Buying, Then Selling Question

Closed Thread
Old 02-03-2014, 05:53 PM
Sage
Default Buying, Then Selling Question

My wife and I own a home in TV and live here full time. If, in a couple years we would like to move within TV to a different home, is there a "best" way to do this? We're not really interested in renting our house out. And we don't wan't to move twice. So that would mean buying first and then selling.

We could just absorb the costs of two homes after buying the second home while we try to sell the first home. But if there are any "tricks" or methods to minimizing the headaches and cost of owning two homes during the process, I'd sure like to hear about them.

Related question...buying the second home before selling the first could mean a withdrawal of some funds from a 457 account. Any hints on how to best deal with taxes?

Thanks.
Old 02-03-2014, 10:21 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polar Bear View Post
My wife and I own a home in TV and live here full time. If, in a couple years we would like to move within TV to a different home, is there a "best" way to do this? We're not really interested in renting our house out. And we don't wan't to move twice. So that would mean buying first and then selling.

We could just absorb the costs of two homes after buying the second home while we try to sell the first home. But if there are any "tricks" or methods to minimizing the headaches and cost of owning two homes during the process, I'd sure like to hear about them.

Related question...buying the second home before selling the first could mean a withdrawal of some funds from a 457 account. Any hints on how to best deal with taxes?

Thanks.
We have done that. Took out a mortgage with Citizens, then paid it off after selling home number one.
Old 02-04-2014, 04:17 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

We bought 2nd house first

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.