Birdcage or Pergola?

Old 04-10-2013, 06:50 PM
Default Birdcage or Pergola?

Hi,
I was wondering which would add more re-sale value to our home down the line, should we decide to sell. The birdcage is ok, offers protection from the critters. Pergolas WITH screens would also keep the critters out. Does it matter?

Thanks for input

Old 04-10-2013, 07:23 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle C. View Post
Hi,
I was wondering which would add more re-sale value to our home down the line, should we decide to sell. The birdcage is ok, offers protection from the critters. Pergolas WITH screens would also keep the critters out. Does it matter?

Thanks for input
I'll suggest a birdcage in good condition would be much more likely to add resale value, especially if it is one of the new 'pillared' type of cages which blends so well with the house itself. That is also the virtue of a pergola, although I have never seen one which is screened in.

Old 04-10-2013, 07:54 PM
Gold member

friends of ours have a screen in one, connected to their lanai - screening covers both and makes one really large area, half covered by the lanai roof. Seemed wonderful to me.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.