PDA

View Full Version : R/C B-29 & X15 Model Flyers

F16 1UB
09-10-2007, 08:28 PM
Enjoy these beautiful models with experience behind the stick.

Steve

http://users.skynet.be/fa926657/files/B29.wmv (http://users.skynet.be/fa926657/files/B29.wmv)

jjdees
09-10-2007, 08:49 PM
Steve, That was incredible. I always thought the remotes were small. I couldn't believe the the size of the transport. I also thought it was a goner when it seemed to be out of control and had lost it's lift. What a terrific hobby. Was that you at the controls?

JohnZ
09-10-2007, 10:06 PM
Awesome. Steve....thanks. I was stationed at Wright-Patterson from 1974-1976. Lived in Page Manor base housing right on Col. Glenn Hwy. directly across from the Air Force Museum and the old runway. Every year they had a huge....huge r/c show and national get-together. There were some fantastic old warbirds and some great flying (esp. pattern plane aerobatics) but I saw none there as large as the B-29 in your video. I once saw a flight of a large scale r/c model F-86 with a jet engine when model jet engines were first being introduced....awesome sound....speed is incredible and it requires a nibble and gentle hand on the controls I would imagine. The guy flying the 29 was extremely skillful (great low level inverted pass). I wonder how difficult it is maintain level trim on that beast. Thanks again.

chuckinca
09-10-2007, 10:15 PM
FANTASTIC ! ! !

B29 with a X-1 Just the right stuff!

F16 1UB
09-13-2007, 09:25 PM
Steve, That was incredible. I always thought the remotes were small. I couldn't believe the the size of the transport. I also thought it was a goner when it seemed to be out of control and had lost it's lift. What a terrific hobby. Was that you at the controls?

If that would have been me the flick would have been over during taxi. heh heh Glad you guys like it. And JZ I know exactly where you lived in Page Manor/Col Glenn area. Used to be a rib carryout restaurant close to Woodman and Airway I frequented.

Steve

golfnut
11-03-2007, 12:29 AM
Great video Steve, where were they flying at? Ed.

KILLICKB
11-06-2007, 03:22 PM
If you want to see Mac fly this beast attend the Top Gun show at Lakeland Linder Airport next March. He might also be at Florida Jets next year, also flown at Lakeland. A web search on either will get you the information on both of these world class invitational meets.

Barry K.