PDA

View Full Version : Thanksgiving Day Dinner Party for Singles

EnjoyTheVillages
11-05-2013, 09:51 AM
Singles, don't spend the holiday at home by yourself, come enjoy friendship and a wonderful dinner. Much to my chagrin, dinner will be served between 4:30 and 5:00 PM. I prefer a late dinner, however the girls won this one. So, we reached a compromise and will eat a late afternoon dinner. Desert being served after 6:30PM. Table seating is limited to 14 while additional seats will be available. We already have several who want to bring food so the turkey, sweet potato casserole and pumpkin pies are already taken. Please contact me with what you'd like to bring and BYO. PM me for directions at enjoythevillages. Larry

RETIREDSFW
11-05-2013, 10:37 AM
Larry, i was unable to send you a pm message. Please count me in for thanksgiving dinner & i will bring a vegetable dish. Sandra

EnjoyTheVillages
11-05-2013, 10:59 AM
Hi Sandra, we look forward to seeing you and thanks for bringing a vegtable dish. Larry

2BNTV
11-05-2013, 06:47 PM
I'm in Larry. I will PM you for what to bring.

2BNTV
11-05-2013, 06:54 PM
Larry:

I tried to PM you and it wouldn't let me send you a message.

Can you check this out?
1. Click on "Usercp"
2, Click on "edit options" on the left side of your screen.
3. Go to the PM area and see if you enabled your ability to receive PM's by checking the appropriate box..

Thanks,

Joe

katerogers
11-05-2013, 11:06 PM
Sorry, Larry, I'll have to miss your dinner. I'm taking my grandchildren to Disney World that week. It was very thoughtful of you to offer to have Thanksgiving dinner, since it can be very lonely, if you don't know anyone here. It looks like you'll be having full house. I see that there are a lot of new singles, who have ventured onto our MEET AND GREET club site or whatever we're (not) calling our little group, so it's great that you're keeping our monthly get togethers continuing. Hopefully, others will offer to have a party at the first of the year, when the snowbird singles - who are braving this, often scary, move alone - will be arriving.

Katie

Midvale
11-06-2013, 08:59 AM
Can't make it but thanks for doing this Larry!

kittygilchrist
11-06-2013, 09:13 AM
Sorry, Larry, I'll have to miss your dinner. I'm taking my grandchildren to Disney World that week. It was very thoughtful of you to offer to have Thanksgiving dinner, since it can be very lonely, if you don't know anyone here. It looks like you'll be having full house. I see that there are a lot of new singles, who have ventured onto our MEET AND GREET club site or whatever we're (not) calling our little group, so it's great that you're keeping our monthly get togethers continuing. Hopefully, others will offer to have a party at the first of the year, when the snowbird singles - who are braving this, often scary, move alone - will be arriving.

Katie

Yay Katie! I'm happy for you to have company. And glad to see you posting on the meet and greet Unclub..:024: I miss you when I don't see a post for a few days.

EnjoyTheVillages
11-06-2013, 09:17 AM
Hi Joe,

Thanks for making me aware of the problem with the PM's. I think I corrected the issue. Would you PM me and see if it is working? Thanks, Larry

EnjoyTheVillages
11-06-2013, 09:20 AM
Yay Katie! I'm happy for you to have company. And glad to see you posting on the meet and greet Unclub..:024: I miss you when I don't see a post for a few days.

Hi Kate,
I'm happy for you also. Enjoy your family...they are precious and you'll have a wonderful time with them. We'll all miss you, but knowing your happy!
Larry

chachacha
11-08-2013, 04:26 PM
ok, thanksgiving is right around the corner so i hope everyone will not wait until the last moment to contact larry! the more the merrier!

streamer2005
11-09-2013, 07:45 AM
Singles, don't spend the holiday at home by yourself, come enjoy friendship and a wonderful dinner. Much to my chagrin, dinner will be served between 4:30 and 5:00 PM. I prefer a late dinner, however the girls won this one. So, we reached a compromise and will eat a late afternoon dinner. Desert being served after 6:30PM. Table seating is limited to 14 while additional seats will be available. We already have several who want to bring food so the turkey, sweet potato casserole and pumpkin pies are already taken. Please contact me with what you'd like to bring and BYO. PM me for directions at enjoythevillages. Larry

Larry,
I live in stonecrest as a single guy and I go over there all the time on my street legal golf cart and was wondering if I could be invited as your guest for your thanksgiving party, I'm a 66 young active retired Coast Guardsmen. My name is Brayton Nye phone # 352 425 2827 if you decide you have any questions. I work part time for Keller Williams as there repairmen for home sales and I was a licensed realtor in New Jersey years ago and a Licensed contractor in construction just to give you a idea of my back ground. If you decide it would be ok , let me know. Just thought I ask.

maybe
11-09-2013, 08:57 AM
Larry
Add me to the list of those who want to attend if there is still room.

Bill

Captainhil
11-09-2013, 10:13 AM
Larry
Add me to the list of those who want to attend if there is still room.

Bill

Bill, are you coming as a pumpkin? keehee.

EnjoyTheVillages
11-09-2013, 10:42 AM
Larry,
I live in stonecrest as a single guy and I go over there all the time on my street legal golf cart and was wondering if I could be invited as your guest for your thanksgiving party, I'm a 66 young active retired Coast Guardsmen. My name is Brayton Nye phone # 352 425 2827 if you decide you have any questions. I work part time for Keller Williams as there repairmen for home sales and I was a licensed realtor in New Jersey years ago and a Licensed contractor in construction just to give you a idea of my back ground. If you decide it would be ok , let me know. Just thought I ask.

Hi Brayton,
Yes, please come to the dinner. No one should spend Thanksgiving by themselves. We'll look forward to meeting you. I'll get back to you later on what to bring. Larry

kittygilchrist
11-09-2013, 11:08 AM
Brayton, welcome.
Kitty

Single Track
11-09-2013, 01:58 PM

Bad news/Good news Larry,
I'm so sorry I can't join you for Thanksgiving. What a generous invitation.
I'm going home to Philly the day before Thanksgiving and can't wait to see my little grandchildren, family and friends. I won't return until April.
Enjoy the balmy FL weather over the winter because I'll be skidding around in the ice and snow. Ugh!
Happy Thanksgiving to all and have a wonderful Holiday Season!
Trudy

maybe
11-09-2013, 03:41 PM
Bill, are you coming as a pumpkin? keehee.

Sort of, but with sugar and spice coating me and a sash 3.1416 feet long (rounded off).

EnjoyTheVillages
11-10-2013, 06:38 PM
Bad news/Good news Larry,
I'm so sorry I can't join you for Thanksgiving. What a generous invitation.
I'm going home to Philly the day before Thanksgiving and can't wait to see my little grandchildren, family and friends. I won't return until April.
Enjoy the balmy FL weather over the winter because I'll be skidding around in the ice and snow. Ugh!
Happy Thanksgiving to all and have a wonderful Holiday Season!
Trudy

Hi Trudy,
We'll miss you Trudy, be safe this winter, and we'll all look forward to seeing you in April. Enjoy your family, sounds like you have some little ones waiting for you to return. Enjoy your Thanksgiving, Larry

kittygilchrist
11-10-2013, 10:38 PM
Sort of, but with sugar and spice coating me and a sash 3.1416 feet long (rounded off).

You're coming as a pi--very clever. first a punkin, then a pi.

Duckhunter
11-14-2013, 08:32 PM
Larry,
I will have family visiting on Thanksgiving and will not be able to attend. I got final word today. Will have to miss ur gathering. Thanks for all ur doing and happy holidays.. Bob

photolady
11-15-2013, 11:22 PM
Hi Larry. I would enjoy spending Thanksgiving with a group of single people, rather than watching Planes, Trains and Automobiles. I don't know if I am sending this privately, but no matter. If there's room available, please let me know, okay? I can bring whatever you suggest. Thank you.

kittygilchrist
11-15-2013, 11:35 PM
Hi Larry. I would enjoy spending Thanksgiving with a group of single people, rather than watching Planes, Trains and Automobiles. I don't know if I am sending this privately, but no matter. If there's room available, please let me know, okay? I can bring whatever you suggest. Thank you.

photoglady, you sent it publicly. I am still not sure of my plans, but I hope to meet you if not at Larry's then later....
Larry is a great guy and this one is sure to be a warm and wonderful event.
Kitty

kittygilchrist
11-15-2013, 11:38 PM
Larry, can you give us a recap of who's coming and what's being brought? Also, are you still open for more guests? I have several chairs I could bring so seating won't be a problem..
you're a winner for hosting,
Kitty

EnjoyTheVillages
11-16-2013, 10:04 AM
Larry, can you give us a recap of who's coming and what's being brought? Also, are you still open for more guests? I have several chairs I could bring so seating won't be a problem..
you're a winner for hosting,
Kitty

Hi Kitty,
Here's a list of who's coming thus far and what they are bringing. Several asked me what to bring and I told them I would get back to them. Yes, I'm open to more friends attending. I have a large home that could accommodate 25-30. I would need additional chairs if there are more than 20 attending. Today there are 13 coming. They are:

Ronneye -- 2 Turkeys and stuffing
Diane -- Sweet Potato Casserole
Sandra --- Vegetable Dish
Marla -- Green Bean Caserole
Janice -- Salad
Photoglady --
Ken -- 2 Pumpkin Pies
Gary -- 2 Bottles Wine
Larry --
Tom --
Joe -- Rolls
Bill --
Brayton--

Here's what I think we still need: Mashed Potatoes, Cranberry Dish, Baked Oyster Casserole, Ice Cream for the Pumpkin Pie.

If you are out there and by yourself on Thanksgiving drop me a note and we'll see that you share it with friends.

Larry

EnjoyTheVillages
11-16-2013, 10:05 AM

Hi Photoglady,
Yes, please come to the dinner, we have plenty of room and you'll meet some wonderful people. Larry

2BNTV
11-16-2013, 10:09 AM
How many people are coming) If it is a small gathering, I can bring the mashed potato's, (ready made, store bought in addition to the dinner rolls).

Let me, know.

Joe

EnjoyTheVillages
11-16-2013, 10:17 AM
How many people are coming) If it is a small gathering, I can bring the mashed potato's, (ready made, store bought in addition to the dinner rolls).

Let me, know.

Joe

Thanks for the offer on the potatoes Joe, I'm not sure we'll have an accurate count for another week or so. I'll let you know what's going on a little later. Larry

chachacha
11-16-2013, 11:33 AM
sounding great, larry! for the record, dianne is bringing candied sweet potatoes, not a casserole. hope everyone has a sweet tooth :)

photolady
11-16-2013, 12:26 PM
Hi Photoglady,
Yes, please come to the dinner, we have plenty of room and you'll meet some wonderful people. Larry

Hi Larry,

I'm still not sure how or where to respond to a post. I'm guessing at this area because that's what appeared on my screen.

What I like to bring to functions is a camera. Do you have an over- abundance of photographers? I'm really good at napkins and paper plates, too.

But, here's the problem: I don't know where you live.

EnjoyTheVillages
11-16-2013, 08:30 PM
sounding great, larry! for the record, dianne is bringing candied sweet potatoes, not a casserole. hope everyone has a sweet tooth :)

Hi Dianne,
Candied sweet potatoes sound even better....This is going to be one great meal! Larry

EnjoyTheVillages
11-16-2013, 08:32 PM
Hi Larry,

I'm still not sure how or where to respond to a post. I'm guessing at this area because that's what appeared on my screen.

What I like to bring to functions is a camera. Do you have an over- abundance of photographers? I'm really good at napkins and paper plates, too.

But, here's the problem: I don't know where you live.

Hi photoglady,
I've sent you a PM. Please let me know if you cannot get to it.
Larry

EnjoyTheVillages
11-22-2013, 01:59 PM
Last call for the Meet and Greet Singles Thanksgiving Party and Dinner. Our menu is complete, there's going to be a lot of great food, and, of course, the commraderie of being with other people on this traditional holiday. If you are by yourself and would like to join us please pm me at enjoythevillages.

KathieI
11-24-2013, 01:09 PM

Let me, know.

Joe

Joe, sounds to me like you need an education in how to use the stove!!??!!
Really, its not hard and the stove doesn't bite, I promise you!!! LOL.

kittygilchrist
11-24-2013, 04:36 PM
Last call for the Meet and Greet Singles Thanksgiving Party and Dinner. Our menu is complete, there's going to be a lot of great food, and, of course, the commraderie of being with other people on this traditional holiday. If you are by yourself and would like to join us please pm me at enjoythevillages.

Hey, I won't know till the last minute if I can come and bring 2 other people. I trust Larry, that you will welcome us all as you would anyone who wants to come. If I can come I'll bring the oyster stuffing and more.
K.

EnjoyTheVillages
11-24-2013, 08:03 PM
Hey, I won't know till the last minute if I can come and bring 2 other people. I trust Larry, that you will welcome us all as you would anyone who wants to come. If I can come I'll bring the oyster stuffing and more.
K.

The oyster stuffing is all we're lacking right now, so let's keep our fingers crossed that Kitty can make it.

EnjoyTheVillages
11-24-2013, 08:07 PM
Exciting News.... just heard in addition to pumpkin pie, pecan pie, vanilla ice cream, we're also going to have CHOCOLATE COVERED STRAWBERRIES! So many people are making so many good things, I don't know how I'm going to eat it all. Guess I better go for a long walk Thursday morning.

EnjoyTheVillages
11-25-2013, 01:05 PM
THANKSGIVING WEATHER ALERT
Although it's going to be a beautiful sunny day with no rain on Thanksgiving Day in the Villages, the temperature is another matter. The posted high is 60 degrees and as the sun goes down it will become much colder. I was planning on using the lanai for some to use at dinner. It may be too chilly for that. There's more than enough room inside for everyone (we have 16 now coming). Does anyone have 4-6 folding chairs we could use inside? That would be a big help and much appreciated. Thanks, Larry

graciegirl
11-25-2013, 02:50 PM
The oyster stuffing is all we're lacking right now, so let's keep our fingers crossed that Kitty can make it.

Kitty. Follow the directions on Stove top regular chicken or turkey. Get the little can(s) of refrigerated oysters at Publix fish area and add one small can for every box of stuffing. I don't drain them. Two boxes should cover the oyster dressing crowd.

Sometimes I cook a few chicken parts (dark meat is tastier..three or four thighs) and debone them and add a little chicken meat. Always I add a little sautéed in a tablespoon or so of butter.. until soft and transparent, onion and celery...about a cup combined to each box. You can put it together a day ahead and bake for about a half an hour at 350 or until hot just before serving.

You probably already can make it far better than I do.

EVERYTIME I SEE THE NAME OF THIS THREAD it makes me so happy that a bunch of you are getting together to celebrate Thanksgiving.

Hugs and love to all of you.

kittygilchrist
11-25-2013, 06:57 PM
Kitty. Follow the directions on Stove top regular chicken or turkey. Get the little can(s) of refrigerated oysters at Publix fish area and add one small can for every box of stuffing. I don't drain them. Two boxes should cover the oyster dressing crowd.

Sometimes I cook a few chicken parts (dark meat is tastier..three or four thighs) and debone them and add a little chicken meat. Always I add a little sautéed in a tablespoon or so of butter.. until soft and transparent, onion and celery...about a cup combined to each box. You can put it together a day ahead and bake for about a half an hour at 350 or until hot just before serving.

You probably already can make it far better than I do.

EVERYTIME I SEE THE NAME OF THIS THREAD it makes me so happy that a bunch of you are getting together to celebrate Thanksgiving.

Hugs and love to all of you.

OMgraciousLord,
I am so LOL! hahaha.
thank you, Gracie, momma did not cook oyster stuffin...if I'm going to Larry's I'll do exactly as you recommend. ILY.
Kitty

kittygilchrist
11-25-2013, 07:01 PM
THANKSGIVING WEATHER ALERT
Although it's going to be a beautiful sunny day with no rain on Thanksgiving Day in the Villages, the temperature is another matter. The posted high is 60 degrees and as the sun goes down it will become much colder. I was planning on using the lanai for some to use at dinner. It may be too chilly for that. There's more than enough room inside for everyone (we have 16 now coming). Does anyone have 4-6 folding chairs we could use inside? That would be a big help and much appreciated. Thanks, Larry

I have some chairs, think I've got 3. I am happy at you for being my very dear and close friend.
And you so stepped up to be the first man to host a party. Larry-Rocks.
K.

chachacha
11-27-2013, 04:13 PM
i will bring four of those wooden folding chairs.....plus ice, soda, sweet potatoes....duh, anything else? :) oh yes, my coat!

EnjoyTheVillages
11-27-2013, 04:25 PM
Thanks Dianne, the chairs will be a big help. Yep, you better bring a coat since it's going to get quite chilly tomorrow evening.

2BNTV
11-28-2013, 02:24 PM
Joe, sounds to me like you need an education in how to use the stove!!??!!
Really, its not hard and the stove doesn't bite, I promise you!!! LOL.

I'll have to dust it off first. :jester:

RETIREDSFW
11-28-2013, 08:57 PM
Thanks larry for a great party. Looking forward to the next one now.
Sandra

kittygilchrist
11-28-2013, 09:38 PM
What a wonderful evening with friends whom I have grown to love and interesting new characters as well. I had so much fun! thanks to Larry for an eyebrow-raising, impressive job of hosting and Ronnye for the gigantic turkey!
Kitty

Rgraves
11-28-2013, 10:58 PM
Larry, thanks so much!!! It was great being with you and so many great friends. Thanks also for being so gracious to include Ron. And, of course, I left a bag at your house...typical me!! Smiles and a hug, Ronnye

2BNTV
11-29-2013, 10:04 AM
Hats off to Larry, for opening his beautiful home for all us singles. A gracious host.

The turkey was delicious, (thanks Ronnye for all your hard work), Everything came together beautifully as there was plenty of food.

Great company and we all had a great time.

Next one at my house on Saturday, December 7th at 5 PM. Hope to see all the gang attend. :smiley:

kittygilchrist
11-29-2013, 11:57 AM
oh yes, another thanks to Kathy for photography, chocolate strawberries and a delightful personality...welcome to the unclub!