PDA

View Full Version : Soundproof windows for lanai

Lil Dancer
09-01-2007, 07:41 PM
Does anyone know if there are contractors around that install soundproof windows on lanai's? the plain acrylic ones aren't, to my knowledge, soundproof. We are specifically looking for sound reduction on our lanai. any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!!

royr
09-03-2007, 07:04 PM
You probably need double pane glass windows. You may have permit issues with this though, since glass windows may make the lanai a "living space", and hence may need to meet building codes for living spaces, i.e. outlet spacing, A/C vents & main unit sizing, ceiling insualtion, etc. Talk to at least 3 contractors.

lm01
09-13-2007, 09:18 PM
Hello- I live on a busy street and replaced all my windows using Lowes and the Pella Replacement window. Really nice. !!!! If you decide to go for new replacement windows do several things.

1. Get windows filled with argon filled gas.
2. Order Windows with Low E.
3. Order window with a bronze sun film.
4. Insist that around the edge of the window in stuffed w/ insulation

The windows will Stop the transmission of sound great. Plus make the window as energy efficient as possible.
Worth the investment!!!! You will be very happy. Great product at a reasonable price. About 300.00 per window Plus installation. The window will get hot to the touch on the outside when the sun hits it but cool on the inside of the home. A+++++++++

Lil Dancer
09-14-2007, 11:43 AM
Thank you, we'll look into it.

dsettl
09-30-2007, 06:43 PM
I used Fairbanks Construction in Ocala. 1 800 743 8601 Nice People You are taxed for the extra room when it is glassed.