PDA

View Full Version : Trader Joes

DDoug
10-07-2007, 07:51 PM
Dont know if you ever heard of Trader Joes but it is a great store. none in Florida but if enough people email Traderjoes.com they will probably build one in this area. Great prices on wine and all kinds of food stuffs. Everyone send of your emails and see if we can get one here.

kitscottage
10-08-2007, 08:27 AM
Trader Joes is a gourmet food store that is reasonably priced. It would be great in TV, but would create competition with the new Sweetwater Bay's

pgilson
10-08-2007, 08:35 AM
Trader Joe's sells 2 buck Chuck!

Avista
10-08-2007, 09:09 AM
We had a Sweet Bay near us in Tampa. It was a traditional supermarket---never thought of it as gourmet. Perhaps this one will be different.

I've been to a Trader Joe's. Now that is SOME shopping experience!

bargee
10-08-2007, 09:38 AM
I already wrote to them,send those emails folks.

KathieI
10-08-2007, 11:13 AM
Coming to TV from Los Angeles in Nov. and am looking for more gourmet shopping like Trader Joe's but you just answered my question. Too bad they're not in TV yet. Does anyone know if there is a Whole Foods Market? Or any other organic vegetables and meats store? Thanks, :dontknow:

coach
10-08-2007, 03:43 PM
A Fresh Market grocery has been announced for Buffalo Ridge Shopping Center. Look them up on the internet. I think you will be pleased and surprised

KathieI
10-09-2007, 08:53 PM
Thanks, Coach. I checked on Fresh Market and it looks very very good. The current closest one is near Pine Hills near Orlando. But I also checked website for Whole Foods and found they have one in Winter Park. Not sure where that is but well worth the trip.

I also check Publix website and they have some natural and organic foods. Thanks for your help. See you Nov. 1.... Kathie

mrskkb
10-12-2007, 12:55 PM
There is a Fresh Market in Gainesville.

The Whole Foods in Winter Park is so-so.Very small.

The day I went the fish was awful looking. Not much of a meat market.

I never went back.

I was spoiled with the 2 two huge stores in Ft.Lauderdale.

I have e-mailed Whole Foods consistently for 2 years to come here.

I am thrilled that Fresh Market will be ready to open next summer.

Villages Kahuna
10-13-2007, 01:23 AM
Trader Joes would be an ideal addition to The Villages. But seeing that TJ doesn't have any stores in Florida, it would be hard to imagine that TV would be their first choice.

We enjoyed our big, new Whole Foods store as well as Trader Joes "up north". The Whole Foods in Winter Park is a little brother or "red-headed stepchild" of the newer, bigger Whole Foods stores. Visit there if you happen to be in the area for other reasons, but it sure isn't worth a special trip. Kind of disappointing.

We have high hopes for a greater selection of prepared fresh foods at the soon-to-open SweetBay in TV. If it doesn't turn out to meet our high expectations, we'll be very disappointed. Publix is OK for standard grocery items, but we really miss the wider selection of prepared foods, specialty bakery and gourmet items we became used to at a couple local groceries in Chicago's north shore 'burbs.

renielarson
05-26-2008, 03:42 AM
Sweetbay hasn't come anywhere close to my expectations of quality foods. What a disappointment, IMHO! I would have hoped TV would have had better sense with selecting a store to be located in the midst of LSL. Again, IMHO, not a wise decision on TV's part.

Publix is better but no where near the quality or with the selection that Trader Joe's or Whole Foods market has...as we have up here in Michigan. Whole Foods is a HUGE store here. Trader Joe's isn't as big but their stock is different and the prices on some items (fish, to be exact) are much better.

Sidney Lanier
05-26-2008, 03:38 PM
Trader Joe's is very special, and maybe bombarding them with emails describing TV would just help them consider going a market survey. Our nearest TJ is about 50 miles, too far for a routine shopping trip (especially given the price of gas...), but we do stop there on every trip to visit an elderly aunt and uncle outside Hartford and our semiannual runs up to Boston. To have one in TV would be mahvelous!!!

http://traderjoes.com/contact_us.html

ssw
05-26-2008, 10:10 PM
My daughter lives in LA area and when I go to visit, I always stock up at Trader Joe's. I'm in, will email today. All natural food and great prices.

renielarson
05-27-2008, 12:30 AM
I sent an email to Trader Joe's earlier today.

barb1191
05-27-2008, 01:02 AM
Trader Joe's is very special, and maybe bombarding them with emails describing TV would just help them consider going a market survey. Our nearest TJ is about 50 miles, too far for a routine shopping trip (especially given the price of gas...), but we do stop there on every trip to visit an elderly aunt and uncle outside Hartford and our semiannual runs up to Boston. To have one in TV would be mahvelous!!!

http://traderjoes.com/contact_us.html

I emailed them requesting they research our community for a very profitable consideration to opening a facility in TV.

beady
05-27-2008, 01:07 AM
Just sent out an e-mail to Trader Joe's.

Fabulous place ...we need one here...it is unique and nothing like Sweetbay or Fresh Market.

Keep those e-mails coming or going!!!!!!

another Linda
05-27-2008, 01:16 AM
Trader Joe's sells 2 buck Chuck!

Sign of the times ... On our last trip to Baltimore we discovered it is now 3 buck chuck.