PDA

View Full Version : Gumbo Hunt

Pepperhead
10-18-2013, 12:20 PM
I know that Harry's in Ocala has awesome gumbo, but is there someplace a bit closer to The Villages that serves it?

OpusX1
10-18-2013, 01:02 PM
Neon Leon's in Homosassa Springs has good gumbo but is not closer.

Pepperhead
10-18-2013, 01:19 PM
Neon Leon's in Homosassa Springs has good gumbo but is not closer.

I know the place, but had just eaten when I discovered it. Will give it a try next time I'm over there. Thanks.

clod
10-18-2013, 01:23 PM
I know that Harry's in Ocala has awesome gumbo, but is there someplace a bit closer to The Villages that serves it?

A little closer, Tasso's at 123 S. Joanna in Tavares is the best we have found & we are N.O. natives. Gumbo is great, po'boys are on real Gambino's French bread. Will go back!

:coolsmiley::coolsmiley:

Pepperhead
10-18-2013, 03:18 PM
A little closer, Tasso's at 123 S. Joanna in Tavares is the best we have found & we are N.O. natives. Gumbo is great, po'boys are on real Gambino's French bread. Will go back!

:coolsmiley::coolsmiley:

Thanks, I will definitely try them. I am happy to get Gambinos or Leidenheimer Bread..love the poboys at Parkway, but I am a little miffed at them (Parkway) Did you know that some guy who publishes one of the glossy magazines (http://www.myneworleans.com/New-Orleans-Magazine/July-2010/THEY-ARE-ldquoPOOR-rdquo-NOT-ldquoPO-rsquo-rdquo-BOYS/) in NOLA went on a crusade to get people to call "poboys" "poorboys" and Parkside caved in and did it? I guess the next thing we need to do is stop saying "Who dat" and instead say "Who is that."