Best month??

Closed Thread
Old 05-19-2019, 04:04 PM
Question Best month??

What month is the best month to sell your home yourself??
Old 05-19-2019, 04:45 PM

Speaking from the buyer perspective - I watched for ~18 months. All the time, all year long.

You get more PEOPLE LOOKING during the Jan-Feb-Mar months, but I can not connect that to more homes sold. Many of the realtors have monthly stats (but again, that is for only homes that are in the MLS (it does not include VLS or FSBO home sales).

Personally, I think the single best thing you can do is to get GOOD QUALITY PHOTOS (including drone photos of the house and surrounding areas).

I know this is a bit off topic, but I wrote in hoping this helps you.
Old 05-20-2019, 05:12 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,093 Times in 1,328 Posts

Every month. If you are not on the market you might miss that buyer looking now.
Old 05-20-2019, 10:51 AM

Lyle has shared some good info here, but remember: This is MLS listings only. It is 1/3 of the story. Another 1/3 are VLS and FSBO homes.

What I do find good here is the SF costs for each area / each type of house. This can HELP get you to the right asking / sales price. IF you take into account the FSBO savings in your asking /sales price, it should spark a shorter time
fro your house to be on the market.
Old 05-20-2019, 12:50 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,874 Times in 948 Posts
Default Selling a home

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFISHER54 View Post
What month is the best month to sell your home yourself??
Frankly while it is an intelligent question there is no simple intelligent answer.

You can probably look up the month in which more homes are sold.
The fact is YOU are selling ONE home to ONE buyer not at all an average statistic.

We sold our home in the north in only two weeks. We did it at the worst time of the year December for the north. We did use a broker. I'm sure you will find people who have sat on a home for a year or more. Compared to others, with whatever issues,
we had a great experience.

Selling without a broker? My OPINION, you think you will save the commission. The problem is a buyer looking at for sale by owner, is doing that THINKING they will save the commission.
The problem is obvious, both the buyer and the seller cannot save the same commission.

YOU? If a buyer comes in and wonders who was stupid enough to choose that color paint or put that tree there will you be offended as you chose that paint or you remember planting that tree with ?????????? If a buyer says they will be over at 10:00 and they show up hours late etc etc etc
Closed Thread

Tags
month, sell, home

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.