Inspectors

Closed Thread
Old 04-29-2013, 07:29 PM
Default Inspectors

We are getting near purchasing in TVs. We know we need to get a Home Inspection and want a Termite Inspection as well. We were given a list of Inspectors for both but have no knowledge of who is good and who to stay away from(if there are any). Can anyone offer who would be good to hire. Thanks and can not wait to move from New York St to TV's.
Old 04-29-2013, 07:33 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Frank DeAngelo who advertises on this forum is a remarkably good inspector.

I am supposing that you won't have a mortgage and are buying a resale.

New homes don't need an inspection in my view anyway.
Old 04-29-2013, 07:37 PM
Sage

oh dear, I should hope your mtg co. has an inspector to call on?
Old 04-29-2013, 07:42 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

termite should already be in place...just need to call the company...as gracie says new you don't need an inspection...resale you bet ya
Old 04-29-2013, 07:57 PM

Yes this is a resale.
Old 04-29-2013, 07:59 PM
Gold member

A new build requires a walk through to check for any imperfections in & out. This is sort of an inspection and unless you know what to look for you may miss some thing. You may find it later but may become a hassel to get it fixed. So in my opinion I think it's a good idea to have an experienced person join you on your first inspection/walk-through. I, too, recommend Frank DeAngelo.
Good luck
Old 04-29-2013, 08:22 PM
TOTV SPONSOR

Thank you Rick and Gracie for your kind referral.

I am both a ASHI Certified, licensed Home Inspector and a licensed Wood Destroying Organism Inspector. Florida has specific rules on this, so to comply with those rules I do Home Inspections through my own company and do WDO inspections through my affiliation with the WDO Inspection company, A7.

Many times a WDO, (termite) inspection may not be necessary, that is contingent upon many factors such as if a current bond is in place and if it is transferable, etc. Some folks still want the piece of mind knowing that a independent WDO inspection is done by someone who is not in the Pest control business, and they would like to know the results before proceeding with the purchase.

Still others may need this for a mortgage, especially if there is no evidence of any prior treatment, etc.

I recently posted a long post on a recent inspection I did on a brand new, never lived in home, one day after the first owners closed on the house. It was a beautiful home, and the new owners wanted it inspected before meeting with the builder for the final walk through.

I found 37 issues. Many were minor, but how much better it was for these new owners to be able to have all of these issues fixed BEFORE they moved in.

Of course, one could say it was not needed, because the home came with a one year warranty.......they could have waited until the first year was up. This is true. For these new owners they could now move into their new home and start enjoying their new life in The Villages without being bothered with getting issues resolved while living there.

So, I say all that simply to make the point that Gracie, you are right. A brand new home does not need an inspection......but in some cases it may be prudent.

A pre-owned home, unless you crawl through the attic and walk the roof, etc, and know what issues to look for, should always have a quality home inspection done as part of the buying process. When compared to the cost of the home, the small price for this inspection is very affordable....and in some cases, the best money you could ever spend.

Most folks would not buy a used car without a test drive and getting it looked at by a mechanic......why would you not do the same for the much bigger purchase of a home?

I'll just add that as a buyer, you have the right to use a Home Inspector of YOUR choosing.....you do not need to use who the Real Estate Agent may suggest.

Forgive my long post.....it's one of my favorite subjects....

Respectfully, Frank D'Angelo, ACI
Old 07-21-2013, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajs922 View Post
We are getting near purchasing in TVs. We know we need to get a Home Inspection and want a Termite Inspection as well. We were given a list of Inspectors for both but have no knowledge of who is good and who to stay away from(if there are any). Can anyone offer who would be good to hire. Thanks and can not wait to move from New York St to TV's.
we used D'Angelo 352 250 7818. The most comprehensive professional 41 page report you could expect to see and wait till he tells you his price for spending 3 1/2 hours doing his job. You will definitely want to be present for his explainations. A most delightful gentleman.
Old 07-21-2013, 10:07 AM
TOTV SPONSOR

Thank you Ben for your kind words. It was a pleasure meeting both you and your wife, and of course doing your inspection.
Good luck in your new home.
Of course, if you have any questions or concerns on any aspect of your home, please feel free to ask. I'm always happy to help.

I might add here that a perspective buyer of a home has the right to use ANY Home Inspector they feel comfortable with. You do NOT need to use one recommended by a broker, or one "on the list", etc. I recommend an ASHI Certified inspector.
(ASHI stands for the American Society of Home Inspectors).

This is a standard many Inspectors do not achieve, and one I am proud of.

Respectfully,

Frank D'Angelo, ACI
Old 07-21-2013, 11:54 AM

Thanks to all of you. We used Dangelo Inspections and he did a GREAT job for us. Anyone who needs an inspector should use him.
Old 07-27-2013, 07:49 AM

We too used Frank D'Angelo for our home, responsive to phone calls, on time and a detailed and thorough report. I had spoken to Frank twice on the phone prior to the inspection, and he always took the time to answer all questions to my satisfaction.
Old 08-21-2013, 01:12 PM

We are close to being 1 yr residents in the Villages and learned we should have an inspection done before the anniversary date is here. Hired Frank D'Angelo to do the job. Best compliment he can be given is: HE WALKS THE TALK. We could not have found a better person to do the inspection. From roof to floor. Nothing was missed. He is very knowledgeable on all the aspects of a new / used building. We got a pdf file with everything he found. He explained everything before he left and also sent the 43 page report to the warranty dept. of the Villages. This was on Monday, the 19th of August. Today is the 21st and 90% of the deficiencies have been corrected. If you are looking for a home inspector....please give Frank a call: 352-250-7818...you cannot go wrong. Thank you Frank for a job well done !!!!!!!!!!! Bob 'n Pat
Old 08-26-2013, 09:55 PM

Another recommendation for Frank DeAngelo. Last Saturday he inspected the resale we are buying. Not only is he incredibly detailed but he explains everything to you. We highly recommend him!
Old 08-27-2013, 05:14 AM
Veteran member
Send a message via MSN to Bryan

Some general advice. You did not say where you got the list of names of inspectors. Sometimes (not always) there are problems using names recommended by a realtor - both could have a vested interest in making sure a sale goes through smoothly and with no hitches.. You are best served to independently pick your inspector yourself, as you seem to be doing. Check to see if there is current termite protection on the home you plan to purchase (the agent should be able to tell you). If there is, it is sometimes best to just transfer that program to the new owner and then no inspection is required. Lastly, a relatively new law in Florida now requires that home inspectors be licensed. Most have complied but there are a few around who have not. Ask about your inspectors license before hiring him, make sure he is Florida licensed to do home inspections.
Old 08-27-2013, 06:18 AM
Platinum member

I'm sure the inspectors who are posting here are good ones and you can't go wrong with them. I also recommend Brian Hargrove of Hargrove Inspections, who did a fantastic job for me. 352-638-6288

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.