PDA

View Full Version : What is wrong with some people?

Dr Winston O Boogie jr
10-10-2013, 11:39 AM
Somebody keyed my car. Sorry, I just had to vent.
http://i1260.photobucket.com/albums/ii564/Winston1027/IMG_1102_zps09ce2df0.jpg (http://s1260.photobucket.com/user/Winston1027/media/IMG_1102_zps09ce2df0.jpg.html)

pooh
10-10-2013, 12:08 PM
Where was the car parked?

graciegirl
10-10-2013, 12:11 PM
This makes me spitting mad.

Where were you, Jim?

patfla06
10-10-2013, 12:19 PM
That is just plain nasty.

pooh
10-10-2013, 12:32 PM
You know, Dr......looks like a shopping cart got you. Sorry about the damage.

jebartle
10-10-2013, 12:49 PM
Feel so bad for you....If it was the "ole boys car", he would be "beside himself"

Midvale
10-10-2013, 12:57 PM
It does seem the 2 scratches are parallel where the start at the door edge. Hard for someone to make 2 scratches like that.
Still stinks.

Bogie Shooter
10-10-2013, 01:05 PM
If you want to try to fix yourself.
How to fix a deliberate deep key scratch - Auto Geek Online Auto Detailing Forum (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/how-articles/51955-how-fix-deliberate-deep-key-scratch.html)

kittygilchrist
10-10-2013, 01:48 PM
Somebody keyed my car. Sorry, I just had to vent.
http://i1260.photobucket.com/albums/ii564/Winston1027/IMG_1102_zps09ce2df0.jpg (http://s1260.photobucket.com/user/Winston1027/media/IMG_1102_zps09ce2df0.jpg.html)

I don't think it's keyed...where's Abby when you need a forensics expert?

Boudicca
10-10-2013, 02:11 PM
What a shame this happened, however it was caused, its upsetting to see such damage

justjim
10-10-2013, 02:46 PM
Whoa. Hate to see such vandalism. A few weeks ago somebody "banged" into the rear of my car while it was parked at Publix and drove off without a note. Some people......

DandyGirl
10-10-2013, 03:30 PM
Their mama didn't raise them right!

Shimpy
10-10-2013, 03:41 PM
It does seem the 2 scratches are parallel where the start at the door edge. Hard for someone to make 2 scratches like that.
Still stinks.

I agree, they start out exactly parallel and stay the same distance apart until they reach the raised portion of the door which changes the profile. It isn't intentional but doesn't make the owner feel any better.

Dr Winston O Boogie jr
10-10-2013, 04:29 PM
Where was the car parked?

I didn't notice it until this morning. I suspect that it happened at Disney's Hollywood Studio on Tuesday.

missypie
10-10-2013, 04:36 PM
Sorry this happened to you.

I think instead of buying a new car next year, maybe I'll buy a real banged up beauty and folks will steer clear of MY car!!!

lovsthosebigdogs
10-10-2013, 05:00 PM
So sorry that happened to you. Intentional or accidental, whomever is responsible could have left a note and paid for the damage. Kind of takes the magic out of Disney for the day, doesn't it?

tommy steam
10-10-2013, 10:53 PM

I see a lot of people at the colony publix just leave their shopping carts right where their cars are parked instead of pushing them to the holding areas for them. It wouldn't be impossible for one of the carts to roll down and hit your car.

Villages PL
10-11-2013, 04:42 PM
I don't think it's keyed...where's Abby when you need a forensics expert?

I agree. The first thing a forensics expert would want to know is: where was it parked? Imagine if it was parked at Home Depot or Lowes. People use these low level carts to carry heavy stuff out to their car or truck. And the scratch looks like it's down low.

Another possibility is that someone with something attached to the back of their car or truck tried to back into a space and misjudged the distance. I think there's a strange contraption that attaches to the back of a car that carries a wheelchair or something. Something like that seems more likely.

Topspinmo
10-12-2013, 09:43 AM
Went to store with my 10 year old pristine 2003 truck with 32K miles on it.. If looks like it just rolled off the show room floor. SOME AH Backed in to the side of the door and CAVED it in. Now my pristine truck that was like new looks like piece of ##it. Do you think they waited till I came out or left note? NO! :cus:Lots of Scumbags out there.. Bright side if there is bright side is that it didn't cave in the lower cab corner, the bed, or render the door any which would of been really hard or expensive to fix. :)

I removed the inside panel, made me some body tools out of wood, and beat the dent out, repaired the area with little filler, and repainted it. Nice to have skills sometimes:coolsmiley: Nobody likes it's But sooner or later it will happen if you frequently visit parking lots.. IMO the only way to avoid it would be take taxi, but if we took taxi every where no need for vehicle! .

Indydealmaker
10-12-2013, 10:34 AM
Went to store with my 10 year old pristine 2003 truck with 32K miles on it.. If looks like it just rolled off the show room floor. SOME AH Backed in to the side of the door and CAVED it in. Now my pristine truck that was like new looks like piece of ##it. Do you think they waited till I came out or left note? NO! :cus:Lots of Scumbags out there.. Bright side if there is bright side is that it didn't cave in the lower cab corner, the bed, or render the door any which would of been really hard or expensive to fix. :)

I removed the inside panel, made me some body tools out of wood, and beat the dent out, repaired the area with little filler, and repainted it. Nice to have skills sometimes:coolsmiley: Nobody likes it's But sooner or later it will happen if you frequently visit parking lots.. IMO the only way to avoid it would be take taxi, but if we took taxi every where no need for vehicle! .

Same thing happened to my daughter in the parking lot of a CVS store. She went inside and viewed the security monitor which showed the accident. The police eventually tracked the offender down. However, that did not save my daughter the expense of repair because the offender was an illegal alien. No driver's license and of course no insurance, driving a friend's car that also had an expired license plate.

Patty55
10-12-2013, 11:27 AM
I saw a cart hit a car in the Publix parking lot. Another witness and I told the courtesy desk with a description of the golf cart.

Why do they do this? They do it because they are self-absorbed idiots who are pumped up by this place with the misconception that they are special. All the picking at the sales office have numbed them into thinking that they are no longer the powerless schlubbs that they were. Every once in a while they need a wake up slap to the head.

twinklesweep
10-12-2013, 01:29 PM
.... Why do they do this? They do it because they are self-absorbed idiots who are pumped up by this place with the misconception that they are special. All the picking at the sales office have numbed them into thinking that they are no longer the powerless schlubbs that they were. Every once in a while they need a wake up slap to the head.

I agree up and including the “self-absorbed idiots” (I might have been more harsh); after that I disagree. This can—and does—happen anywhere and everywhere. My parked car was hit on a street in TV, and the driver of the other car—a fellow TV resident—came looking for me (and it was not easy to find me, but he did) to tell me what had happened, to apologize, and to give me all his insurance information. This is an honorable man—and he would be an honorable man no matter where he lived. . . .

Patty55
10-12-2013, 01:46 PM
Yes, but the one I was trying to drive between two parked cars, saw he wasn't going to make it, hit the right fender of one (he knew it), kept going and left without leaving a note.

capecodbob
10-12-2013, 07:01 PM
I'm curious as to what kind of a car was it that was keyed? I think the jerks will key certain makes of cars. I mean, if it were a Honda then maybe just a random couple of losers but a MB or Porsche, then maybe a target car.
The unfortunate part of all this is whoever did it, if they were caught, probably would get off lightly. Those types are not afraid of the police because they know nothing much will happen to them.
Fear is a great deterrent for crime. All else seems to fail.

Topspinmo
10-12-2013, 08:02 PM
Same thing happened to my daughter in the parking lot of a CVS store. She went inside and viewed the security monitor which showed the accident. The police eventually tracked the offender down. However, that did not save my daughter the expense of repair because the offender was an illegal alien. No driver's license and of course no insurance, driving a friend's car that also had an expired license plate.

Jail time I hope for both and along with deportation?? I dough it? seems like only us law biding citizens have to face the monkey! When caught of course.

Bay Kid
10-13-2013, 07:35 AM

Is this what our country is coming to?

al & jane
10-13-2013, 08:34 AM
John Travolta, as Vincent in the movie Pulp Fiction, had a name for a person who would do this but I can't say it here.

Topspinmo
10-13-2013, 08:38 AM
Pulp Fiction and Big Lebowski two of my favorite Movies.

Dr Winston O Boogie jr
10-13-2013, 08:45 AM
I'm curious as to what kind of a car was it that was keyed? I think the jerks will key certain makes of cars. I mean, if it were a Honda then maybe just a random couple of losers but a MB or Porsche, then maybe a target car.
The unfortunate part of all this is whoever did it, if they were caught, probably would get off lightly. Those types are not afraid of the police because they know nothing much will happen to them.
Fear is a great deterrent for crime. All else seems to fail.

I'm aware of that and it was something that I thought of. It's a Lexus RX 330.

Dr Winston O Boogie jr
10-13-2013, 08:47 AM
I agree. The first thing a forensics expert would want to know is: where was it parked? Imagine if it was parked at Home Depot or Lowes. People use these low level carts to carry heavy stuff out to their car or truck. And the scratch looks like it's down low.

Another possibility is that someone with something attached to the back of their car or truck tried to back into a space and misjudged the distance. I think there's a strange contraption that attaches to the back of a car that carries a wheelchair or something. Something like that seems more likely.

The scratches are a bit above waist high for me and I'm six feet tall.

Villages PL
10-13-2013, 07:58 PM
The scratches are a bit above waist high for me and I'm six feet tall.

Oh, I got the wrong impression.

Here's another thought: Did you by any chance have a bumper sticker or special license plate? I have a bumper sticker that I'm afraid to put on my car for fear that someone will do some damage.