PDA

View Full Version : Insurance is close

Golfingnut
09-18-2013, 11:32 AM
Just 12 days and a wake up till even the poor will have health insurance available to them. Thank the pres and God for finally giving pease of mind to those that have been excluded for so long.:swear:

graciegirl
09-18-2013, 11:33 AM
The political forum is NOT dead.

Hang on Snoopy.

Golfingnut
09-18-2013, 11:37 AM
The political forum is NOT dead.

Hang on Snoopy.

Gracie, my daughter that is a leukemia survivor that can't buy health insurance finally getting her chance for a little piece of mind is not political too our family, it's time for joy.

Big O
09-18-2013, 11:39 AM
Don't count your chickens yet.

Golfingnut
09-18-2013, 11:44 AM
Don't count your chickens yet.

I know, I have the checkbook out and ready, but I know their are some that would rather she did not have insurance for fear they would pay a dollar or two more which is a false scare tactic of.

ilovetv
09-18-2013, 11:50 AM
I know, I have the checkbook out and ready, but I know their are some that would rather she did not have insurance for fear they would pay a dollar or two more which is a false scare tactic of.

You don't know everybody's motivations for questioning the fiscal management of this program. To stereotype people who expect the government to not spend more than it has coming in--as we do at home--as "wanting others to suffer" is just plain mean.

I hope it works because I know and am related to quite a few working people who are under- or uninsured. But loopholes like this are just one of the many problems:

Not Qualified For Obamacare's Subsidies? Just Lie -- Govt. To Use 'Honor System' Without Verifying Your Eligibility - Forbes (http://www.forbes.com/sites/theapothecary/2013/07/06/not-qualified-for-obamacares-subsidies-just-lie-govt-to-use-honor-system-without-verifying-your-eligibility/)

TexaninVA
09-18-2013, 11:53 AM
Just 12 days and a wake up till even the poor will have health insurance available to them. Thank the pres and God for finally giving pease of mind to those that have been excluded for so long.:swear:

This is the same debate rekindled ... so I'll pass on getting totally involved except for one question?

Where do you think the (presumably free)money comes from to "give" to someone?

casita37
09-18-2013, 12:32 PM
Gracie, my daughter that is a leukemia survivor that can't buy health insurance finally getting her chance for a little piece of mind is not political too our family, it's time for joy.

I am very happy for your daughter and the many, many others who will benefit from the Affordable Care Act.

Keep in mind we already pay for indigent care, medicaid and other social programs. This way, the person who CAN afford to pay "something" will now start to contribute. Insurance companies will have to be more competitive. It's a win-win!!

Did you all see that in the state of FL it will be more difficult to get information? The trained "navigators" will not be allowed to set up in county health facilities. The state has stated privacy as a concern, but I don't see why there would be any more privacy issues than you talking to your insurance agent....maybe, but only 13 states have a problem with it. Those who are internet savy can find everything they need on government web sites, but those who can't access the net may have to look harder to get correct info.

Whit53
09-18-2013, 01:00 PM
My thought is, one way or another the poor are covered. The difference I see is now they will be able to be seen for preventable care instead of waiting until its an emergency and have to go to the ER and possibly be very ill, which in turn would cost much more more than an office visit.

We will see how it all works out, but from what I see this is a good thing. This is JMHO

Villages PL
09-18-2013, 01:04 PM
Is it still called insurance when it covers pre existing conditions? I would think it would be called welfare.

Is this another welfare program?

mulligan
09-18-2013, 01:37 PM
Nice idea, but at what cost ??

Indydealmaker
09-18-2013, 01:41 PM
I am very happy for your daughter and the many, many others who will benefit from the Affordable Care Act.

Keep in mind we already pay for indigent care, medicaid and other social programs. This way, the person who CAN afford to pay "something" will now start to contribute. Insurance companies will have to be more competitive. It's a win-win!!

Did you all see that in the state of FL it will be more difficult to get information? The trained "navigators" will not be allowed to set up in county health facilities. The state has stated privacy as a concern, but I don't see why there would be any more privacy issues than you talking to your insurance agent....maybe, but only 13 states have a problem with it. Those who are internet savy can find everything they need on government web sites, but those who can't access the net may have to look harder to get correct info.
Would you give your social security number to a "trained" community organizer type? There is no screening for those who are "navigators".

billethkid
09-18-2013, 01:48 PM
Nice idea, but at what cost ??

nobody can answer the question.
They are still reading the bill they passed to see what is in it.

One thing that has been determined is the result/benefit will not be anywhere near what was projected. Nor is the cost of the program, what is known so far is even close to projection.
You will not get to keep your current insurance as promised. Just ask all the folks at IBM and today Walgreens about the insurance they will no longer have as a result of the new health care bill.

Just know that what you have today is the best it will ever be and for sure at the lowest cost. For those of us who expect to remain at parity health care benefits for the future....it is going to cost much, much more.

No one is against the benefit being promised. What most of us are against is the snow job and complete lack of response to what it is going to cost.

btk

Parker
09-18-2013, 02:12 PM
Congress has quietly exempted themselves and some of their favorite supporting groups from the mandatory purchase of this wonderful insurance. It isn't good enough for them.