How to sell our home in The Villages Pine Hills, next to Pine Ridge?

Closed Thread
Old 06-09-2018, 11:06 AM
Arrow How to sell our home at the corner of Drake Drive & Moyer Loop

We are going to list our home at 3198 Holley Terrace (The one that backs to the corner of Drake Drive and Moyer Loop with the fountain) in mid October. Can any recommend a great realtor for a resale? Not sure if we are better off going with an independent realtor or a Villages realtor.

Who do we sign with? Just a Villages Realtor, Just an independent realtor or some combination of both? Are realtor fees negotiable?

Is it relatively easy to sell a 2 year old home in the Pine Hills section? Seems inventory is slim at this time, as they have pretty much finished up the building of homes here...save for The Preserve.

Any and all input would be appreciated.

Last edited by TOTV Newbie; 06-10-2018 at 08:26 AM.
Old 06-09-2018, 11:19 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOTV Newbie View Post
What is the process for selling a home in the villages? Who do we sign with? Just a Villages Realtor, Just an independent realtor or some combination of both? Are realtor fees negotiable?

Is it relatively easy to sell a 2 year old home in the Pine Hills section? Seems inventory is slim at this time, as they have pretty much finished up the building of homes here...save for The Preserve.

Call Mary Grant. She is a great realtor.
Old 06-09-2018, 11:48 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,301 Times in 2,369 Posts

Why not back track to when you bought,, the answers are there.
Old 06-09-2018, 12:08 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,335 Times in 729 Posts

One recent poster shared his results for negotiations of MLS realtor rates. He reported 5% and 4.5%. So, yes, MLS rates are negotiable
Old 06-09-2018, 12:33 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,950 Times in 829 Posts

Quote:
What is the process for selling a home in the villages? Who do we sign with? Just a Villages Realtor, Just an independent realtor or some combination of both? Are realtor fees negotiable?

You have to choose either The Villages or a local Realtor, can't do both. TV charges 6%, 6 month contract, they will give you back 1% if you rebuy in TV from them. Realtors will negotiate, you can get a 5% deal, 3 month listing. If your home does not sell in 3 months something is wrong with the home or the price.
Old 06-09-2018, 12:45 PM

I have yet to sell a home here and don’t have any plans to. But if I were and there weren’t any special circumstances that would put me in a huge hurry - as long as I felt my home was desirable and in a desirable location and “move in ready”, I would take a shot at for sale by owner before listing with anyone. Even if just try it for a month first. Better deal for the buyer and more money in your pocket to walk away with.

Commissions may be negotiable with outside realty companies but I will bet they are not with TV Realty.
Old 06-09-2018, 12:46 PM
Gold member
Location: Pittsburgh, Cincinnati,Chicago ,buffalo, Asheville ,Pittsburgh

Interview both and then make a decision. Fees are negotiable but I would not do that. you are risking the possibility of agents not wanting to show your house because it limits their commission.
Old 06-09-2018, 01:33 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

I can tell you from our experience last March... We were wondering whether to go with a TV sales agent or an MLS Realtor because in the past the sales agents wanted to sell new homes as opposed to showing you resales. We had our TV sales agent (who sold us our new house 6 years ago) come out and go through the house and give a presentation. He convinced us that the TV sales agents were currently showing resales a lot, because people wanted to be in the areas where new homes are not being built, as opposed to Fenney. (Nothing against Fenney, BTW...)

We had an extremely fast sale and a good experience with our TV sales agent. I could be wrong, but I don't think you can list with both TV and an MLS Realtor. You can house-hunt with both, but I don't think you can sell using both. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 06-09-2018, 01:48 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:

I would think you could start by asking the agent who sold to you.
Old 06-09-2018, 03:02 PM

Mark Dyer from Black Tie Realty will get the job done! Had a contract within 24 hours after listing with him! 352-516-8808
Closed Thread

Tags
villages, realtor, home, sell, pine

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.