PDA

View Full Version : Holiday Parties (2) !! Please come!

karengfw
12-15-2013, 01:37 PM
Both Dec.20 at 5PM and New Years Eve at 7PM: Parties for Singles AND Couples - All Invited - BYOB and dish to share
(PM for address - in Country Club Hills/beautiful historic side)

(Well I tried posting the invite graphic here - ???, not sure why it's not showing)

BUT, Kitty recommended I repost the holiday party invitations on Singles to catch more of you all looking for some place to go - and you are certainly welcome here (heck, I'm single :)
Address will be provided in PM reply...

kittygilchrist
12-15-2013, 01:59 PM
thanks for the invite, Karen! Singles, here's a Christmas party that could go on for hours! PM Karen for the address. She was at Carol's Party and Joe's party if you met her there, I'll bet you remember her as a bubbly blonde girlie.
Kitty

2BNTV
12-15-2013, 04:31 PM
Count me in!!!

Enjoying Life
12-16-2013, 08:47 AM
I can't believe my luck, I am sad to say I will miss another opportunity to meet all of you. I fly out Friday morning for Christmas with my family back home in PA. I wish all you singles a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. Hopefully 2014 will be my year to meet new single friends and finally be able to make it to one of your gatherings.

Linda

Both Dec.20 at 5PM and New Years Eve at 7PM: Parties for Singles AND Couples - All Invited - BYOB and dish to share

(Well I tried posting the invite graphic here - ???, not sure why it's not showing)

BUT, Kitty recommended I repost the holiday party invitations on Singles to catch more of you all looking for some place to go - and you are certainly welcome here (heck, I'm single :)

maryc@compasshrm.com
12-16-2013, 11:55 AM

Good morning! Would love some place to go NYE. What is the address?

Mary Corbett

karengfw
12-16-2013, 01:56 PM
Thanks, Kitty, for the call and nice comments. I hope to host everyone that would like to have fun. Seems our weather may cooperate even! The "invitations" with the address are floating around. Please share and if you need the address, just PM me and I'll send it to you ;-)

Villages PL
12-16-2013, 02:34 PM
I would come if I thought it would make me feel better. But I doubt that it will. I don't mean any offense to anyone. I'm sure you are all very nice people. As some of you might know, I don't smoke, don't drink and don't eat processed foods. That being the case, how would I be celebrating New Year's Eve? I would be what's known as "a wet blanket". :jester: Besides I plan on being in bed by 11:00 pm. (watch what you're thinking, I mean in bed by myself.) :D

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

:thumbup:

Doctommft
12-16-2013, 04:56 PM

Karen:

Please PM me with directions. I plan to make both parties. I will bring a large fruit assortment to both.

Looking forward to a nice Christmas season with new friends.

Tom

maybe
12-16-2013, 06:09 PM
I would come if I thought it would make me feel better. But I doubt that it will. I don't mean any offense to anyone. I'm sure you are all very nice people. As some of you might know, I don't smoke, don't drink and don't eat processed foods. That being the case, how would I be celebrating New Year's Eve? I would be what's known as "a wet blanket". :jester: Besides I plan on being in bed by 11:00 pm. (watch what you're thinking, I mean in bed by myself.) :D

Few people have smoked at these parties, and always outdoors anyway. No need to drink alcohol or get drunk to have fun at parties. I rarely drink alcohol. Maybe one drink at a party, and I assure you that was not what made the party a good time. Processed food? Not all food at the parties is processed, and certainly not when you are asked to bring a dish yourself. In my lifetime, I have often brought a food I like to a party just to be sure I would not go hungry in case I did not like the other foods. Midnight? Just pretend you are in an earlier time zone, and celebrate at 10PM our time. Others might join in just for the fun! All it takes is a decision on your part to enjoy the company at the party.

KathieI
12-16-2013, 06:20 PM
VP, I can't be around people who smoke and no one smokes inside the house. If anything, they might congregate outside on the lanai. But I have never smelled any smoke, myself.

As for drinking, you can always bring bottled water with lemon, no one would give it a second thought. You probably don't drink sodas but I'm sure there will be plenty at the party. (don't blame you about the sodas, uck).

Also you can always bring some organic veggie dish that will be your main snack with some homemade hummus??? All sounds good to me. I'm sure everyone would be excited to finally meet you and not even think twice about what you do or don't do.

But, the $64,000 question,,, do you dance??? lol.... that's important!!!!

Please go and have fun. Everyone will greet you with open arms.

karengfw
12-17-2013, 08:27 AM
Thanks for that great response to VP all. I agree that processed food sucks and smoke does too but HOLIDAY CHEER would do you good - I love veggies and home made hummus (shall I make some?). I will make coffee with my filtered water and share my tea bags with you, or just share the filtered water(?) - You would be welcome to just come with your smile and holiday spirit :)

karengfw
12-17-2013, 08:31 AM
VP, I can't be around people who smoke and no one smokes inside the house. If anything, they might congregate outside on the lanai. But I have never smelled any smoke, myself.

But, the $64,000 question,,, do you dance??? lol.... that's important!!!!

Please go and have fun. Everyone will greet you with open arms.

OH, yes, KathieI - I hope there will be some DANCING! I've got some great holiday tunes! (and more...)

karengfw
12-17-2013, 10:30 PM
Karen:

Please PM me with directions. I plan to make both parties. I will bring a large fruit assortment to both.

Looking forward to a nice Christmas season with new friends.

Tom

OK, Tom, I've PM'd you my address. Looking forward to meeting you!

2BNTV
12-17-2013, 11:48 PM

I think you can still make your bedtime and be at the party. Bring water and a healthy dish so you can eat that, unless someone brings a good hot meal of ??????.

You don't smoke, you don't drink and don't eat processed foods. Do you play the violin? You may be my uncle Joe's lost brother. :jester:

An inside joke in my family. :smiley: I would have to tell you the whole story.

Hope you can make it, as we are a fun group!!!

Happyliz
12-18-2013, 10:39 AM
I would love to come to the New Years Eve party. I don't know how to PM for the address

quirky3
12-19-2013, 07:57 AM
Hi Karen! I sent you a PM - I'm hoping to join you at the New Years Eve Party thanks so much for being a great hostess!

karengfw
12-19-2013, 07:13 PM
Bump

kathy44
12-23-2013, 06:37 PM
Sounds like u need to come just to talk to people, forget food or drink, have water!

kittygilchrist
12-27-2013, 08:11 AM
At one time, Bill and I were thinking of hosting for NY Eve, and then Karen stepped up to offer her home for the singles for NY Eve. It sounds like too much fun!
Kitty

2BNTV
12-27-2013, 09:05 AM
At one time, Bill and I were thinking of hosting for NY Eve, and then Karen stepped up to offer her home for the singles for NY Eve. It sounds like too much fun!
Kitty

Are you saying you and Bill, will attend Karen's Party?

Curious minds, want to know!

kittygilchrist
12-27-2013, 09:37 AM
Are you saying you and Bill, will attend Karen's Party?

Curious minds, want to know!

Well yeah, I think he's going....you so funny.

karengfw
12-29-2013, 01:11 PM
Thanks, Kitty, Bill, Joe, Carol, Terri, Chacha and everyone - I hope we can toast 2014 together Tuesday nite in my cul-de-sac! I'm making "Caramel Macchiato Martinis"! Come on over!
-Karen

KathieI
12-29-2013, 01:23 PM
Thanks, Kitty, Bill, Joe, Carol, Terri, Chacha and everyone - I hope we can toast 2014 together Tuesday nite in my cul-de-sac! I'm making "Caramel Macchiato Martinis"! Come on over!
-Karen

Wouldn't miss it for the world.
Think I'm bringing a few more peeps.
Yayyyyy!!!
This will be us!!!

http://www.dazzlejunction.com/graphics-holiday/happy-new-year/new-year-red.gif (http://www.dazzlejunction.com/)

ConeyIsBabe
12-29-2013, 08:11 PM

Villages PL, we'd probably be good friends (have a lot in common). All of the above is ditto for me plus I don't eat gluten or dairy and I don't drive at night (poor night vision). But I do dance :p

Happy New Year to all the TV friends I haven't met yet ! Rosalee in the frozen tundra of Oregon !

chachacha
12-29-2013, 08:25 PM
well, i don't smoke nor drink and i am bringing healthy cut cantaloupe to the party! i hope you will join us, Villages Pl, as there is a friend for everyone in a group like ours! and coney island, hope the new year will bring you to the bubble! rest up!! :)

maybe
12-30-2013, 12:24 AM
What?! After all our well laid plans to run off together as the year ended, you now say cantaloupe New Year's Eve?
:-(

senior citizen
12-30-2013, 02:46 PM

2BNTV
12-30-2013, 03:23 PM
Remember that you are a "reformed" Grinch as 2014 is being ushered in.

GO and HAVE FUN.........take an afternoon nap or sleep late the next morning......bring one of these appetizers or "side dishes" and you will be a hit. No cooking except for the grilled veggies.

Spinach Salad
A bed of Baby Spinach mixed with Sweet Dried Cranberry and Cracked Walnuts (Balsamic vinagrette dressing.....if desired....or optional)

Grilled Veggie Sandwiches:
Grilled Eggplant, Zucchini, Roasted Red Peppers, Pesto, and Provolone Cheese on Artisan Bread or Ciabatta Bread

Tomato Basil Salad:
Basil Pesto, Tomato, Baby Spinach and Fresh Mozzarella

Nuts are a perfect accompaniment to cocktails, beer and wine. Nutritionists no longer view nuts as salty, fatty and high-calorie junk food. Nuts are loaded with protein, fiber, vitamins, antioxidants and healthy monounsaturated fats. Spicy candied cashew recipes are out there if you want to go wild.

There are a number of vegan-friendly dips, including guacamole, hummus, white bean puree and lentil pates. These would be great to share. Everyone loves guacamole (avocado) dip with health chips.

Bruschetta is a classic Mediterranean appetizer and consists of grilled, garlic-rubbed bread topped with extra-virgin olive oil and toppings made with vegetables. If you use a baguette or other vegan-friendly bread, there are a variety of options. A classic Italian topping involves fresh tomatoes either sliced and topped with basil leaves or diced tomatoes with basil.

If you are in the mood, make some spring rolls.....very healthy oriental type appetizer.....

You don't have to change your screen name to open up a whole new world of friendship which is being offered to you with these singles.

The simplest thing to bring would be an assortment of nuts !!!!
I was just giving you other options above.

You could also bring the "roast beast" but abstain......just bring your carving knife. Remember. A reformed Grinch. Have fun.

SC:

Are you talking about me, and my friends? :jester:

senior citizen
12-30-2013, 03:35 PM

TVMayor
12-30-2013, 04:20 PM
Not at all.

If you look at my post, I was responding to Villages PL, encouraging him to go to the New Year's Eve party and listing a few non processed foods he might bring..........the nuts being the easiest. He gave himself the name of The Grinch.....read another post; not sure where it might be now.....it began as a post about Santa bringing toys, etc.....

You enjoy yourself too.......happy 2014.
It was a joke dude.:1rotfl:

kittygilchrist
12-30-2013, 05:57 PM
What?! After all our well laid plans to run off together as the year ended, you now say cantaloupe New Year's Eve?
:-(
LOL, I'll bring the ladder Sweetie, and we CAN ELOPE!
oh aren't we having fun. I hope Julie will join us for the holiday!
Kitty

Doctommft
12-30-2013, 11:15 PM
Karen:

I'm planning to attend again. Had a good time last week and met some new singles. I'll bring the Fresh Market assorted fruit again. It was finished fast.

Tom

RETIREDSFW
12-31-2013, 09:39 AM
Wish I could come, but I have had a bad cold since Christmas Eve. Wishing everyone a Happy New Year. Hope to see everyone next time.
Sandra

Doctommft
12-31-2013, 04:23 PM
Hi Karen! I sent you a PM - I'm hoping to join you at the New Years Eve Party thanks so much for being a great hostess!

Quirty:

See you tonight! Hope I don't trip you with my walker.

Tom Z.