PDA

View Full Version : Whiskey Creek

par
08-13-2007, 02:21 PM
Did Whiskey Creek go under? They were do!

happydays
08-13-2007, 02:47 PM
It is a shame if they did. But their prices were too high.

jtdraig
08-13-2007, 05:51 PM
Please see my post. Whiskey Creek has not gone under but recently has made several staff changes to improve their service and food quality. For the record, I am just a Villager with an opinion and I have no connections to any restaurant. I am just interested in giving everyone a fair shake.

Frank2
08-20-2007, 07:38 AM
After all the hype and anticipation prior to opening the Whiskey Creek restaurant I found it disappointing.

Visited there with friends and found the place to be mundane in both ambiance and the menu selections.

I'm pleased to read they may regroup. I'm anxious to try it again.

JGP0318
09-10-2007, 12:45 AM
I would certainly hope before anyone is spreading rumors of Whiskey Creek closing they would give the restaurant a call and speak to someone in management. Not only can I assure you that Whiskey Creek is NOT closing but we are doing very well. You can expect an excellent meal, in a friendly atmosphere, with great service. Perhaps everyone should reconsider giving Whiskey Creek another try. The General Manager is helpful and attentive to guest needs as is the rest of his management team as well as everyone else that is working for Whiskey Creek. I would encourage anyone to give Whiskey Creek another try or a first try. We will go above and beyond your expectations!

Thank You

golfnut
12-01-2007, 03:52 AM
Glad to hear you had a good experience

DDoug
12-04-2007, 11:03 AM
Have gone threre for lunch,I work so not much time service is very slow and not many servers to take care of you. Need to speed up a little before I can go there. Also was told they dont have managers on duty during the day,dont know if thats true but need to go faster.

JW
12-06-2007, 09:47 PM
:) I've been there a few times. The first time was so, so, but the next 2 visits, service and the dinner (skillet steak) were very good, with pleasant service.

I would go again.

Taltarzac
12-06-2007, 09:51 PM
:) I've been there a few times. The first time was so, so, but the next 2 visits, service and the dinner (skillet steak) were very good, with pleasant service.

I would go again.

And it is still open too, despite the rumor mill that has it closed or closing. What was that Mark Twain quote about his death? Oh, that was a rumor too. http://www.twainquotes.com/Death.html

Hope2b
12-07-2007, 04:12 AM
Went there yesterday for dinner. Fast service and good food.

784caroline
12-08-2007, 07:05 PM
Great Happy Hour...2 for 1 all day long (11am to close) beer and mixed drinks at reasonable prices with good mixed pours.

jtdraig
12-27-2007, 02:43 PM
I have eaten there twice in the past few weeks and had a good experience each time. They suffer, as most restaurants around here, occasional lapses in service because of the difficulty in getting and retaining good servers. I fear that the problem will only get worse overall as The Villages expands. Hope I am wrong!

lin345
01-14-2008, 09:17 PM
Every time we go there they screw up our order. We go to Outback and pay a little more.

lin

REDCART
01-15-2008, 12:07 AM
Why do places like Outback and Carrabba's have fewer problems with bad service? I'll bet it has a lot to do with their training program. Whiskey Creek and places which continuually complain about server turnover, might do a little sluthing on their own to see how successful restaurants are better able to manage their servers. George

golfnut
01-15-2008, 02:26 AM
I agree barb we love too jays

GERALDINE
01-15-2008, 09:21 PM
I would certainly hope before anyone is spreading rumors of Whiskey Creek closing they would give the restaurant a call and speak to someone in management. Not only can I assure you that Whiskey Creek is NOT closing but we are doing very well. You can expect an excellent meal, in a friendly atmosphere, with great service. Perhaps everyone should reconsider giving Whiskey Creek another try. The General Manager is helpful and attentive to guest needs as is the rest of his management team as well as everyone else that is working for Whiskey Creek. I would encourage anyone to give Whiskey Creek another try or a first try. We will go above and beyond your expectations!

Thank You

Thanks for the update. We too had a couple really bad experiences there with bad food and poor service. I'm really getting hungry for some GOOD St. Louis style ribs...so maybe we'll go back and give it ONE more try. Can I tell them YOU sent me and if it's bad, you'll stand behind your words????

Duffer
02-22-2008, 11:33 PM
After a hiatus from going to WC for about 6-8 months I had heard some good comments about thlem recently. I went to lunch there last week and was very pleasently surprized at the improvment they had made both in service and quality of the food. Since it was lunch I had a brisket sandwich and fries so we are not talking about a full meal. I was also impressed with the sauces available. Previously those were a disaster and did nothing to improve the meal. Our wailtress was Casey and she was very attentive. Yes I wil be back. ;D ;D ;D

gfmucci
02-23-2008, 02:44 PM
We had ribs at Whiskey Creek two weeks ago...service and food were both excellent. We will definitely go back for a full rack next time.