PDA

View Full Version : Lady Lake Town Commission

Lady L_Commissioner_Ward4
10-04-2013, 11:48 AM
The Town Commission is meeting in the Town Chambers on Monday evening at 6 pm.

Visit the Town website for more details at:

Town of Lady Lake (http://www.ladylake.org)

OldManTime
10-04-2013, 12:14 PM
The Town Commission is meeting in the Town Chambers on Monday evening at 6 pm.

Visit the Town website for more details at:

Town of Lady Lake (http://www.ladylake.org)

Thank you, i hear the Villages Airport Van is presenting there new operation, and every resident from Water Oak will be there to protest.......

chuckinca
10-05-2013, 01:27 AM
Because_______________.

Barefoot
10-05-2013, 01:32 AM
Thank you, i hear the Villages Airport Van is presenting there new operation, and every resident from Water Oak will be there to protest.......

Why are they protesting?

Patty55
10-05-2013, 07:59 AM
I saw on the news a few nights ago that he is converting cars to running on propane and they are protesting propane storage. (Hope I got that right-LOL)

rayschic
10-05-2013, 08:07 AM
[quote=Patty55;757932]I saw on the news a few nights ago that he is converting cars to running on propane and they are protesting propane storage. (Hope I got that right-LOL)[

I tried to add a link to an article about his, but it won't take.

GatorFan
10-05-2013, 08:16 AM
Village Airport Van and Taxi is planning to build a new facility on Hermosa Street in Lady Lake.
The business, which has outgrown its current facility in Lady Lake thanks to its rapid growth, won approval for the new construction from the Lady Lake Commission on Wednesday evening.
About a dozen residents showed up at the meeting to complain about Village Airport Van and Taxi’s plans to have liquid propane gas tanks on the premises of the new facility. However, an attorney for the company said the proper safety procedures would be in place.
Those who voiced opposition had been influenced by the massive Blue Rhino fire earlier this summer. In that fire in Tavares, numerous propane tanks exploded, creating a massive fireball.
Ultimately, the construction was approved on a split vote. Commissioner Dan Vincent voted against it and Mayor Jim Richards abstained as his son works as a mechanic at the company.
“It’s great to see an existing business expand its operation in Lady Lake,” Richards said.
Currently, Village Airport Van and Taxi has 22 employees and 80 drivers.
Last year, the company transported 81,700 passengers.

rayschic
10-05-2013, 08:17 AM
Village Airport Van and Taxi is planning to build a new facility on Hermosa Street in Lady Lake.
The business, which has outgrown its current facility in Lady Lake thanks to its rapid growth, won approval for the new construction from the Lady Lake Commission on Wednesday evening.
About a dozen residents showed up at the meeting to complain about Village Airport Van and Taxi’s plans to have liquid propane gas tanks on the premises of the new facility. However, an attorney for the company said the proper safety procedures would be in place.
Those who voiced opposition had been influenced by the massive Blue Rhino fire earlier this summer. In that fire in Tavares, numerous propane tanks exploded, creating a massive fireball.
Ultimately, the construction was approved on a split vote. Commissioner Dan Vincent voted against it and Mayor Jim Richards abstained as his son works as a mechanic at the company.
“It’s great to see an existing business expand its operation in Lady Lake,” Richards said.
Currently, Village Airport Van and Taxi has 22 employees and 80 drivers.
Last year, the company transported 81,700 passengers.

Thanks, Gatorfan. That was the article that I was trying to post.