PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone have any knowledge of publishing a book on Kindle?

mikeandnancy1112
09-24-2013, 03:03 PM
Does anyone have any knowledge of publishing a book on Kindle?

LeeM
09-25-2013, 01:05 AM
Yes I have about 20 books on Kindle under my name and pen names. Some of my books have become best sellers in their category. It is an awesome platform.

Just PM me if you need help.

TrudyM
09-25-2013, 01:43 AM
They also have a print on demand service that you can offer but I don't know how profitable it is for the author. When a customer orders the book they print and bind and send it out.

LeeM
09-25-2013, 09:09 AM
They also have a print on demand service that you can offer but I don't know how profitable it is for the author. When a customer orders the book they print and bind and send it out.

It always looks good for an author to have both digital and physical copies of their book. But it also depends on the book. I have some resource books with links like my work from home series that I update constantly so it does not make sense for me to use CreateSpace with them.

On the other hand if you are writing fiction or non fiction that is more evergreen, it can be excellent to have physical copies available. Starting digitally is a good idea as you can correct any errors and get customer feedback to improve your book before releasing physical copies.