PDA

View Full Version : Thanksgiving Plans

mfp509
09-24-2013, 01:38 AM
I wonder if anyone would be interested in meeting at Golden Corral for Thanksgiving dinner? I usually stay here on that holiday and never make any plans. If interested, reply or PM me and we could plan on it. As the holiday gets closer we can finalize it. It would be fun to get a few together.

billybye
09-24-2013, 06:58 AM
Golden Corral?
You could do better than that - anywhere!

mfp509
09-24-2013, 07:17 AM
Was thinking of cost and no reservations - that's all. It's anyone's choice - no one's arm is being twisted.

gomoho
09-24-2013, 03:40 PM
MFP - that was a gracious invitation to anyone looking to spend dinner with other Villagers on Thanksgiving. The response you received was just plain mean spirited. If I was going to be here I would be honored to have you at my table.

rdhdleo
09-24-2013, 04:00 PM
mfp, So nice of you to suggest that. We usually go to the dinner St. Marks Parish puts on, they just ask you bring a dessert to share, Mens Guild cooks the turkeys and the Ladies do the sides. Wonderful group of people to spend Thanksgiving with. We had a great time last year.

njbchbum
09-24-2013, 04:03 PM
mfp - your inquiry makes me wish i was gonna be in the villages so we could join you! most kind of you to think of others.

Villages PL
09-24-2013, 04:14 PM
I wonder if anyone would be interested in meeting at Golden Corral for Thanksgiving dinner? I usually stay here on that holiday and never make any plans. If interested, reply or PM me and we could plan on it. As the holiday gets closer we can finalize it. It would be fun to get a few together.

I like eating at the Golden Corral because they have so many great choices. I went last year but I believe it was the day before Thanksgiving so as to avoid the crowds. To me, eating in a crowded restaurant is just not appealing. BTW, they do have turkey on the day before Thanksgiving. But no pumpkin pie or cranberry sauce, which I don't eat anyway.

alanmcdonald
09-24-2013, 06:37 PM
We have eaten Thanksgiving dinner for years at Golden Corral in the Chattanooga TN area.

We will be making our first trip to our new home in TV Thanksgiving week and will be having Thanksgiving dinner at the Golden Corral in TV.

sharonga
09-24-2013, 06:42 PM
I think that is a wonderful idea. Not sure what our plans are yet, but if we don't have any, we will be there. Please keep us posted. What time?? Maybe a sign......I think it would be so much fun. New life.....new traditions.

mfp509
09-24-2013, 07:13 PM
I know it's early but just thought I would throw it out there. I would want to know for sure at least two weeks before Thanksgiving if anyone would go - otherwise I will make other plans. Keep it in mind.

DianeM
09-24-2013, 07:36 PM
MFP I think you had a cool idea and the initial response was just typical of the more mean spirited postings. Hope the idea comes to fruition. Could be a lot of fun for a reasonable amount.

tainsley
09-24-2013, 07:49 PM
Thanks! I think it is a good idea!

ken747pilot
09-25-2013, 02:29 PM
MFP509 The Wife is in Denver for a convention, I am in Northern Illinois, but we are coming to TV Thanksgiving week to close on our newly purchased home in Palo Alto. We are bringing a friend who bought in TV a month ago and I will propose the plan to them and let you know. Sounds like a great plan.

ilovetv
09-25-2013, 09:18 PM
MFP, I hope you have an enormous turnout! If we weren't going to be out of state, we'd go.

I think it is great that you're gathering people together in this way, to be together and celebrate the bounty we have in this great country.

DougB
09-25-2013, 09:26 PM
That was very nice of you to ask, mfp. A little too soon for us to respond right now.

Kirsten Lee
09-26-2013, 11:30 PM
One of our best holiday meals was at Golden Corral near the Smokey Mountains. We spent the morning hiking and had dinner at the Corral. The kids got what they liked and everyone was happy. A very memorable Christmas! How nice of you to think of others during the holiday. Enjoy!

SusanOfWoodbury
09-27-2013, 12:32 AM
I love your idea, thinking of other's. For me, it is not about the food, but, just be around other people. So, pls keep me updated...
Thanks again for the invite

mfp509
09-27-2013, 06:35 AM
I put this out now so people can think about it. I'll post again a couple of weeks before and see if anyone is going to do it.