PDA

View Full Version : Ribs

Frank2
08-17-2007, 01:48 PM
Would like to read some opinions from those who have visited Oakwood Smokehouse and ordered the ribs served there.

Seems whenever I drive by, (CR 441/27) customers are outside waiting.

Can it be THAT good?

Opinions, please.

noleguy
08-17-2007, 02:05 PM
Finally tried Oakwood Grille earlier this week and was very pleased. We had ribs and they were delicious. The service was great and will be back there agin soon.

Happy Villager
08-17-2007, 05:45 PM
The ribs at OakWood are delicious and it is the only place we will order ribs. We try to go only on Mon, Tues or Wed after 3:00pm because they offer the full rack of baby back ribs plus 2 sides for only $10.95. I just hope this isn't a special for the summer months. I'll have to remember to ask.

karensue
08-22-2007, 07:18 PM
You don't see all those cars parked in that lot for no reason. They have discovered the ribs (smaller than those up north) but very good with excellent sauces. Love the "HUGE" drinks and the baked beans, too. The only place to go for BBQ IMHO. :agree:

golfnut
08-23-2007, 06:40 AM
I thought the ribs there were very good.

pgilson
08-23-2007, 08:35 AM
Oakwood ribs are the best! No waiting in line last week. :agree:

zcaveman
08-28-2007, 09:23 PM
I thought the ribs were good but there are times when I don't think I get as large a serving of sides or meat on the sandwiches as other BBQ places.

samhass
09-11-2007, 09:31 AM
I think the food is good and the ice cold beer (in frosted mugs and pitcher) is excellent.

Frank2
09-18-2007, 07:38 AM
I'm reading the ribs at Oakwood are great and at reasonable prices. Perhaps that's a contributing reason Bono's didn't make it.

Hmmm, a testimony to the process of cooking ribs at Oakwood

Thanks for the input, folks.

zcaveman
09-18-2007, 11:36 AM
What upset me about Bono's is that the construction people used it like a office an noon time. They took over the booths and used those walkie-talkies so loudly, you could not enjoy a meal. And then there was the breast- feeding women in one booth. Plus the waitresses got lost too often.

Oakwood does have great ribs.

chuckinca
09-18-2007, 01:06 PM
We always go to Sonny's in Leesburg for Ribs when in TV

PaulaP
09-18-2007, 01:33 PM
Just my opinion ...the orginal ribs at Ruby Tuesdays are the best, I don't even enjoy ribs but I crave these!! Also they have the coldest beer in the Villages.

Donna
09-18-2007, 01:41 PM
I had ribs at Chili's the last time I was there..We both enjoyed them very much..We used to go to Bono's...
Just my 2 cents.. ;D

mdspchldy1
10-06-2007, 07:59 PM
Best ribs around. Always great food, and service. They also have the best lima beans ever, and I'm not even a lima bean eater!

Lucko
11-04-2007, 06:10 AM
As a former retaurant owner, I highly recommend Oakwood ribs and also the side meat that can be added as a combo. They smoke pork ribs, chopped pork, pulled pork, sliced beef and chopped chicken and it can come wet or you can add your choice of sauce at the table. Lean meat, great flavor, good value in pricing and decent service. That is why there is a wait at meal time. Great corn fritters and sweet potato. YUM !!!

zcaveman
11-05-2007, 03:55 AM
The best ribs I have had have been at my own hacienda. I get either the St Louis ribs or the baby backs and coat them with salt, pepper and oregano and put them on a hot grill. After they have been seared I transfer them to an aluminum pan and add some water and cover them with tin foil and let them slow cook. Then I uncover them and coat them with my favorite sauce. I serve them with a side of Mexican corn bread, cole slaw and baked beans. Best in the world.

Cheaper than any restaurant and no heart burn from the wood they use to cook them one.

Sorry - no reservations taken.

jjdees
11-05-2007, 02:46 PM
Z, What kind of ribs are the St. Louis ribs?

zcaveman
11-06-2007, 01:54 AM
St Louis ribs are cut off at the first knuckle. You don't get all of the cartilage and fatty part from the top.