PDA

View Full Version : JUST FISHING

F16 1UB
08-29-2007, 10:53 AM
Anyone interested in seeing results of any trips? Size, amount, fresh, salt????????? If so let's see them. Yeah I know. All fisherman are liars except for me & you and I'm a little bit leary about you.
Last night. 11 boats, 14 bass caught, 1st place was 3 bass that weighed 4.4 pounds. Sorry state of affairs. I had one 13" keeper caught on a white/chartreuse spinnerbait with 3" chartreuse trailer. Weighed a whole 1.12

Steve

F16 1UB
09-27-2007, 09:01 AM
Notice we've got a few fisherman here so I'll give you an update albeit not in TV's. Will do this when we get there too.

Every Tuesday night there's some local bass fisherman that throw $20 in a pot and try to bring in the largest 6 bass limit. All bass are weighed and released ALIVE to catch another day.

Date: 9/22/07
Location: Ohio River, Markland Pool, Warsaw KY 1/2 way between Cincinnati and Louisville
Time: 5:30 PM to 8:15 PM
15 boats
33 bass caught
1st place 5 bass @ 8.12 pounds
2 place @ 5 bass @ 8.4 pounds
Big Bass 3.8 pounds 7" Berkley Gulp Turtleback Worm Junebug Color

Things are looking up finally. 2 weeks ago I tied with an angler for first place. Nobody tied all year except now. Figures! Only had 3 that weighed 4.12 pounds. Gives you an idea of how bass fishing is on the Ohio River. Every week there's a Big Bass pot that accumulates if not hit. To qualify a single bass must weigh over 4 pounds. The Big Bass pot to date is over $600. Next Tuesday, being the last event of the year, anyone bringing in the largest bass regardless will win the Big Bass pot. You'd think we're fishing for a million bucks. Lotta fun and bragging rights. And wouldn't you know it I had the largest bass this week going 3.8 pounds that got me 2nd place with a total weight of 8.4 pounds. Maybe I'll shine a little brighter next week.

Stay Tuned

Steve

chuckinca
09-27-2007, 11:04 PM
Steve:

Our summer place is on this lake - see bass tournament results on this link

http://www.clearlakebassmasters.net/2007tourneyjune.html

Chuck

PS: I haven't fished since I was a kid but will probably get a new pole and try it out after I finish working

F16 1UB
10-02-2007, 09:04 PM
Steve:

Our summer place is on this lake - see bass tournament results on this link

http://www.clearlakebassmasters.net/2007tourneyjune.html

Chuck

PS: I haven't fished since I was a kid but will probably get a new pole and try it out after I finish working

Chuck unfortunately KY can't even begin to compare to CA. One CA bass would easily outweight a 5 fish sack of KY fish. Fot the last Tuesday bass tournament of the year the results were as follows. 1st place had 4 bass that weighed 4.8, 2nd place 2 bass @ 3.15. Big Bass was 2.8 pounds. Good news is I had that Big Bass. Bad news was another guy tied with me "again". Nobody has tied all year except me. I had to split the $800 Big Bass pot and got a whole $60 for 2nd place. Geesh may have won enough to purchase another transducer for my bow mount fish finder.

Even though this may be the last Tuesday tournment for the season I was told that a similar tournament on Sunday from 1 PM to 5 pm will start 10/8. Told my wife it aint over yet

Steve

Irish Rover
10-03-2007, 08:39 AM
Steve - I'll be in TV in Jan - Feb. If you are there and are interested, let's get together and flog the water. I have a home on Lake of the Ozarks which allows me to fish every week. It's not uncommon to catch a limit in a couple of hours on a ho hum day. Sunday morning I had three keepers (12.5 #) in an hour and a half. Have you ever fished at Disney World? It's really great. Only draw back is you have to use one of their guides but it's still great fishing. Good luck with the next tournament. :bigthumbsup:
Jim

F16 1UB
10-03-2007, 09:38 PM
Steve - I'll be in TV in Jan - Feb. If you are there and are interested, let's get together and flog the water. I have a home on Lake of the Ozarks which allows me to fish every week. It's not uncommon to catch a limit in a couple of hours on a ho hum day. Sunday morning I had three keepers (12.5 #) in an hour and a half. Have you ever fished at Disney World? It's really great. Only draw back is you have to use one of their guides but it's still great fishing. Good luck with the next tournament. :bigthumbsup:
Jim

Jim - Wish I could join you in Jan/Feb but as close as I'll get to TV is getting on a cruise ship the first of Feb. Just went to my bass club meeting and the best time of year size wise was November in KY. Water temp was high 40's. Brrr. Fished a tournament on Truman Lake 20 years ago. Wind and Rain for 3 days. Did louzy too. As for Disney that to me would be like fishing a farm pond. Spoils you for sure. I went on a guided striper jaunt once. Never again. Troll, snore, fish on, wind it in. Ho Hum. Eventually I want to get into the crappies in the winter in the Sumter/Lake County area and definitely hit the lakes for bass too. Also Red Fish looks like fun. And give me your 3 keepers @ 12.5 # and I'll win most tournaments each week on the Ohio River. Thanks for the good wishes. I'll need it.
Steve

Irish Rover
10-03-2007, 10:59 PM
By the way, I know the Ohio River very well. I grew up in Steubenville, OH and fished the river back when the fish glowed in the dark. Things have really been cleaned up in that area and fishing has really improved. I do agree :agree:that a 2-1/2 or 3# bass will put you in the money for big fish in a Ohio River tournament. We are lucky here in Missouri because we have some very large impoundments (50,000 acres+) scattered around the state and each year BASS holds tournaments in two or three of them. Like you, I fish a lot of tournaments and enjoy the competition. We have several pros living at Lake of the Ozarks and most of the local guides participate. You have to get to your spot quick and fish it hard. Good talking to you. I'll let you know about the crappie around TV in Jan/Feb.

F16 1UB
10-15-2007, 07:13 AM
And the saga continues - Getting worse.
Date 10/14/07 from 1-5 PM (Yeah Just 4 hours - Didn't want to watch Bengals lose. UGH!)
Weather 76 Deg & Clear, Lt Var Winds
Water Temp 70-72
12 Boats
8 Bass Caught
1st place 2 Bass 4.4 pounds
2nd place 2 bass 2.8 pounds (Me) Figures! Crankbaits.
Big Bass 2.4 Smallmouth
And so on.

There's a major 2 day state finals tournament here next weekend 10/20 & 21st. We'll try to get results. Also I'd expect many to go upstream and lock thru to the Markland Pool.

Note: I've been fishing the Ohio River since 1980. Water clarity could be compared to that of inland lakes it's that clear. Attribute this to Zebra Mussels and drought. Zebra Mussels may filter as much as 2.5 gallons of water per day. They were introduced to the water ways by barges emptying their ballasts. I first noticed them back in the 80's. And with this you'd think the River is clean. Recent news report last week on Cincinnati tv station said that the Ohio River is one of the worst polluted rivers in the country.

Steve

F16 1UB
10-23-2007, 07:24 PM
Date: Oct 20 & 21st
Ohio River McAlpine Pool
TBF KY State Bass Championship
98 Boats
2 Day Winning Weight 14.92 pounds
Top 12 anglers go to NC in June 2008 to comptete.

F16 1UB
11-13-2007, 03:48 PM
11/04/07

12 boats
1st place 5 SMALLMOUTH @ 11.3 pounds
Big Bass 2.9 SMALLMOUTH

Too embarrassing to give my weight for 2
Okay 3.13 whoopee
Probably caught 25 fish on crankbaits hoping to get limit of keepers. HOPING!

Winds 10-20 and gusts
Waves breaking over bow of boat. AND THIS IS FUN?
In the words of my late Father about boats " The older I get the wider and the deeper I want em"!

Steve

F16 1UB
11-13-2007, 04:06 PM
11/11/07

7 Boats
12 fish caught
1st place 4 bass (2 smallmouth & 2 largemouth) weight 8.015 pounds
2nd place 6 bass (2 smallmouth, 3 KY spotted bass, 1 largemouth) weight 8.00
Big Bass was a 3# something Smallmouth.
You should have heard the 2nd place guys. What a bunch of :edit: Can we weigh the shad that they spit up in our livewells? We all laughed.

I won't say what I had. Too embarrassing. See previous post. DeJaVu
Okay 2 that went 3.15 ( 1 largemouth and 1 KY spotted bass) Threw everything again but only got bit on crankbaits.

Dodged lightning bolts in mid 60's thunderstorm. Good ol Gortex. Is this April?

Water temp in upper 50's. Saw where 1st place boat was located. Hmmm. Rumor has it he won't be here for the next event which is the last one of the year. 11/25/07 :'( wah wah wah

Steve

F16 1UB
11-14-2007, 01:15 AM
11/12/07

11:30 AM - 4:45 PM

Update: Friend called and asked if I wanted to go prefish for our last event. Of course I said yes. 60 deg, cloudy, drizzlely, dreary day with light south winds. Water temp 57 degrees. Went upstream about 6 miles. Clarity and current were right. We're gonna tear em up today. Like hell. Caught one 12" largemouth. Crankbaits, tubes, jigs, stickbaits, silver buddy, spinnerbait and even a buzzbait. Never located the smallmouths. No spotted bass. Going again Friday after Thanksgiving. I picked a helluva time to quit drinking.

Steve

Irish Rover
11-14-2007, 03:31 AM
Steve - we are into whites and hybrids now. We've been knocking them dead on windy points and the back of coves. My grandkids love the white bass action and the occasional hybrid real raises the excitement threshold for them. This is all at Lake of the Ozarks. I hope to get some fishing in at TV when we get there in January. I'll let you know how we do.
Jim

F16 1UB
12-28-2007, 12:51 AM
Hey folks how bout some reports. Us weathered in northerners would appreciate it.

:pop:

Irish Rover
12-28-2007, 02:33 AM
F16 - We will be in TV on Sunday and I hope to give you a report on the fishing in that area. Another buddy and I are going to hit a lake and a river in the Villages area. As far as the Lake of the Ozarks is concerned, the fishing has been pretty good even with the cold weather. It's crank baits and jigs off of deep points. If you can handle the cold they are there.
Happy New Year. :bigthumbsup:

Muncle
12-28-2007, 02:43 AM
Rover,
Where are you in the Ozarks?

An aside ~ I was in St. Charles a couple years ago at an Uncle's funeral. At dinner one night (at Pio's) I mentioned that I had been looking at TV. Two cousins (named Reiling and Pallardy) said that an friend of theirs was just moving down here. Could that be you? I know St. Charles is now quite big, but I still think of it as a small town with one stop light (5th & Clay).

Irish Rover
12-28-2007, 02:57 AM
Hello Muncie - we are at the 45 mile marker on Lake of the Ozarks. I split time between St. Charles and Lake of the Ozarks. I rent in TV each year for two months (Jan - Feb) and have been for the last five years. I can't believe the growth that I've seen there. It's like a different place every year but still a very enjoyable place. St. Charles and St. Charles county are about like TV in that they have grown by leaps and bounds. The fastest growing area in Missouri. I know of at least 15 families from my immediate area who go to TV every year but on one who has moved there year round (Phil Hoffman). Don't know if that helps.
Happy New Year!!

F16 1UB
01-04-2008, 08:38 PM
Sure would be nice to see some results from you snowbirds. While we're iced in up north.
Anyone?

Irish Rover
01-05-2008, 01:52 PM
Steve - I just got my Florida license today and will hit a couple of TV ponds tomorrow. I'll give you a report. The fellow who heads UP the Fresh Water Fishing Club in TV game me some good info about the lakes here and around TV.
Stay warm.
Jim

Hyacinth Bucket
01-05-2008, 02:52 PM
Irish Rover/Jim,

Please post the info you received. I know we would like to have this knowledge and I am sure others would also - especially F16.

Thank you.

Hyacinth Bucket

Hyacinth Bucket
01-08-2008, 09:40 PM
A place to go fishing, where the fishing are jumping.

This was posted on another thread and I thought I would add it to this one.

Hyacinth Bucket

IT WAS POSTED BY SIDNEY LANIER

Talk of the Villages Forums / General Villages Discussion (Click Here) / Recommending a Great Day Trip! on: Yesterday at 11:43:11 PM
Our son Craig is an outdoors person, so when we were in TV around Thanksgiving, he took Quixote (his Spoiled Rotten-weiler) and went exploring/camping in our general area. He found Ozello, a delightful historic village on the Ozello Trail (actually in the Crystal River postal area), off Route 19 and barely an hour from TV. There he found an outfit that offers different types of water touring from Ozello.

We and Craig and his girlfriend took a Sunset Tour on a pontoon boat that holds six passengers max--and what a sunset we were treated to from among the offshore islands (just before the Gulf)--and as added bonuses got to watch dolphins 'playing' with their food (mullet) from as little as about 25 feet from the boat, beautiful huge white pelicans in the water, and ospreys in the trees!

The following day Craig and friend went back and rented kayaks for a half day and had the grandest time (while we ourselves had fun with Quixote back in TV)! Also available are airboat tours, guided kayak trips, fishing expeditions, snorkeling, scalloping in season, all at what we consider fair prices. If interested, take a ride down there--once off Route 19 it's a really pretty ride--or call Captain Russ at 352-212-6142 to make reservations for a particular offering. You can even say that "Craig's parents sent us"; that'll be a chuckle! There's also a great seafood restaurant another few miles down the Ozello Trail.

(Hope this isn't considered advertising; that's not my intention in posting but rather a suggestion about a question I've seen on TOTV asking about good day trips.)

F16 1UB
01-12-2008, 04:34 PM
:pop:

bassman
10-07-2008, 09:19 AM
Like to get info on the salt water club