PDA

View Full Version : LAWNS

kennyb
09-11-2007, 11:38 AM
Just curious if any of you have had are am having problems with brown spots in your yards. I have never had this much trouble keeping my 'St. Augustine' green. When I was taking care of my yard, it seems I never had this problem. I've been through several so called 'professional' lawn care contractors during the past few years. The latest one under contract now keeps telling me that I need to water more. I am watering on the days I can and for the amount of time that I can. None of my neighbors seem to have this problem and they water less than I do. Any suggestions?

kar guy
09-11-2007, 11:46 AM
I BELIEVE I HAVE AN ANSWER TO YOUR PROBLEM. I HAVE THE SAME THING ON OCCASION IN OHIO AND WHAT I PUT ON MY LAWN IS 12 12 12 . IT SEEMS TO WORK GREAT. TAKES ABOUT 2 WEEKS TO ELIMINATE. HOPE IT WORKS FOR YOU. TAKE CARE KAR GUY

JohnZ
09-11-2007, 11:54 AM
Your problem could be Chinch bugs.

kennyb
09-11-2007, 04:52 PM
Hey Kar Guy and John Z, thanks for the input. Obviously I will be changing Lawn Care services again, because they were out today and said I needed to water more. This makes the 3rd Lawn Care company in as many years and by far, my yard is the worst it's been since I've bought. I, mistake that it is, turned over my complete lawn care to them. I have used 8-8-8 before but will try the 12-12-12 as we are getting into the rainy season now and not as hot.

Thanks again guys

golfnut
09-12-2007, 07:04 AM
I use Bay Area Pest for my lawn service and they do a great job, I would think if nothing else you can ask them to look at it and give you an estimate. If you need their number pm me.