Confused about Villages that are not The Villages

Closed Thread
Old 05-22-2014, 12:34 PM
Default Confused about Villages that are not The Villages

So, I've been living on Zillow looking at homes in TV, but unfortunately, when you do a search there for TV it only maps out a part of the areas I know to be part of TV. I found another map online that draws boundaries for each village, so it makes looking up listings pretty easy, but it includes some villages which don't appear to be full members of The Villages; of particular note is Spring Arbor Village. It is a family-friendly neighborhood with "quick access to all the public amenities of The Villages". I would write it off as a non-Villages village, but it is listed on the official Villages website as a Village!? I'm confused. Are the other villages which are part of TV but don't have access to TV full amenities? I'd like to buy near Spanish Springs so Del Mar, El Cortez, Mira Mesa and others (all color-coded on my map the same as Spring Arbor, BTW) look like good choices unless they are somehow not fully recognized Villages. TIA!
Old 05-22-2014, 01:24 PM
Location: Lived in Chatham for 3 years. Moved to Mira Mesa in 2009

Spring Arbor is part of TV but, was established originally for employees of The Villages. It is a family village, allowing children and does not have amenities that other villagers have. It is also not golf cart accessible with the only entrance being on Rt 466.
The other villages that you mention are all in The Villages with full amenities. I live in Mira Mesa and love it. We still have all the old oak trees that give plenty of shade. And, by the way, if you buy in Lake County, there is NO bond.
Old 05-22-2014, 01:44 PM
Sage
Spring Arbor, Bison Valley, and Oak Meadows are the three family-friendly villages that are adjacent to The Villages, but not part of TV. All the other villages you mention are part of TV.
Old 05-22-2014, 02:14 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Also do not be confused with The Villages of Parkwood...This is NOT the Villages in any way shape or form. This is a family community directly behind Bison Valley but you would be advised by many to perform your "due dilligence" before investing any money into this community.
Old 05-22-2014, 02:29 PM
Sage

Santa, have you ever visited TV? I know there aren't many children here, but maybe you took a vacay here?
I recommend you USE two realtors. The best website is Bev Shive and Micki Morrison. They will help you with all listings NOT officially in TV. Call one of them, tell them what you need, pick their brains.
The other realtor I used is Jim Minnelli with The Villages. But they are most all top notch. Call these people, email them, they want your money, and work hard for it. Knowledgable, ethical, trustworthy.

It took me a year of using them to finally make a deal. That's what they do.
Old 05-22-2014, 02:53 PM

Santa, I use ziprealty.com Sandy is great!
Old 05-22-2014, 03:05 PM

I second that she and her husband bent over backwards as I just bough from them
and they are always getting back to me as I live in jersey
very reliable
Old 05-22-2014, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittygilchrist View Post
Santa, have you ever visited TV? I know there aren't many children here, but maybe you took a vacay here?

Oh yes, we have visited on several occasions, that's how I know I'd like to be near Spanish Springs. We are still a few years from being able to move, so I hate to get a realtor involved this early. But at the same time, we want to know how far our dollar will go and what kinds of upgrades we might need to expect in general. My wife is very concerned about lot sizes and sense of privacy, so we are looking at lots of listings to get a feel for which neighborhoods and home types might work for us. We are planning to visit again this November and do some deeper investigation than we had in the past. On previous trips retirement seemed a lifetime away, now it is either immanent or upon us. Thanks for the feedback.

EDITED TO ADD: On rereading some of the responses it seems there may have been some confusion. I want to make certain that the properties we are looking at ARE PART of the Villages. I want the whole lifestyle, not just the stuff available to the public.
Old 05-22-2014, 07:15 PM
Veteran member

From my experience, working as an appraiser years ago, Zillow is NOT accurate.
Old 05-23-2014, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eremite06 View Post
From my experience, working as an appraiser years ago, Zillow is NOT accurate.

I'm curious, in what regard is it inaccurate? Do they misrepresent the data in the MLS? Or are you talking about their Zestimate appraisals, which I don't use. I have heard that they don't capture all of the homes for sale. For my purposes it seems to work quite well: looking at a map, click on homes for sale, see several pictures to get a sense of what homes in the area are like, and what they cost. At this point it doesn't much matter if the numbers or other data are completely accurate or if all sales are represented. The only thing that really bothers me is when they attempt to map listings that don't have addresses and they just center the marker on the district (? county? whatever?). It can look like the property is in a prime neighborhood at a budget price. Frustrating! It would be nice if they centered these on the rec center that services the neighborhood... I know, asking a lot.
Old 05-23-2014, 06:56 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

so Santa has visited here. Okay who had the chimney for him to come down. Lol. I would use Lyle and you can let him know your time frame maybe something might come up sooner and be the best deal of your life.
Old 05-23-2014, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
... maybe something might come up sooner and be the best deal of your life.

Yeah! That's exactly what I'm worried about! That we see our dream house and can't move for years yet. We are mid-whole-house-renovation at the moment; i.e. unsaleable. We are doing all the work ourselves and I would estimate it will require 4-5 years to complete, depending on the definition of "complete". Plus, I think it will take every bit that long to whittle down our stuff enough to shoehorn into a Villages house (one we can really afford, anyhow). So hopefully all this exploration will yield just information for now and not a distant property for us to maintain and try to rent out!
Old 05-23-2014, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyle Gant View Post
If you will go to my website and click homes by village,you will be able to see what is available. The other website depend on field in the MLS that is not mandatory andis about 50% ,missing. I use TaxID's. http://www.lylesellsfla.com/The_Villages_FL_listings/featured.shtml

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.
This website will not let you pull up detail. I tried on 3 listings G4705843, G4704359, & G4705674.
Old 05-25-2014, 04:56 AM
Sage
Location: the villages since 04. Lived in Alaska, Texas, California, Massachusetts, Maine, Maryland, New York
Thanked 7,017 Times in 1,205 Posts

Try using Focus On The Villages > Home. that is what I used to look at homes. It lists homes inside the villages, and also outside The Villages and where they are. Good luck.
Old 06-13-2014, 07:57 PM

A lot of the newer villages in TV are not on maps yet.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.