PDA

View Full Version : Great New Oldies Radio

DougB
10-01-2013, 06:23 PM
If you are into listening to great oldies music, check out Ohio University Radio from seven to eight on Tuesday nights.

It is acrn.com

Dr Winston O Boogie jr
10-01-2013, 08:57 PM
What's a "new oldie"? Is that like a song that wasn't an oldie last week, but this week it's old enough to be considered and oldie?

graciegirl
10-01-2013, 09:00 PM
It is a radio show originating from Ohio University and the young DJ plays songs from the 60's, 70's and 80's and talks about the music. Tonight he related music from Electric Light Orchestra to the Beatles sound and told about the difference then in layering music and other forms of music production from that era..

It is only on from seven to eight on Tuesday night and you can hear it on your computer by logging into

acrn.com Lobster Rock

Dr Winston O Boogie jr
10-01-2013, 09:02 PM
And then how long does a new oldie have to be around before it becomes an old oldie or at least a regular oldie?

I don't think that a radio station would have a lot of material to play if they only play new oldies.

I wonder how many songs become new oldies every week?

graciegirl
10-01-2013, 09:05 PM
And then how long does a new oldie have to be around before it becomes an old oldie or at least a regular oldie?

I don't think that a radio station would have a lot of material to play if they only play new oldies.

I wonder how many songs become new oldies every week?

Please read my post above. They are OLDIES from the sixties, seventies and some fifties.

He knows his music.

gatherer47
10-01-2013, 11:45 PM
there are hundreds of internet radio stations that play "oldies"-I'll check this one out

getdul981
10-02-2013, 02:24 AM
Gracie, I do believe the good Dr. is pulling your leg.

Diveda
01-26-2014, 09:22 AM
94.0 am plays the coolest stuff. Reminds me of high school :)