General area advice

Closed Thread
Old 09-23-2020, 11:43 AM
Question General area advice

Hi,
I'm from New England and have been to TV in person. Its grown since then, I have a couple questions while doing research that I have not found.

1.Each town has a theme, but what are the benefits and issues with each area. I assume the area around the main lake is busy and noisy?

2. I see in almost every description, north of 466 or south of same? Why is that important?

Thanks
Bud
Old 09-23-2020, 11:56 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by RI401 View Post
Hi,
I'm from New England and have been to TV in person. Its grown since then, I have a couple questions while doing research that I have not found.

1.Each town has a theme, but what are the benefits and issues with each area. I assume the area around the main lake is busy and noisy?

2. I see in almost every description, north of 466 or south of same? Why is that important?

Thanks
Bud
Only the "Town Squares" have themes. The Town squares are made up of commercial properties and are made to look like a Spanish Town...Spanish Springs. Lake Sumter is a seaside town with a bit of old whimsy. And Brownwood is pattern after a Country Store in Michigan where Gary Morse's sister made donuts and sold things. The Village have interesting names but no themes. Part of the area north of 466 is controlled by the AAC that was formed after a group of residents won their lawsuit against the developer after searching for a venue to hear it. Some people see no difference in how it is run. The Villages all have deed restrictions preventing anyone to put up political signs or herds of flamingos and to keep the home colors tastefully subdued.

I admit to loving it here and have friends in the new and old sections who all argue that they live in the best part.

I don't think you can go wrong. New homes and used homes are pretty much priced the same and they all sell easily.

I don't sell real estate and have no personal knowledge of the developers other than to admire how they run things.
Old 09-23-2020, 12:27 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,020 Times in 5,321 Posts

Read read read all of the posts on here and will get lots of info. Otherwise people can write a book.

Strongly suggest coming here for some time to figure this place out.

We were here for two long week ends and last June spent a month and in hindsight should have stayed longer.

Happy with where we picked N of 466A between Lake Sumter and Brownwood but again with hindsight should have purchased larger house. Came from 3200 sq ft down to 2000.
Old 09-23-2020, 03:50 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,152 Times in 1,326 Posts

Quote:
Hi,

Thanks
Bud

Bud, guessing that when you say 'town' you mean 'Town Square....

Each of the 3 town squares have a different look and feel...however they all have
(in pre-covid 19 times) free live nightly dancing available to the public (chairs provided), restaurants and various retail stores surrounding the squares, and movie theatres....and they have a 1 hour happy hour at the shacks that sell adult drinks on the squares

Spanish Springs is the oldest, this square also has The Sharon, a performance venue similar to (but smaller) than The Wang Theatre that you may be familiar with in Boston where live acts / plays / concerts /etc. are staged

Lake Sumter Landing seems to me to have a Key West or Cape Cod Village feel to it...it offers boating and a waterfront dock that is unique from the other squares...I've never thought that it was noisy or unusually loud

Brownwood's Paddock Square has a Florida Cowboy theme to it...unique to this square is the raised / covered seating at this square for folks to sit in while enjoying the nightly music. On Saturday mornings there is a farmer's market at Brownwood...currently under construction are golf cart bridges that will connect the Villages in the Southern Oaks area to Paddock Square

The only real noise coming from any of the squares is the nightly music...but you really have to be up close to the squares to hear it....and the nightly music shuts down at 9pm nightly anyway. By 9:30pm with the exception of a few restaurant bars that remain open 'the sidewalks in TV are pretty well rolled up'...and traffic on the streets is minimal

regarding the north/south of 466....many people consider that to be the midpoint of the Villages...and use that to gauge the proximity to the squares....that's all that I can share about that. Over the last few years there has been significant development in what is referred to as the South Oaks area

hope this helps a little
Old 09-23-2020, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Hi,

Thanks
Bud
1. There are about 80 or 90 villages now. Some are closer to the squares, some are further. Some are near shopping, or the hospital, or a major rec center, or several golf courses, or some other feature. Some are not as near. Some were built 30 years ago, some were built last week. But in the end, all the villages are good. You have to decide what is important to you.

2. The major roads that cross the Villages are 466, 466A, and 44. What you are seeing is just a reference to give you a broad idea of the area under discussion. In general, the northern area was built some time ago. The new construction is south of 44. But there are exceptions.
Old 09-23-2020, 04:49 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

No one can really explain what would be of interest to you. And every has a different option of an area.

Best to come and evaluate for awhile to get a feel of each area
Old 09-30-2020, 09:51 PM
Default Looking from the outside.

Thank you for responding. I guess looking from the outside people may see things differently. Brownwood appeals to me for some reason as a more relaxed area. What I did find from some of you that have youtube videos, was the amenities. I feel I would use them more than the Squares and being close to the ones I like would be important. Love the music and food trucks in Fenney. Love the archery and pistol range.
Old 10-02-2020, 09:46 AM
Send a message via AIM to joelfmi

The Villages Community watch is comprised of 6 full time and 294 part time employees. According to the Community Watch it�s is this correct if so how is the villages able to run this city with so few people. This came out of you website. what is the average carrying charges for a $300,000 home.
Closed Thread

Tags
area, assume, main, lake, busy

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.