CYV garage

Closed Thread
Old 04-16-2014, 02:38 PM
Gold member
Location: Chicago, Des Moines, St Louis, Fort Wayne -TV Wannabe
Default CYV garage

Sorry if this has been recently asked.

We are looking at an Anna Maria Courtyard Villa and I wonder can you fit a Honda Odyssey Minivan and 2 golf carts in the garage?
Old 04-16-2014, 03:52 PM

I don't have any firsthand knowledge, but I was just looking at the floorplan and I think it would be very tight, and if it would work at all you'd probably have to put the carts in first, right against the wall and then pull the van in. And reverse the process to get the carts out. If you don't get a better answer I can model it up real quick and see. imageuploadedbytapatalk1397681539-131819-jpg
Old 04-16-2014, 04:18 PM

Standard garage doors are 8', 9' or 10' for single openings. Based on the floorplan, I'm assuming that's a 10' door. An Odyssey (sans mirrors) is 77" (6' 5") wide. That only leaves 3-1/2 feet clearance through the door. Even if you pull all the way in there will be 5' open behind the van, but it don't think that will be enough to get a cart in and out without moving the van. I can model it in SketchUp if nobody else chimes in with real world experience.
Old 04-16-2014, 04:36 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

The CYV's have 12' garage doors. In most cases driving straight in you're good to get a golf cart and car to fit side by side, it works but is very tight. To get a second cart you would need the 20' depth all the way across the back wall. In our home we can't because the washer & dryer is there. The Anna Maria I believe has the W/D up front next to the door with a deep back wall. We live in a masonry CYV, I believe that model was called a Gratham in masonry. We have four of those on our block, they all have SUV's and one cart, haven't seen anybody try two carts.
Old 04-16-2014, 04:55 PM
Gold member
Location: Chicago, Des Moines, St Louis, Fort Wayne -TV Wannabe
Default thought so

awesome, thanks!!!
Old 04-16-2014, 06:01 PM

I've often thought that the curve in the driveway would make it difficult to park a van and a golf cart in the garage. The best thing to do is to try out a space in a CYV. We have a patio villa and even a straight line with a Toyota Sienna van and golf cart is pretty tight.
Old 04-16-2014, 06:24 PM

We are in a Fairmont CYV, and have two standard (two seater not four seater) carts and a Ford Edge that we park in the garage. It is tight, but after a year of parking them, it really is not difficult. Don't know the dimensions of either the Honda or the Ford Edge, but if the Honda is any real amount wider than the Edge it would be very difficult. I was surprised at how short the Edge really is. We leave several feet both in front of and behind the Edge when we park it.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.