Home insurance (doing my homework)

Closed Thread
Old 02-13-2021, 06:36 PM
Default Home insurance (doing my homework)

I'm doing a lot of homework before I decide to move to TV, so I'd appreciate any feedback current homeowners can give me.

I'm currently in NYC with Chubb and I have a "full-value replacement" policy with them, and the agent is HUB Northeast.

I know Chubb and HUB are in Florida as well. What are your experiences with home insurance and whom do you recommend? Both company and agent suggestions would be appreciated!

The one thing that I like about Chubb is their loyalty - I've had very few claims (storm and tree damage for the edge of the roof, food spoilage during a power outage, puffback from a hot water heater) and they have always come thru and never cancelled the policy - I've been with Liberty Mutual and others, and after a single claim (tree damage, etc), they've cancelled the policy.

I don't know if it's COVID-related or not, but the HUB office in Winter Park doesn't even return emails. I need an agent I can depend on.

Thanks!
Closed Thread

Tags
agent, chubb, hub, policy, tree

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.