Fractional Ownership in The Villages

Closed Thread
Old 01-02-2021, 10:20 AM
Default Fractional Ownership in The Villages

I’ve conducted several searches online and cannot find any data or articles regarding fractional ownership in The Villages.

Fractional ownership is owning a % of a home in The Villages. We are seeking either a 33% or 50% share of a home that we could share ownership with 1 or 2 other owners. This opportunity is perfect for snowbirds or Florida residents seeking a 2nd home. We are local (Orlando) and seeking a 2nd homE opportunity.

Does anyone have any experience or even heard of such in TV?
Old 01-03-2021, 10:29 AM
Default Contact a Villages realator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowabuddy View Post
I’ve conducted several searches online and cannot find any data or articles regarding fractional ownership in The Villages.

Fractional ownership is owning a % of a home in The Villages. We are seeking either a 33% or 50% share of a home that we could share ownership with 1 or 2 other owners. This opportunity is perfect for snowbirds or Florida residents seeking a 2nd home. We are local (Orlando) and seeking a 2nd homE opportunity.

Does anyone have any experience or even heard of such in TV?
I looked into this for my sister. Each home can have two people each with a Villages ID. And they don't have to be related. So you could easily go 50%. If a third person were involved they certainly can provide the money but they would not have an ID but one of the other owners can get them a visitors ID, just as if they were renting the unit to this third person. This works if all the investors are not in the home at the same time, which seems like what your case might be. I think if you live locally you can get a visitor ID that is "permanent" - no need to submit a form each time the third person shows up. I have forgotten exactly how far away they can live for this one. Otherwise I think the normal visitor ID is good for 6 months. I got this information from a Villages realtor.
Old 02-12-2021, 12:27 PM

We are interested in the same thing. We are in pompano beach about 4 hours away
Old 02-12-2021, 07:09 PM
Veteran member

could you own a home with your brother/sister inlaw. what a can of worms. they want pink walls , you want blue......carpet or wood.
Closed Thread

Tags
ownership, home, fractional, villages, seeking

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.