PDA

View Full Version : FORTE!!!! please vote now!!

borjo
09-17-2013, 10:04 PM
America's Got Talent finalists are Forte a group of 3 tenors singing opera. Just so happens one of them is from Belleview and often sings at The Villages. Please go to NBC.com now and put in your 10 votes for these fine young men. I think you have plenty of time to vote, winner announced tomorrow.

bogeybabe
09-17-2013, 10:05 PM
america's got talent finalists are forte a group of 3 tenors singing opera. Just so happens one of them is from belleview and often sings at the villages. Please go to nbc.com now and put in your 10 votes for these fine young men. I think you have plenty of time to vote, winner announced tomorrow.
done!!!!!

Xavier
09-17-2013, 10:25 PM
Me too!

Xavier

OurHappyHome
09-17-2013, 10:30 PM
They are great, I hope all 3 can come here and sing

buzzy
09-17-2013, 10:31 PM
10 votes here

Carla B
09-17-2013, 10:54 PM
Here too!

Monkei
09-18-2013, 04:10 AM
The good thing here is you are not just voting because he is a local boy with village ties, but they really are very good and have been the best talent every show in which they sang in.

Villageswimmer
09-18-2013, 05:13 AM
They are truly amazing. Please vote!

jojo
09-18-2013, 06:47 AM
They deserve to win. There was a lot of good talent but they were by far the best. I voted my e-mail block. I actually got "goosebumps" watching them. Love the way they solo and then blend those magnificent voices. Great choice of songs too.

Happinow
09-18-2013, 07:08 AM
Voted last night....ten votes! They should be very proud, whatever the outcome.

Russ_Boston
09-18-2013, 08:03 AM
I know I'm always debbie-downer but they are basically tenor opera style singers. Great? sure. Worthy of a year contract in Vegas? Doubt it. There isn't much room for this style on a national level. Sure you have a couple (Groban, Bocellli etc.) but it's real tough to make a strong show that would appeal to the limited audience for this music. Singers from the other shows (Idol, Voice etc.) have a chance due to the millions of people who listen to current pop music. Operatic style is too limited for a mass appeal.

Just my 2c.

But they were great last night.

Monkei
09-18-2013, 08:34 AM
I was trying to compare them to the other acts. First Forte was flawless and have been every time including last night, the magicians tricks were pretty lame. Te first trick I figured out after I watched it again. Check how he deals and picks the second card for Heidi. He needs a lot of work and is too green to have an overall act.

The oriental dancer was amazing the first few times you saw him. But last night he just about showed you in his second performance that he is running empty now.

The country guy? Just another country guy. These guys always get into the finals and I can remember one guy winning, the chicken farmer guy, who was just a terrible country singer. This guy is good and he has the look which is the most important ingredient in country these days.

Camy is a great looking girl with a nice voice. She might win.

The comedian is not funny. Not being funny as a comedian is a bad flaw.

Well just my two cents. Forte has been amazing each and every week they could not do anything else to improve their performances.

Russ_Boston
09-18-2013, 08:58 AM
I was trying to compare them to the other acts. First Forte was flawless and have been every time including last night, the magicians tricks were pretty lame. Te first trick I figured out after I watched it again. Check how he deals and picks the second card for Heidi. He needs a lot of work and is too green to have an overall act.

The oriental dancer was amazing the first few times you saw him. But last night he just about showed you in his second performance that he is running empty now.

The country guy? Just another country guy. These guys always get into the finals and I can remember one guy winning, the chicken farmer guy, who was just a terrible country singer. This guy is good and he has the look which is the most important ingredient in country these days.

Camy is a great looking girl with a nice voice. She might win.

The comedian is not funny. Not being funny as a comedian is a bad flaw.

Well just my two cents. Forte has been amazing each and every week they could not do anything else to improve their performances.

First of all - this is 2013 - we don't use the phrase 'oriental' any longer.

But I can see that guy producing a watchable 1 hour act in Vegas. He has lots of imagination and he would have the resources to produce something more stunning in that environment.

I do see the others having limited appeal. The magician was relatively lame IMHO. The country guy has a chance at reaching an audience (especially since he can write his own material).

Bavarian
09-18-2013, 09:07 AM
Voted for Kenchi, Collins Key, and Taylor Williams, in order of appearance.
Used three phone lines, Twitter, and Internet.

Watched all shows this season as usual.

Preferred some of the others but they lost along the way. Hoping for Taylor Williams, My lovely wife prefers Kenechi. Hard choice.

Monkei
09-18-2013, 09:15 AM
First of all - this is 2013 - we don't use the phrase 'oriental' any longer.

But I can see that guy producing a watchable 1 hour act in Vegas. He has lots of imagination and he would have the resources to produce something more stunning in that environment.

I do see the others having limited appeal. The magician was relatively lame IMHO. The country guy has a chance at reaching an audience (especially since he can write his own material).

Thanks for your correcting me. I guess I could have called him Japanese descent and ****ed him off if he was Chinese?

Please give it a break. Oriental I doubt is offensive to anyone, except you? I didn't know else to describe him, I still don't know what he is, a dancer, a production artist ... In any event you knew who I was talking about, so it worked.

Russ_Boston
09-18-2013, 09:44 AM
Thanks for your correcting me. I guess I could have called him Japanese descent and ****ed him off if he was Chinese?

Please give it a break. Oriental I doubt is offensive to anyone, except you? I didn't know else to describe him, I still don't know what he is, a dancer, a production artist ... In any event you knew who I was talking about, so it worked.

You are just SO wrong on many fronts. Why describe his ethnic background at all? But I'll leave it to that.

09-18-2013, 10:01 AM
Let's get back on topic about the performances on AGT and be mindful about comments directed at other members.

Monkei
09-18-2013, 10:19 AM
Let's get back on topic about the performances on AGT and be mindful about comments directed at other members.

Sounds good to me. Forte should win.

raynan
09-18-2013, 10:56 AM

I agree back on topic. Forte is amazing and deserve to win. Logged my 10 votes last night.

shcisamax
09-18-2013, 11:05 AM
I liked Forte and thought they were wonderful throughout.
That said, I think Kenchi is amazing and can put on an entire creative original production. I am not sure what you would call him but I am fascinated each time I watch him design a production using himself.

Bavarian
09-18-2013, 11:25 AM
America's Got Talent finalists are Forte a group of 3 tenors singing opera. Just so happens one of them is from Belleview and often sings at The Villages. Please go to NBC.com now and put in your 10 votes for these fine young men. I think you have plenty of time to vote, winner announced tomorrow.

If one has not watched the programs and seen all the acts, one should not vote.

Villageswimmer
09-18-2013, 11:55 AM
Bogeybabe,
That avatar is beyond precious!! Off topic, but had to say it.

Mudder
09-18-2013, 01:13 PM
I was a little annoyed at Howie Mandel last night, he seemed to be putting the singers including Forte down. It's not a year long contract for Vegas, it's to head a show. Forte can sing Opera, pop songs, ballards, whatever. They got all my votes. Hope Howie didn't influence too many voters. Taylor is not that funny, Kenji has potential. Just my opinions.

Villageswimmer
09-18-2013, 01:36 PM
I was a little annoyed at Howie Mandel last night, he seemed to be putting the singers including Forte down. It's not a year long contract for Vegas, it's to head a show. Forte can sing Opera, pop songs, ballards, whatever. They got all my votes. Hope Howie didn't influence too many voters. Taylor is not that funny, Kenji has potential. Just my opinions.

I was more than a little annoyed at ALL those judges after the first act. I think they intentionally panned Forte to maintain a level of suspense as to who would win. It's got to be Forte. We'll see...

buzzy
09-18-2013, 01:46 PM
I think they should have dumped the judges before some of the acts.

shalabama
09-18-2013, 02:58 PM
I gave Forte 30 phone votes and 10 internet votes. Hope they win in spite of some of the comments about singers made by the judges.

Russ_Boston
09-18-2013, 03:19 PM

Sorry about that - didn't mean to offend just trying to make aware. FYI: not just me that finds it offensive. From Merriam Webster dictionary:

Definition of ORIENTAL - sometimes offensive : Asian (http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/asian);

back to the topic

My take on both Howie's last night - They need to differentiate themselves from the other talent shows that are just singers. They want a diverse act to win. I think they really believe it though.

Polar Bear
09-18-2013, 03:47 PM
I think Forte was great too, but I think Howie made some good points that a lot of people are already thinking about. The productions for singers, dancers and the like are huge. A comedian has to stand there alone and tell jokes. Does almost seem a bit unfair...a bit apples-n-oranges even.

Villageswimmer
09-18-2013, 06:17 PM
I think Forte was great too, but I think Howie made some good points that a lot of people are already thinking about. The productions for singers, dancers and the like are huge. A comedian has to stand there alone and tell jokes. Does almost seem a bit unfair...a bit apples-n-oranges even.

It's a little late in the game to come to this conclusion, don't you think?

The format of the show should not include singers if that is what the judges are thinking. Why invite all talent, including singers, to audition and then criticize the singers because they're singers? Just sayin....

IMHO a show comprised of comedians, magicians, animal acts, and acrobats wouldn't last long. I think I'd enjoy it initially and it would get old quickly. (I will say I loved that act of the young girl dancing with the dog.):o

Maybe that's just me. I see Forte as bringing opera to the masses and I think it's a wonderful thing. There are kids watching that show who may have never seen opera before.

jrandall
09-18-2013, 09:07 PM
Voted my ten votes for them last night.

Marigold
09-18-2013, 09:37 PM
They finished in fourth place. What a great group! Lets see who won.

Villager Dude
09-18-2013, 09:40 PM

Just got booted, not quite fair.

Arubagirl2000
09-18-2013, 10:05 PM
They came in 4th.

USSGompers
09-18-2013, 10:12 PM
They are great. Have a wonderful future ahead of them.

Bavarian
09-18-2013, 10:19 PM
Good results! The top two came in First and Second, My lovely wife and I are happy.
Finally talent other then singers won.

The others can still use this as start of career, most have.

784caroline
09-19-2013, 07:36 AM
Forte will have a very very successful career with the right agent guiding them. Just hope they return to TV every so often to entertain the locals.

The top two acts were by far the most original and creative acts on the show and you cant take that away from them...especially the final winner. The comic I thought had an over-blown ego.

The Magician (even at age 17) can be a name show act TODAY in Las Vegas. Very surprized he was the 2nd to go......and the country singer .....although he deserved to be in the final 6, I thought he was weak in the semi's.

Bavarian
09-19-2013, 08:35 AM
Forte was better early one, but after replacing one singer, they were on a downward slide.

Don't forget if you want to see the top acts live, the show starts in FL beginning of Oct in FL. Go to nbc.com/agt for tickets. They travel the country now, not just Vegas

Monkei
09-19-2013, 10:05 AM
America is a great melting pot. Only in America can you have a show called Americas got talent and only 1 of the 4 judges are actually American. You get a winner who has been in America for 20 years but hardly just discovered. He has won at least 7 times at th Apollo and was grand champion one year ... He is very good and overall probably had the most talent. I am not sure he is an American citizen or not. But it makes no difference.

What a country.

Walt.
09-19-2013, 01:30 PM
Forte will have a very very successful career with the right agent guiding them. Just hope they return to TV every so often to entertain the locals...

The Magician (even at age 17) can be a name show act TODAY in Las Vegas. Very surprized he was the 2nd to go......and the country singer .....although he deserved to be in the final 6, I thought he was weak in the semi's.

Yikes!! I thought the magician was probably the worst act I've seen anywhere in many years (ever?). Can you imagine sitting in Las Vegas and watching this guy for an hour? The only thing disappearing would be the audience.

I think Forte may have screwed themselves up with their final song selection. Not that many people know or appreciate opera... and their choice was not exactly well known. They might have pulled it off with a known song tailored to their talents. "Some Enchanted Evening" or perhaps "The Impossible Dream" come to mind. Anyway... doesn't matter now.

Bavarian
09-19-2013, 02:58 PM
Yikes!! I thought the magician was probably the worst act I've seen anywhere in many years (ever?). Can you imagine sitting in Las Vegas and watching this guy for an hour? The only thing disappearing would be the audience.

I think Forte may have screwed themselves up with their final song selection. Not that many people know or appreciate opera... and their choice was not exactly well known. They might have pulled it off with a known song tailored to their talents. "Some Enchanted Evening" or perhaps "The Impossible Dream" come to mind. Anyway... doesn't matter now.

The magician was very good. And only 17, I would not have been able to perform like he did at 17.

He would now be great as part of a variety show, hone his craft, finish school. All magicians have tricks to get the right result. Saw David Copperfield in Vegas many years ago, saw how he did his tricks, have not seen much from him since.

Russ_Boston
09-19-2013, 06:42 PM
Saw David Copperfield in Vegas many years ago, saw how he did his tricks, have not seen much from him since.

That's because he stays almost entirely in Vegas doing sold out shows every day. Actually that's 2 a day and 3 on Saturday! He's been at the MGM forever it seems.

David Copperfield | VEGAS.com (http://www.vegas.com/shows/magic/david-copperfield-las-vegas/)

I think the right person won AGT. Not sure the comedian deserved 2nd though. He needs a lot more material.

Bavarian
09-20-2013, 09:55 AM
That's because he stays almost entirely in Vegas doing sold out shows every day. Actually that's 2 a day and 3 on Saturday! He's been at the MGM forever it seems.

David Copperfield | VEGAS.com (http://www.vegas.com/shows/magic/david-copperfield-las-vegas/)

I think the right person won AGT. Not sure the comedian deserved 2nd though. He needs a lot more material.

David Copperfield used to do TV Specials, walking through Great Wall, making elephant disappear, those are gone.
I think Taylor on AGT has material, but is limited to the short period allowed. His mannerisms are an act to make one think he does not know much.

Russ_Boston
09-21-2013, 07:01 PM
David Copperfield used to do TV Specials, walking through Great Wall, making elephant disappear, those are gone.
I think Taylor on AGT has material, but is limited to the short period allowed. His mannerisms are an act to make one think he does not know much.

exactly - but that doesn't mean he's faded at all. This happens to many performers (i.e. Celine Dion, Sinatra from the old days and even Elvis to a point). They become so big that they can just stay put in one city, VEGAS, and make all the money they ever dreamed of without all the hassle of travel or doing numerous tv shows. A lot easier life for this level of performer.