PDA

View Full Version : Barbers

Reggie
09-20-2007, 10:02 AM
Can anyone reccomend a good barber shop in the area? How about the one Sumter Landing are they okay?

Villages Kahuna
09-20-2007, 12:00 PM
I've tried a few, even driving from Mallory Square to way up on 441 to try out a barber. There I used an old guy who claimed he was a Master Barber. It was the worst haircut I'd had in years.

Cal's Barbershop in Lake Sumter Landing has about a dozen barbers. It's convenient, of course. But you'll have to try out the various barbers to find one you like. I'd recommend Dan, who is my barber-of-choice after all my experimentation.

Frank2
09-20-2007, 12:01 PM
Reggie,

Try Leslie's on SR37/441 in the Baylee Plaza. Six barbers no waiting, usually, and the prices are reasonable. Both men and women barbers, opens at 7AM.

Good luck.

Taltarzac
09-20-2007, 01:16 PM
I've tried a few, even driving from Mallory Square to way up on 441 to try out a barber. There I used an old guy who claimed he was a Master Barber. It was the worst haircut I'd had in years.

Cal's Barbershop in Lake Sumter Landing has about a dozen barbers. It's convenient, of course. But you'll have to try out the various barbers to find one you like. I'd recommend Dan, who is my barber-of-choice after all my experimentation.

I have been to Cal's barbershops at LSL and near 441/27. I liked the ones I got at the LSL more than the one near the post office on 441/27. Usually I just take whatever barber is available as with the small amount of my hair, it is kind of hard to really mess it up. I just get it shorn close anyway. The flap over only works if you have enough hair for the flap ;D.

opbob77
09-21-2007, 09:49 AM
I found two women across from the driver's license office in the plaza in Wildwood. They are experienced and did a very nice job, and they only charge $12.

bamafan
09-21-2007, 09:16 PM
Does anyone know if there is going to be a barbershop in the new Colony Plaza?

Happy Villager
09-22-2007, 04:10 PM
There is one other shop that recently opened in Palm Ridge Plaza called "Buffalo's Barber Shop". Mark is the barber my husband uses. The shop is located across the street from Southern Trace. Palm Ridge Plaza is the first plaza before Buffalo Ridge where the new Walmart is located. The shop has 2 male and 5 female barbers and my husband is charged $10 for a haircut. The phone #205-7693.

marianne237
03-29-2008, 07:35 PM
There will be a new Cal's barber shop going up in Colony Plaza probably before the end of the summer. Heard this from one of the barbers at Cal's in LSL.

chuckinca
03-30-2008, 03:15 AM
There is one other shop that recently opened in Palm Ridge Plaza called "Buffalo's Barber Shop". Mark is the barber my husband uses. The shop is located across the street from Southern Trace. Palm Ridge Plaza is the first plaza before Buffalo Ridge where the new Walmart is located. The shop has 2 male and 5 female barbers and my husband is charged $10 for a haircut. The phone #205-7693.

I pay $10 in California for a haircut - you would think with the vast difference in the cost of living between the two states that a haircut in Florida would be more like $2.50. I know in my wife's profession (Dental Hygiene)that the wages in Cal are about four times higher than Florida - so why not the same ratio for haircuts?

SteveZ
04-07-2008, 05:51 PM
I found two women across from the driver's license office in the plaza in Wildwood. They are experienced and did a very nice job, and they only charge $12.

Been there as well - good 'cut' !

Happy62
05-24-2008, 02:49 PM
Richard Laird.. BayLee Plaza on 441.. $15 Wash/cut Salon St T

Bubbalarry
05-31-2008, 11:33 PM

Actually they have 4 woman with 2 usually working at a time. The spanish/mexican lady is the best.

Harry
06-01-2008, 03:02 AM
Cal's Barber Shop is up and running in Colony Plaza

blueeagle65
06-02-2008, 01:03 PM
Try The Family Haicutters in the strip mall across from the old Wal Mart on 27/441. The same place where Golf Cart Connection and Sam's St Johns are located. They do men & women and cuts on Fridays are $ 9 Nice folks and they have male & female cutters.