How To Handle Amenity Fee/Water Bill with Long Term tenant

Closed Thread
Old 01-23-2022, 08:32 AM
Red face How To Handle Amenity Fee/Water Bill with Long Term tenant

We are buying A CYV for a rental property. I see many landlords pay water and trash (which I usually do in my former hometown with rentals); since the Amenity fee is $179, is how do charge the tenant for that without having them also pay the water and trash? I called the CDD and they will not separate the charge.
Is this fee usually included in the rental amount? Don't see I will come out ahead if that is the case with rates where they are now!
Old 01-23-2022, 07:37 PM
Veteran member
Location: The Villages - Formerly Atlanta Endicott and Syracuse NY

Landlord pays the water .. Else you get a scorched lawn that needs replacing at the end of the lease
Old 01-23-2022, 09:44 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,980 Times in 713 Posts

My bill does not include water as that is a separate bill. I would think that you would pay the bill and just include an amount as part of the rent. I don’t think that you want to trust a tenant to be responsible to pay your monthly bill.
Old 01-24-2022, 08:01 AM
Location: Wyoming born, Texan by choice, Motorcoach wander and now Glenbrook village

Include it in the rent price. I included the property taxes, mortgage payment, insurance (rental property) into the rent I asked plus a profit. You need to put your operating costs into the rent
Closed Thread

Tags
pay, water, trash, fee, charge

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.