PDA

View Full Version : Investment property

Reg
09-23-2013, 02:07 PM
We are residents of TV and are looking to purchase another property as an investment. We are questioning the number of rental properties and wonder about the probability of ours being rented enough to break even for the year. We would be financing and would want to cover the mortgage plus expenses. I guess my question is: Should we expect to rent out more than just January thru March given the availability of many other rentals?
Also, is it unrealistic to assume Brownwood would attract rentals as new as it is?

If you have any insight or thoughts on these questions, I'd be interested to hear them.
Thank you
Reg

borjo
09-23-2013, 03:19 PM
Sure you would rent more than January through March. Put it on The Villages 4 Rent, Rentals in The Villages (http://www.thevillages4rent.com) if you want to handle it yourself. We had a rental for 8 years. My thought was to at least break even yearly and make my profit when it sold it higher. I got sick of doing all the work and sold it....lower. However, it did make enough each year to pay my long term care insurance and help out on our tax deductions but we did a lot of the work ourselves, cleaning, trimming etc. A home in Brownwood would rent very well because of the square. You have all thee new people moving in and want their friends to try the area out for a month or too.

njbchbum
09-23-2013, 03:56 PM
my guess is that if the rental is priced correctly - it will rent.

maddie101
09-23-2013, 05:11 PM
It seems there are many homes for the popular months for 2013 - 2014. Usually they would be rented way before now. There appears too be many going for lower prices, too. Now with 2000 more homes being built I would think you need to have appealing lots ( golf course, etc) to stand out from the crowd.

njbchbum
09-23-2013, 06:15 PM
It seems there are many homes for the popular months for 2013 - 2014. Usually they would be rented way before now. There appears too be many going for lower prices, too. Now with 2000 more homes being built I would think you need to have appealing lots ( golf course, etc) to stand out from the crowd.

maddie101 - where did you see many homes available for the popular months? my friends are stuck out in buttonwood and would rather be close to spanish springs if they could be.

Reg
09-23-2013, 06:44 PM
maddie101 - where did you see many homes available for the popular months? my friends are stuck out in buttonwood and would rather be close to spanish springs if they could be.

I was referring to rentals outside of Jan thru March. While on villages4rent.com, it seemed that the rest of the months were not rented. I would need to think long term rental instead of just vacationing. Thanks for your input.

maddie101
09-23-2013, 07:02 PM

There were a few on flip key and and on ****. There was a listing on TOTV recently for high season that appeared low to me, too. I don't know the village that these were in. Either way, a % of the 2000 additional homes ( IF they are built) will be rentals and saturate rentals more and bring rental prices down with competition. Just something to think about if investment is only purpose of buying.

If I have time during the week I will see if they are still there.

maddie101
09-23-2013, 07:11 PM

Just at a quick search for two random months during high season, this popped up. Last year there would have been nothing for these months. I think as some residents pass away, their kids are keeping many if these as rentals, too.

The Villages Vacation Rentals from $60.00 - The Villages, FL Condos and Villas | FlipKey (http://www.flipkey.com/the-villages-vacation-rentals/g1566914/?check-in=12/31/2013&check-out=02/28/2014&sleeps-min=1&rates-range=week)

njbchbum
09-23-2013, 07:11 PM
There were a few on flip key and and on ****. There was a listing on TOTV recently for high season that appeared low to me, too. I don't know the village that these were in. Either way, a % of the 2000 additional homes ( IF they are built) will be rentals and saturate rentals more and bring rental prices down with competition. Just something to think about if investment is only purpose of buying.

If I have time during the week I will see if they are still there.

thanx for checking on that - and i'll suggest **** to them - they went thru another site frequently recommended here but upon calling the contact number for the listing found that the listings were not up-to-date! i already own and our friends do not want to - they just want a rental closer to spanish springs! ;)

maddie101
09-23-2013, 07:33 PM
thanx for checking on that - and i'll suggest **** to them - they went thru another site frequently recommended here but upon calling the contact number for the listing found that the listings were not up-to-date! i already own and our friends do not want to - they just want a rental closer to spanish springs! ;)

Duval Vacation Rental - **** 281867 - 3 BR The Villages House in FL, Beautiful Amarillo Ranch with Golf Cart - Jan.,Feb.,Mar. 2014 Available (http://www.****.com/281867)