PDA

View Full Version : Russian Fighter Jet Mig 29 Video

F16 1UB
09-14-2007, 03:12 PM
Watch this pilot toss his aircraft around. Is he better than our guys? We've got stealth plus vectoring exhaust. Place a garden hose in your hand. Allow 4" of the hose to protrude. You can move the end of the hose in any direction. This is similar to the operation of the jet exhaust. Simplified!

Steve May take 20 sec or so to load.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeiqMn7xb_Y

chuckinca
09-15-2007, 09:46 PM
How many planes do they have like that and how many stunt pilots that can fly them?

F16 1UB
09-16-2007, 07:24 AM
Sorry I can't answer either one of your questions. Just don't know. This tactic isn't new. May be new to the public but has been out for well over a decade. As for the pilot - most of the manuevers, even though you see the engines in afterburner, I'd guess aren't really done at high speeds. Our folks are the best in the world. Also I'm a whole bunch prejudice.

Steve

JohnZ
09-18-2007, 04:52 PM
Incredible. Almost looks like an F-18. The supercobra maneuver was particularly impressive. Good way to toss your cookies. I would think that fuel consumption would be an issue and the maneuvers all looked like low speed stuff. As a combat advantage....low speed....hmmmm....I just don't know. Pretty cool though.