PDA

View Full Version : Adoptee discussion group & Activism

lilgrnmonster
10-29-2013, 10:58 AM
Are you an adoptee ?
Are you interested in finding out who your birth family is ? This is a private group who will respect your feelings , give you direction for searching and can relate to your experiences. It's wonderful to share your feelings and past experiences with people who are in the same situation. Monthly meetings.
Call Dee 352-446-3029

QueenOfTheVillages
05-04-2014, 08:16 PM
I moved to TV in November last year. I'm just discovering groups. I see no one has posted?

I am adoptee from NE OH who had medical issue. Many of us did and we're misdiagnosed because we never had medical history as others.

I have met with governors of states to change laws, I have formed a group To a Reunited Adoptees Everywhere. I have been highly trained in Skip Trace & Profiling to help & assist adoptees find at least medical history or reunite them with relatives. Brothers ....Sisters.

Call on me anytime if you need help or simply want to know how the process is done or for any reason.

babs1199
05-04-2014, 09:24 PM
I have two adopted children , they were adopted at birth. I love them as if I gave birth to them. I have always told my children that I would help them in any way to find their birth parents if they chose.
My son found his as he had questions re: health. My daughter has not looked at this point , but someday she may.
I have spoken at many adoption agency's re: how adopted parent's may feel if their children looked. I always said if it was not for the birth parent's we may never know what it would be like to be parent's. Good luck in your search and may you find what you are looking for.

redwitch
05-04-2014, 09:58 PM
I adopted my daughter at an older age (4-1/2), so she knew her bio-mother ("C"). They stayed in contact quite awhile after the adoption was finalized. We have lost total contact with C but did manage to get a pretty complete medical history before C disappeared. I can't imagine being hurt by my daughter wanting to know her bio-mom -- her heart is big enough to love both of us and should she ever want to talk to C again, I'll do my best to help my daughter locate her.

For those looking for their biological parents, I wish them nothing but the best. I can only imagine how painful it must be to not know your medical history or why you were put up for adoption. Much love to all those involved.

LittleDog
05-05-2014, 06:59 AM
I am an adoptee but have found my birth family. Many years ago I attended ALMA meetings which was exactly what the OP has talked about. They were quite informative and many of the stories told by adoptees were quite interesting. Right now I'm not interested in joining this group but I would advise that any adoptees that haven't found their birth families to give serious consideration to joining.

John