PDA

View Full Version : Mounds for Landscaping

queenpalmgirl
10-08-2013, 11:23 PM
We are thinking of doing mounds instead of the walls that most people do and then add stones or decorative bark. Anybody else do this and if so a reputable company that knows what they are doing????

gomoho
10-09-2013, 05:53 AM
I believe that would be a lovely change from what is seen house after house. Sorry no recommendations, but best of luck with your project.

laackley
10-09-2013, 06:13 AM
We have a large corner lot. To give some interest to the corner we had Ron's Landscaping, Inc. add two large islands that are mounded. We chose a natural look, so no walls or stones. We love the look plus with mulch we have the opportunity to add flowers as we choose. Ron and his crew were great to work with 352-227-7788.

graciegirl
10-09-2013, 07:14 AM
A very nice idea...BUT. Rain falls fast and hard here and the little hills may run your water where it doesn't need to go.

I think I remember that Happinow had some drainage issues after a landscaping change....but it probably didn't have anything to do with mounds.

jimbo2012
10-09-2013, 08:05 AM
A very nice idea...BUT. Rain falls fast and hard here and the little hills may run your water where it doesn't need to go.

Correct, that's why you need ARC approval for this work.

I have several, they look great when planted too.

queenpalmgirl
11-12-2013, 02:00 PM
Thank you for all the input. Greatly appreciative of comments.