PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever been on a TV game show?

mgjim
10-11-2013, 05:06 PM
Just wondering if any of you have ever been on a TV game show and, if so, what show and what did you win?

maddie101
10-11-2013, 05:11 PM
Just wondering if any of you have ever been on a TV game show and, if so, what show and what did you win?

My husband and son were on Wheel of Fortune. They each won a trip oft two to Antigua, some cash. Did Not win the big puzzle at the end, but did win the opportunity to guess it. ;(

redwitch
10-11-2013, 05:52 PM
Tried out for Jeopardy when Art Fleming was host (how's that for dating me). Sadly, made it through the three testing rounds, the interview but totally froze when they did the practice shoot with cameras. I couldn't even remember my name. Still wish I could have done that.

tainsley
10-11-2013, 07:27 PM
Tried out for Family Feud (host was Ray ... can't remember his last name) with my husband, dad, brother and sister back in the early 80's. Didn't make it on TV but sure had a blast!

Nlnicholson
10-11-2013, 08:13 PM
Yep. Wheel of Fortune

kellyjam
10-11-2013, 08:15 PM
Tried out for Jeopardy when Art Fleming was host (how's that for dating me). Sadly, made it through the three testing rounds, the interview but totally froze when they did the practice shoot with cameras. I couldn't even remember my name. Still wish I could have done that.

My buddy's sister who was a school teacher and was tailor made for Jeopardy got on and ran into a gentleman who set at that time the all time highest daily winnings for a single show. She still to this day refuses to talk about the show because she knew most of the answers but so did he but he was faster on the buzzer.

under55
10-11-2013, 09:00 PM
My wife was on the Price is Right. She won a washer and dryer and was in the Showcase.

mgjim
10-12-2013, 12:47 AM

I've been taking the online test for Jeopardy for years without getting a phone call. I guess I'm just not that smart. It's probably for the best as I'd be likely to forget my name too.

jblum315
10-12-2013, 03:23 AM
I would love to try out for Jeopardy - I think I'm smart enough - but I know I would freeze in front of cameras. Better not be on than look like an idiot, I guess.

aabuono
10-12-2013, 06:21 AM
Back in "the olden days" when Art Fleming was the host of Jeopardy in New York, I was on and I too ran up against someone who was faster on the buzzer - I won a set of encyclopedias and a had a wonderful time. Now when I watch, I don't yell at the TV, because it really is harder that you think to focus on the question instead of the whole experience (lights, camera, audience) !! But it was fun !!!

Anne

2newyorkers
10-12-2013, 08:11 AM
Someone I know won 40 pink pots and 40 pink mops on Lets Make a Deal.

jean1954
10-12-2013, 08:41 AM
Back in "the olden days" when Art Fleming was the host of Jeopardy in New York, I was on and I too ran up against someone who was faster on the buzzer - I won a set of encyclopedias and a had a wonderful time. Now when I watch, I don't yell at the TV, because it really is harder that you think to focus on the question instead of the whole experience (lights, camera, audience) !! But it was fun !!!

Anne

I sure can rattle off the answers (questions) on Jeopardy in the serenity of my home but I'm sure it would be nerve wracking on the show. It is an honor to qualify for the show and to be selected to be on the show!

784caroline
10-12-2013, 11:01 AM
IN the late 50's I have been on the Price is Right with Bill Cullen (Won a ping pong Table),and I was also on The Little Big Payoff with Bess Meyerson (who was just crowned Miss America). ON this show I won a Dog for my Cousin who was also on the show with me. To this day I can still remember the final question of what were the names of 3 ships sailed by Christopher Columbus when he reached America.