I were to have another it would be one small dog's paw of each of my canine companions around my Pei tattoohttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/09/16/2umyza5a.jpg

TrudyM
09-15-2013, 08:31 PM
I have thought of having the acupressure spots that relieve my pain tattooed with a small star or something so I could find the right spot quick and easy without the acupressure person and hubby could press on the spots that are on my shoulder and I can't reach. She circles the spots with a sharpie when I go but they don't stay long.

Barefoot
09-15-2013, 11:43 PM
Either a butterfly or dolphin on my shoulder. Or a bracelet around one wrist.

BarryRX
09-16-2013, 09:32 AM
My older sister had a dove tattooed on her arm with the word "love" under it when she was 18. Now it's a pterodactyl and it says "loooooove". But seriously, the only difference between people with tats and those without is that people with tats don't look down on us we because we don't have them.

graciegirl
09-16-2013, 09:35 AM
My older sister had a dove tattooed on her arm with the word "love" under it when she was 18. Now it's a pterodactyl and it says "loooooove". But seriously, the only difference between people with tats and those without is that people with tats don't look down on us we because we don't have them.

Tell THAT to MY maternal ancestors.

uh huh.

I barely got away with piercing my ears.

Me and Martha Washington went together. George was ****ed.

CFrance
09-16-2013, 11:08 AM

uh huh.

I wasn't allowed to wear bell bottoms. In college! I was five states away! (On purpose)

Barefoot
09-16-2013, 11:53 AM
If you ate a whole gallon at one time of that Rum Raisin, you may get Breyer's remorse.

Doug, you never disappoint. :clap2:

Barefoot
09-16-2013, 12:08 PM
Apparently women over 40 are the fastest growing demographic for tattoos. Presumably these women gets small, tasteful tattoos in areas that don't sag too much. I doubt they're getting tramp stamps!

Once tattoos were just for sailors on leave. Now they're main stream. I would personally love to get a tatt, but I'm chicken ... afraid of blood diseases and pain. Otherwise I'd be out getting that butterfly tattoo on my shoulder.

graciegirl
09-16-2013, 02:23 PM
Apparently women over 40 are the fastest growing demographic for tattoos. Presumably these women gets small, tasteful tattoos in areas that don't sag too much. I doubt they're getting tramp stamps!

Once tattoos were just for sailors on leave. Now they're main stream. I would personally love to get a tatt, but I'm chicken ... afraid of blood diseases and pain. Otherwise I'd be out getting that butterfly tattoo on my shoulder.

Think about it a little longer Bare. But if you were completely covered, I would still just think the world of you.

http://s1.static.gotsmile.net/images/2010/10/07/too_many_tattoos.jpg_1286407665.jpg

Barefoot
09-16-2013, 03:20 PM
Think about it a little longer Bare. But if you were completely covered, I would still just think the world of you.

http://s1.static.gotsmile.net/images/2010/10/07/too_many_tattoos.jpg_1286407665.jpg

OK Gracie, where did you get the picture of me, and how long did it take you to do all the coloring?

I think you feel the same way about tatts that I feel about face piercing ... truly horrible. I don't know where you find these pictures, but that was not quite what I meant by a small, tasteful tattoo! :D I was thinking one inch square, not five feet tall! Anyway, I think I've passed "my best before date" for risky behavior. I don't think I'd ever be sure the Tattoo Parlour was clean enough.

graciegirl
09-16-2013, 03:23 PM
[QUOTE=Barefoot;746843]OK Gracie, where did you get the picture of me, and how long did it take you to do all the coloring?

I think you feel the same way about tatts that I feel about face piercing ... truly horrible. I don't know where you find these pictures, but that was not quite what I meant by a small, tasteful tattoo! :D I was thinking one inch square, not five feet tall! Anyway, I think I've passed "my best before date" for risky behavior. I don't think I'd ever be sure the Tattoo Parlour

BARE! You are one of the loveliest women to reside in this place. And we have some beautiful girls here.

I can't resist having a little fun.

Patty55
09-16-2013, 09:51 PM

Anybody remember from the 60's the outfits where the turtleneck top matched the tights? (Mine was green plaid-LOL) You wore them with a short mini-skirt. Looked kind of like GG's photo-minus the sagging-LOL.

CFrance
09-16-2013, 09:54 PM

Wow, the shoes kinda clash.

SouthOfTheBorder
09-17-2013, 08:18 PM
I have enjoyed the exchanges in this thread...... thanks to all of you.

So I would like to, in my small way, contribute to the fledgling "TV Tats Coming Out" movement. :laugh:

Who knows, others also may want to share their body art, or may even decide to become part of the dark side . :thumbup:

This was done 14 years ago, not long after my 61st birthday.

Let's not let age get in the way of expressing ourselves in whatever way we choose.

Don

buggyone
09-17-2013, 09:01 PM
Strangest tattoo I ever saw was a few years ago while at a baseball game (Bowie Baysox). Anyone know where that would be?

Anyhow, a young guy in his late 20's or so had a tattoo on the calf of his leg that pretty much covered the whole calf. It was the Tasmanian Devil cartoon character with a butcher knife holding Bugs Bunny's decapitated head that was dripping blood. Oh yeah, it was in full color. I bet his Mom was proud of her son.

DougB
09-17-2013, 09:33 PM
Strangest tattoo I ever saw was a few years ago while at a baseball game (Bowie Baysox). Anyone know where that would be?

Bowie, Maryland

CFrance
09-17-2013, 09:35 PM
Bowie, Maryland

You googled that. Beat me out.

CFrance
09-17-2013, 09:39 PM

So I would like to, in my small way, contribute to the fledgling "TV Tats Coming Out" movement. :laugh:

Who knows, others also may want to share their body art, or may even decide to become part of the dark side . :thumbup:

Let's not let age get in the way of expressing ourselves in whatever way we choose.

Don

That's actually quite beautiful, south. :thumbup:

Schaumburger
09-17-2013, 11:22 PM

uh huh.

When I was about 10 or 11, I begged my mom to let me wear blue jeans. Her answer was "When I was your age, only poor people wore blue jeans." I then asked her if she voted for Abe Lincoln for president. Then I was grounded for one week. :(

When I was 13, I begged my mom to let me get my ears pierced. Her answer was "If God had wanted you to have holes in you ear lobes, he would have put them there." It took me about 6 months, but I finally wore her down, and I was able to get my ears pierced. :). Of course my younger sisters did not have to go through this drama.

When I was 25, my roommate and I committed the ultimate act of rebellion -- we both got our ears pierced for a second time. We certainly lived on the edge, LOL.

Barefoot
09-17-2013, 11:42 PM
When I was 25, my roommate and I committed the ultimate act of rebellion -- we both got our ears pierced for a second time. We certainly lived on the edge, LOL.

That is so funny! I felt the same way when I got my ears pierced for the second time, I thought I was really pushing the envelope!

senior citizen
09-18-2013, 04:47 AM
Liking needles that much is incomprehensible to me.

And so is taking on the unnecessary risk of getting deadly infections such as hepatitis, staph, MRSA, and more, from the ink and other possibilities:

Infected tattoo outbreak traced to ink - CBS News (http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-204_162-57498697/infected-tattoo-outbreak-traced-to-ink/)

EXCELLENT POST. I was thinking the same exact thing........

Thanks for saying it first.

Baileysmom
09-21-2013, 11:08 PM

I love it Doug, a wonderful tribute to 2 beautiful and important things in your life. :) :BigApplause:

thgsinc
12-08-2013, 09:53 AM
Where would one go around here?

skyguy79
12-08-2013, 10:35 AM
Gotta get me one of these to die for money making tattoos! :D

http://25.media.tumblr.com/vVmbDWseNm6unpdvB7ECR71oo1_500.jpg

mac9
12-08-2013, 01:03 PM
When I was in my 20's, I so wanted a rose tattoo on my left breast. I never did it and am now glad because that cute little rose would now be a l...o...n...g...
stemmed rose!
However, am now considering a rose bracelet tat with a string of roses to my middle finger and a rose ring. At least at this age, I wouldn't have to worry about any ore sagging!

2BNTV
12-08-2013, 01:06 PM
I think to each his/her own, in the wanting of a tatoo.

For me, I never had one and never will.

My son's grandmother took care of that situation by making it very clear she didn't want him to have log hair, (unkempt in her opinion), and defintely, No tatoo's.

So far, it has worked spendidly. :smiley:

I always smile when a person puts a beloved's name on their arm, (other than Mom), and they wind up getting a divorce. Two very painful reminders. :D

travelguy
12-08-2013, 09:38 PM
I do not understand why anyone would want to get a tattoo. It is so permanent; even marriage is not that permanent.
and both my kids have tattoos, and multiple piercings. just do not understand it.
i suppose as long as they keep them covered up i won't have to look at it. and please don't come to the dinner table with a ring in your nose.

getdul981
12-08-2013, 09:54 PM
I have never had any desire whatsoever for a tatoo. The girl that used to cut my hair hair had a tatoo and she told me something that I have thought was just outstanding as far as why people should not get one. She said that a friend of hers asked her why she would put a bumper sticker on a Lamborhini? Pretty good analogy I think.

Richard1366
12-09-2013, 09:54 AM
Make sure that your Depends will cover it up...

Ecuadog
12-09-2013, 11:27 AM
I once knew a girl that was so flat-chested, she had her chest tattooed with "In case of sex... this side up."

Cedwards38
12-09-2013, 11:47 AM
If it was intended that people had tattoos they would have been born with them.

Does that same rule also apply to clothing?:laugh:

red tail
12-09-2013, 11:54 AM
my son put the ralph lauren polo horse on his left breast in the same spot it is on a shirt. so when he has his shirt off you see it.he and all his buddies did it when they were young. still looks pretty cool!

jblum315
12-09-2013, 12:47 PM
A tattoo on a pretty woman is like a bumper sticker on a Lamborghini.

rubicon
12-09-2013, 01:04 PM
I do not understand why anyone would want to get a tattoo. It is so permanent; even marriage is not that permanent.
and both my kids have tattoos, and multiple piercings. just do not understand it.
i suppose as long as they keep them covered up i won't have to look at it. and please don't come to the dinner table with a ring in your nose.

Even marriage is not that permanent"" Til death do us part. Hmmmmmmmmm. I have my hands mid-level palms up acting as a scale marriage, tattoo, marriage tattoo, .....................................

thgsinc
12-14-2013, 04:00 PM
Where did you go

lovsthosebigdogs
12-15-2013, 02:18 PM
This thread has really given me a lot of laughs; thanks everyone. So many funny, clever TV people. In my family the only one to ever have a tattoo has been the greyhounds and I know they were sorry they had numbers in their ears and not MOM instead.

kittygilchrist
12-15-2013, 02:30 PM
I so love that. you should give them MOM rhinestone collars for Christmas. we gotta meet each other!

dotti105
12-15-2013, 02:38 PM

That's a good one!!! Laughed out loud!! Thanks!

CFrance
12-15-2013, 02:46 PM
Where did you go

If you are really interested, I know of a place that several people recommend as very clean and professional. It doesn't have a name. It just says Tattoos on the store front. It's in a strip mall on a highway. I would email a friend to find out which highway.

dotti105
12-15-2013, 02:48 PM

Don

Very nice Don!!
We have 2 SILS who have multiple tats. They are in their 40's now and do not regret it a bit.

Our son has full legs and not quite full sleeves. He hasn't added any for a while. I am hoping he is done. He teaches Sunday School and when in shirt and tie, nothing shows. Which is nice, because some people do really make judgements that are very outdated regarding people with tats.

Yours looks great!!!!!

kittygilchrist
12-15-2013, 03:38 PM
Still lusting after football players with tats. Hopeless but for the grace of God..
K.

CFrance
12-15-2013, 03:40 PM
Still lusting after football players with tats. Hopeless but for the grace of God..
K.

I am actually starting to like their arm tats... on them, not moi!

BritParrothead
12-16-2013, 11:47 AM
If I got a tattoo?? it would be on my husband! :thumbup:
I am too big a wuss.
Our friends in Orlando have a tat parlour, Stigma Tattoo Bar and keep asking when we are coming in for our tats :)

lhasalady
12-16-2013, 09:04 PM
I got a tattoo a few weeks ago right before I moved to TV in memory of my late husband. It hurt but not too much.

I'm now a villager but still settling in. Unpacking and more unpacking.

kittygilchrist
12-16-2013, 09:49 PM
I got a tattoo a few weeks ago right before I moved to TV in memory of my late husband. It hurt but not too much.

I'm now a villager but still settling in. Unpacking and more unpacking.

Single friends here...Pm me if you want to join us for celebrating the holidays. and so I can be on topic, it's a great tribute to etch someone into your skin.

bxmt54
12-16-2013, 11:07 PM
An angel on my shoulder for good luck

JP
12-17-2013, 09:57 PM
K.

Yeah, I feel the same way about the beach volleyball girls. LOL