PDA

View Full Version : Need a financial advisor..

jazzeoneaj
12-17-2013, 12:59 PM
Does any one have suggestions for a good...financial advisor?

I've been with Wells Fargo Advisors and have not been happy with them..
one advisor lost a lot of my money thro poor management and he was let go from the company for other reasons I heard..............and the person who took over for him...well..I'm not satisfied either.

I'm looking for someone that will have a 2 way conversation.
Thanks.

villagetinker
12-17-2013, 04:03 PM
I have used Ameriprise for almost 10 years, and am really happy. I have NOT dealt with the local (Villages) office of 466, my advisor is actually in PA where we moved from. He flies down here 2-3 times per year as he has several clients in the villages. Should be seeing him later in January or February.

Villages PL
12-17-2013, 04:14 PM
Does any one have suggestions for a good...financial advisor?

I've been with Wells Fargo Advisors and have not been happy with them..
one advisor lost a lot of my money thro poor management and he was let go from the company for other reasons I heard..............and the person who took over for him...well..I'm not satisfied either.

I'm looking for someone that will have a 2 way conversation.
Thanks.

What did your advisor have you invested in? Indiviidual stocks? Mutual funds? Bonds? Bond funds? Foreign stocks? Other?

When did you get started with them? Before the market crashed?

What do you think went wrong? What was his mistake?

jazzeoneaj
12-17-2013, 06:40 PM
I am in a 'diverse' portfolio, I have an annuity that gives disbursements..everything is fine there..I just need someone who is more 'communicative' and doesn't just 'stare' at you when you ask a question.

Again, its communication, someone who may 'suggest' for you and just communicates better.

thank you.

someone mentioned Fidelity..but I don't know much about them.
Just a general 'financial advisor' is what I would like.

billethkid
12-17-2013, 07:41 PM
as you look for a financial advisor give consideration to how they make their money.
Fee based? Commission?
The first more assures they are working to improve your holdings.
The second more assures they are working to improve their holdings.

btk[/U][/B].

bogeybabe
12-17-2013, 08:17 PM
Graunke and Hentz....in Baylee Plaza on 441. They do well for us. Highly reccomend!!!

keithwand
12-18-2013, 10:41 AM
Annuity; 1st mistake.

Houselover
12-19-2013, 08:49 AM
First rule is to understand that no one cares more about your money than you do. They get paid whether or not you make money or not..Most advisors and mutual fund managers don't beat the s&p 500 average each year..That said, unless you are willing to get personally involved you are better off in an index fund or total market fund. Good luck..

l2ridehd
12-19-2013, 11:50 AM
As already said, ALWAYS understand how they are paid. Also understand how expensive the products they want you to use cost. Things like front end loaded funds, transaction fee's, expense ratios on recommended funds and any other costs. Most advisors will end up costing you close to 2% a year for the money they manage. Their fee's plus the cost of products and transactions. That means they have to do 2% better then the markets just for you to break even. Most can't do it.

Again as already been said a mix of very low cost index mutual funds from Vanguard, Fidelity or Schwab that cover total stock market, total international market and total bond market will beat most advisors. That can be accomplished using a single fund like Vanguard Life Strategy moderate or conservative growth fund with a very low cost. That fund is made up with a fixed % of 4 other funds that cover all the diversity any investor needs.