PDA

View Full Version : Miss America

buggyone
09-16-2013, 07:53 AM
Isn't the new Miss America, Nina Davuluri, just beautiful - and a shining example of the melting pot our great country is? Her Bollywood style dance was very impressive and was so much more impressive than the tired baton twirling done by others.

The new Miss America says she want to become a doctor.

quirky3
09-16-2013, 08:40 AM
I agree, Buggyone!:clap2:

graciegirl
09-16-2013, 08:46 AM
Was it Miss New York that was on the news a few days ago that said that last year's Miss America was FAT?

That wasn't nice.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2419978/Miss-New-York-caught-calling-Miss-America-fat-expletive-month-gave-interview-detailing-60-pounds-gained-college.html

quirky3
09-16-2013, 09:05 AM
There are differing stories in the press. Here is a quote from the Miss America organization and a link to the source article.

"The situation was investigated fully back in July and there is no validity to the story whatsoever," a rep for Miss America told the NY Post.

Miss New York Nina Davuluri denies calling Miss America Mallory Hagan 'fat' | syracuse.com (http://www.syracuse.com/entertainment/index.ssf/2013/09/miss_america_fat_nina_davuluri_mallory_hagan_new_y ork.html)

graciegirl
09-16-2013, 09:08 AM
There are differing stories in the press. Here is a quote from the Miss America organization and a link to the source article.

"The situation was investigated fully back in July and there is no validity to the story whatsoever," a rep for Miss America told the NY Post.

Miss New York Nina Davuluri denies calling Miss America Mallory Hagan 'fat' | syracuse.com (http://www.syracuse.com/entertainment/index.ssf/2013/09/miss_america_fat_nina_davuluri_mallory_hagan_new_y ork.html)

Glad to hear that was cleared up.

Not big on beauty pageants. Don't know why, but she is absolutely beautiful and sounds smart too.

blueash
09-16-2013, 09:27 AM
I just checked my home page which is google news. The story regarding the selection of the new Miss America has apparently been hacked by someone either tampering with google news or the original material on USA TODAY's website. I offer this screenshot snip of the sentence as evidence of the vile which her selection has unleashed. There are sadly lots of stories about racist tweets erupting with the expected Why didn't they pick a real American theme and accusing her of being somehow an Arab as if that equates to terrorist.

graciegirl
09-16-2013, 09:32 AM
I just checked my home page which is google news. The story regarding the selection of the new Miss America has apparently been hacked by someone either tampering with google news or the original material on USA TODAY's website. I offer this screenshot snip of the sentence as evidence of the vile which her selection has unleashed. There are sadly lots of stories about racist tweets erupting with the expected Why didn't they pick a real American theme and accusing her of being somehow an Arab as if that equates to terrorist.

I can't believe anyone would have a drop of trouble with her ethnicity.

Most of my East Indian friends are peaceful agnostics. And some of them have both beautiful and smart pretty much cornered.

There is so much dumb stuff going on and mean stuff too.

In fact I was surprised that any of us would give a second thought to anything but her looks and talent. What does color of skin or country of origin have to do with anything? Is she not an American?

susiejwill
09-16-2013, 12:01 PM
Is she tatted? I didn't watch the pageant, but beforehand they had a program showing many of the girls' tats. Just asking as tats were an item of interest here last week.

ilovetv
09-16-2013, 12:15 PM

Tweeting is for twits, lacking initiative and know-how to form a complete sentence.

buggyone
09-16-2013, 07:37 PM
Is she tatted? I didn't watch the pageant, but beforehand they had a program showing many of the girls' tats. Just asking as tats were an item of interest here last week.

Miss Iowa had large tattoos on her side. She was only one I noticed with a tattoo.

blueash
09-16-2013, 08:01 PM
Tweeting is for twits, lacking initiative and know-how to form a complete sentence.

Not a tweet. It is a screenshot of a USA TODAY story as reported on Google News. All complete sentences <g>. It reveals a racist message which I hope was not in the original USA TODAY story. I think many lovely poems lack complete sentences.

wendyquat
09-16-2013, 10:30 PM
Miss Iowa had large tattoos on her side. She was only one I noticed with a tattoo.

I believe that was Miss Kansas although Iowa may have had one also!