PDA

View Full Version : KMart boxer ad.

Taltarzac725
12-27-2013, 10:04 AM
What do you think of this ad?

Ceafolks
12-27-2013, 11:20 AM
As a former commercial copy writer and producer I think it's great. It grabs your attention and it makes you laugh. It does its job. Now my wife...the little redheaded girl.. likes it for several very different reasons. :clap2:

USSGompers
12-27-2013, 12:00 PM
Hot, Hot, Hot....hubby hates it...:)

samhass
12-27-2013, 12:45 PM
:clap2: I thought it was cute.

kittygilchrist
12-27-2013, 12:45 PM
I don't see an ad. My boxer Emma, doesn't seem to see it either.

patfla06
12-27-2013, 03:34 PM
Makes me laugh every time I see it!
(But I don't ever shop at KMart).

TrudyM
12-27-2013, 03:45 PM
I think it is in poor taste, as it runs in time slots that are considered family time slots. Years ago the censors never would have allowed it. If they had left off the end it wouldn't be so bad also the version that zooms in on the smiley face with the tongue sticking out is over the top.

geri317
12-27-2013, 03:54 PM
Love, love, love it!!!

jpharmat
12-27-2013, 06:14 PM
I thought that it was inappropriate.

Peachie
12-27-2013, 06:28 PM
That ad cracked me up, I laughed so hard. Thought it was a hoot but wouldn't want to see anything more revealing! :shocked:

After all the years of watching all the T&A for men on TV including: female newscasters, weather people, cooking in the kitchen and so forth displaying their cleavage ad nauseum, it felt like someone just slipped a shoe on the other foot. :MOJE_whot:

manaboutown
12-27-2013, 06:42 PM
It repulses me.

Trish Miller
12-27-2013, 06:53 PM
I think its VERY inappropriate, especially if young children see it.....

LianaB
12-27-2013, 08:05 PM
I like it, but only saw it on youtube. Still, it's very tame compared to what you see women doing on primetime tv...

JP
12-27-2013, 08:30 PM
I think it is crass.

For all the women that like the ad, how would you like an ad with a row of women shaking there chests to jingle bells?

Probably not.

Peachie
12-27-2013, 08:52 PM
I think it is crass.

For all the women that like the ad, how would you like an ad with a row of women shaking there chests to jingle bells?

Probably not.

My goodness, where have you been over the last twenty years? You were not watching TV, I guess.

Women have been so sexualized on TV that it's pathetic. It appears few woman on TV are worth their salt unless they have the girls on display, wearing extremely tight clothing, parade around on stilty shoes or are put in very suggestive positions. Women have to shake more than their chests to get a job while men can wander around in the three piece suit and not worry about such demeaning requirements.

I often think women have fallen way behind in the equality battle.

Peachie
12-27-2013, 08:53 PM
I like it, but only saw it on youtube. Still, it's very tame compared to what you see women doing on primetime tv...

I think you speak volumes!

JP
12-27-2013, 08:57 PM
I think if you had a similar ad with women doing what the men in the kmart ad are doing, the women of America would be in a huge outcry.

I would say the same thing about that ad....crass.

I could also add: too overtly sexual, gross, demeaning, unnecessary.....

Peachie
12-27-2013, 08:59 PM
I think if you had a similar ad with women doing what the men in the kmart ad are doing, the women of America would be in a huge outcry.

Does the Victoria's Secret Lingerie show on TV ring any bells? Again, this KMart ad is nothing compared to what I have seen required of women on TV. How about Peg and Al Bundy and their daughter, portrayed by Christina Applegate. We could probably start a thread of TV shows portraying women in a sexual or trashy way and fill 2-3 pages.

Barefoot
12-27-2013, 08:59 PM
My goodness, where have you been over the last twenty years? You were not watching TV, I guess.

Women have been so sexualized on TV that it's pathetic. It appears few woman on TV are worth their salt unless they have the girls on display, wearing extremely tight clothing, parade around on stilty shoes or are put in very suggestive positions. Women have to shake more than their chests to get a job while men can wander around in the three piece suit and not worry about such demeaning requirements.

I think the boxer ad is cute.

Miley Cyrus gets far more play, and I don't think she is cute at all.

LianaB
12-27-2013, 09:13 PM
I really like the original ad better
Vaughn Lowery-Joe Boxer KMart Christmas Commercial - YouTube

LianaB
12-27-2013, 09:15 PM
Oh wait... equal time
Joe Boxer - Antler Boogie - YouTube

manaboutown
12-27-2013, 10:46 PM
This ad was so disgusting that after I finished throwing up I resolved to never shop at K Mart again. I will stick to Costco, Walmart and Target.

Peachie
12-27-2013, 10:52 PM
This ad was so disgusting that after I finished throwing up I resolved to never shop at K Mart again. I will stick to Victoria's Secret, Costco, Walmart and Target.

You may want to throw out the football teams too like the Dallas Cowboys. Their cheerleaders would really upset your tummy. Go K Mart!

Patty55
12-28-2013, 12:50 PM
What do you think of this ad?

What ad?

Mr Hanky
12-28-2013, 12:54 PM
I think it was cheese. Mostly because it was using Christmas as it's platform.

Diva Kay
12-28-2013, 01:02 PM
I laughed each time it came on as well.

Peachie
12-28-2013, 01:09 PM
I think it was cheese. Mostly because it was using Christmas as it's platform.

That's a thought but then again, isn't most of what people do to celebrate Christmas, cheese? Running around fulfilling the materialism appetite to say nothing of all the drinking, food stuffing to celebrate Christmas are hardly worthy Christian goals but it's done anyway. My hats off to the people who use this Holy Day to honor Christ by serving those in true need, loneliness and spending QUALITY time with family. :shrug:

But you're right, I will contact K Mart and ask them to redo this ad with a different theme and not Christmas.

quirky3
12-28-2013, 01:16 PM
Well, I haven't noticed anyone being outraged by the sports team cheerleaders shaking their booty during prime team. How about a furious boycott of all sports programs with cheerleaders? What's the difference?

"Quid pro quo, Clarisse!"

Peachie
12-28-2013, 01:33 PM
Well, I haven't noticed anyone being outraged by the sports team cheerleaders shaking their booty during prime team. What's the difference?

Gender.

graciegirl
12-28-2013, 01:41 PM
I really thought it did it's job. Certainly eye catching. I tried to get Sweetie the gold pair with the bell but couldn't find it.

graciegirl
12-28-2013, 01:56 PM
What ad?

This one.

Kmart's Joe Boxer Christmas Commercial Stirs Controversy With Men Shaking Boxers with Jingle Bells | Video - ABC News (http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/kmarts-joe-boxer-christmas-commercial-stirs-controversy-men-20938207)

Patty55
12-28-2013, 02:02 PM
I think it's cute.

I don't think I've ever been to a K-mart but if that's what goes on there I'll try it.

rdhdleo
12-28-2013, 02:26 PM
Very cute and kudos to those have posted about the cheerleaders and various ads using women... lighten up guys... it was all in fun even my husband laughed....and you see MUCH worse on TV and in theaters these days.... just my opinion of course ;)

JP
12-28-2013, 04:58 PM
I guess us men are a lot 'sexier' than I thought we were.

My apologies but also.... thanks!

I'm going to the grocery store right now and shake my booty!

soldjudy
12-28-2013, 07:38 PM
Loved it - finally something for the women. Women were calling the stores to find out which aisle these guys were working in.

samhass
12-28-2013, 07:43 PM

:agree: Amen, Peachie.

samhass
12-28-2013, 07:45 PM
I really thought it did it's job. Certainly eye catching. I tried to get Sweetie the gold pair with the bell but couldn't find it.

Good one, Gracie!!! LMBO

Here2Stay
12-28-2013, 07:57 PM
I thought that it was inappropriate.

Clever ad and frankly funny, I would rather see this than watching ads all throughout the day on "erectile dysfunction" The ad is great marketing and certainly in better taste than so many other inappropriate ads

Taltarzac725
12-29-2013, 10:07 AM
This one.

Kmart's Joe Boxer Christmas Commercial Stirs Controversy With Men Shaking Boxers with Jingle Bells | Video - ABC News (http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/kmarts-joe-boxer-christmas-commercial-stirs-controversy-men-20938207)

Thanks for posting that graciegirl. My Mom really hates that ad so I thought I better not post it as she might see this at some point. ;)

I thought it clever and funny. Might be a little inappropriate at certain times of the day if shown to younger kids but then again if you look how far what acceptable behavior has changed with what is in even mild TV shows and movies, I am having a hard time making that argument. A lot of the 8 p.m. shows on the major networks are a lot raunchier and much less clever.

ronsroni
12-29-2013, 10:30 AM
I have NEVER considered myself to be prudish in any sense of the word. Until now, that is. I am flummoxed at the need for some to envision dangling participles as a form of entertainment. How many copycats this holiday season?. you tube must be exploding. This is not a pretty sight, even in ones mind. I suppose that seeing it on the air at 10:35 AM on channel 4 in NY was what put me over the edge. My grandkids were watching TV and flipped to this commercial squealing about how funny it is to watch and 'where are the bells?' blurted about the room. The only thing missing is sense-around and a musky smell. I dunno. Somehow I think that there must be some kind of limit set. Gong Show, anyone?